PDA

View Full Version : Malone in tears

Kat
04-30-2002, 12:10 AM
Dang, that tore me up. He gained my respect for pulling it together in front of the media.

DTL
04-30-2002, 01:37 AM
The passing of an era.

madape
04-30-2002, 08:42 AM
Tee Hee. Poor little cry baby Malone.

Did you not get your championship ring? Awwwwww.

MFFL
04-30-2002, 08:46 AM
<< Tee Hee. Poor little cry baby Malone.

Did you not get your championship ring? Awwwwww. >>

That's cold - funny but cold.

Drbio
04-30-2002, 08:45 PM
I just have one thing to say to that elbow-throwing piece of....

HAHAHAHAHA....loser.

MavsFanFinley
04-30-2002, 10:48 PM
Haha, that is funny Madape.

I have a hard time feeling for him though.

TheKid
05-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Well I'm sorry, but I don't feel at all bad for him.. He was an ASS in every since of the word.. A GREAT basketball player, but an ASS!!!

Epitome22
05-01-2002, 11:10 AM
I'm not a Malone fan but as a fan of the nba, I don't understand how you can't feel for him and Stockton. Great players, had a great run and are a part of Basketball history. They should induct them in the hall of fame on the same day.

Take it easy now Malone, you had a good run. Drive off to your ranch, kick back, and don't even think about Basketball for a few months. You'll make an awesome coach. Show these Ballerinas how to post up.

The Crippler
05-01-2002, 11:25 AM
F Malone and his smug little sidekick...

I laugh at them now!

TheKid
05-01-2002, 11:30 AM
LOL Crippler..

I do agree on one hand Epitome, he would be a great coach for big men. However, I still can't stand the guy, but there's NO DOUBT he and Stockton will go into the Hall of Fame..

madape
05-01-2002, 11:48 AM
I hope the NBA puts a little asterick on Malone's plaque:

* Karl Malone played 20 years in the NBA and never came close to winning a champioship. When he retired, he was the only one crying.

grbh
05-01-2002, 12:10 PM
The thing with Malone is you hate him, but you would love to have him on your team.

Lots of hockey players like that.

ReggieThetaChi
05-01-2002, 02:10 PM
I have a hard time respecting anyone who wrestled with Diamond Dallas Page. It's bad enough he willingly appeared in a wrestling show, but with that WT loser? Good riddence.

Murphy3
05-01-2002, 07:04 PM
i know i'll be crucified a bit for this..but, i don't dislike the mailman

Rhylan
05-01-2002, 07:35 PM
<< i know i'll be crucified a bit for this..but, i don't dislike the mailman >>

I was just about to say the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I hated him when he was trying to mess up Dirk's shoulder last year, and I hated him during the playoffs because that just comes naturally to me. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

But he is SO accomplished, despite being a jackass sometimes. And I like people who speak their minds like Karl does. You have to respect someone that has played as long as he has and been this consistent and healthy.

Epitome22
05-02-2002, 12:14 AM
<< I hope the NBA puts a little asterick on Malone's plaque:

* Karl Malone played 20 years in the NBA and never came close to winning a champioship. When he retired, he was the only one crying. >>

Two trips to the finals is a hell of alot closer than alot of people have gotten.

madape
05-03-2002, 12:10 PM
the nba ain't horseshoes. Close does NOT count. Losers are losers, and losers that lose twenty years in a row are big time, record setting losers. Karl, here's to a great career &quot;Loser&quot;, your legacy will live on in infamy.

Murphy3
05-03-2002, 12:16 PM
so are the mavs' losers?..they've never won a title

madape
05-03-2002, 12:56 PM
just give 'em time baby.

Epitome22
05-03-2002, 06:45 PM
<< the nba ain't horseshoes. Close does NOT count. Losers are losers, and losers that lose twenty years in a row are big time, record setting losers. Karl, here's to a great career &quot;Loser&quot;, your legacy will live on in infamy. >>

Before you said Malone had never gotten close to winning a championship. Going to the finals twice and to a 7th game in one of them is awfully close. Certainly takes care of your idiotic statement that he never got close. As for Malone being a career loser, by that logic, lots of great players, Ewing, Miller, Ritchmond, Stockton, Wilkins, Barkley, or anyone that didn't play for the Bulls or the rockets in the 90's are also career losers correct?, The Mavs as a franchise have been around longer than Malone as a player and they've never even made it to the WC Finals. They are also career losers right? It's a good thing no one mistakes you for an intelligent person because that could potentially cause alot of problems. I'm sorry if Karl Malone beat up your dad back in 1989 or something but your pointless vendetta against him is rather pathetic. I suggest you seek help for that.

Rhylan
05-03-2002, 08:40 PM
<< Going to the finals twice and to a 7th game in one of them is awfully close. Certainly takes care of your idiotic statement that he never got close. >>

It was six games both times.. FYI

reeds
05-03-2002, 10:13 PM
Calling the Mailman a loser is a total joke. The guy is 2nd all time in scoring- one of if not the greatest forwards to ever lace em up.

I guess Dan Marino is a loser too...most passing yards in football, holds over 50 records.. see my point?

Sure- The mailman may not be the most liked guy around- but calling him a loser doesnt really make sense (to me)

grbh
05-03-2002, 10:45 PM
If that is the case, man there were a lot of losers on the 90s. It is not fair. Think of your job. I will shortly begin working in a company with 31,000 employees.

If I am the 2nd best am I a loser.

MavsFanFinley
05-03-2002, 11:14 PM
He's by no means a loser simply cause he hasn't won a championship. As it's been pointed out he's one of the best pf's to ever play the game.

I don't like him cause of his antics and attitude. It seems to have gotten worse as his career goes on.

Take Barkley. I feel bad for him for having not ever gotten the ring. I would by no means call him a loser cause he didn't win a championship.

I just don't feel bad for Malone cause of the shit he does.

Drbio
05-03-2002, 11:20 PM
well said MFF!

Smiles
05-03-2002, 11:47 PM
I feel sorry for him - jackass or not.

DTL
05-04-2002, 12:46 AM
I think I *am* going to miss the Stockton-Malone game though. It's just that when they are actually playing ball instead of playing &quot;dirty&quot;, it's been rather enjoyable to watch.

madape
05-04-2002, 09:59 AM
Karl Malone can kiss my ass. Just like Richmond, Barkley, Ewing, and the rest of the over-hyped stars of the eighties, he has no hardware to show for his &quot;hall of fame career&quot;. He will always be known as a good player, but one that could never get it done... A guy that when it came right down to it, couldn't win the big game. He certainly had the talent, but he just wasn't good enough. Hakeem, Jordan, Isaiah.. those guys could strap a team on their backs and take them to the promised land. Malone, for as good as he was, was not that type of player. I never liked the guy, and now that his disappointing career is coming to an end, I can't help but rejoice a little. Loser? Sorry if that word offended some of you girls. But this is sports, and by definition there is always a winner and a loser. Since Malone has never won one g-damned thing, I think its pretty safe to label him a loser. If you all want to sit around in a circle, hold hands, and talk about how wonderful everyone is, and how there are no losers in life, I suggest you go check out www.hippy.com.

madape
05-04-2002, 10:07 AM
** In the interests of love and peace, I have self-edited my commentary on Epitome's mom. Thanks Dr. Bio! **

Drbio
05-04-2002, 11:16 AM
madape- you are da' man. Thanks.

editted for a classy earlier edit....

reeds
05-04-2002, 02:04 PM
Whoever was the one who said &quot;if he was on your team- you would love him&quot;. I totally agree. Thats how I look at a player. They may do some things that you hate when you play them, but just picture them on your side. I think you would all like a Malone on the Mavs? I would...

Hoopsmeister
05-04-2002, 02:26 PM
<< Whoever was the one who said &quot;if he was on your team- you would love him&quot;. I totally agree. Thats how I look at a player. They may do some things that you hate when you play them, but just picture them on your side. I think you would all like a Malone on the Mavs? I would... >>

I would have. Not anymore. He'll be a good role-player for somebody (probably the Jazz) next year, but he's done.

DTL
05-04-2002, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't want trade Bradley for Malone next year.

Drbio
05-04-2002, 04:28 PM
WHAT? I hate Malone, but I would trade Bradley in a heartbeat for Malone. Then I would probably like him a little more. I would still hate his elbow throwing, no-class style of play, but he would contribute much more than Bradley does.

madape
05-05-2002, 10:51 AM
Bradley was by far the Mavs best center in game #1 of the Sac series

Drbio
05-05-2002, 04:05 PM
no argument here madape, but Bradley vs. Malone is a no brainer. And why the hell didn't Esch get some minutes.

DTL
05-05-2002, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure whether Malone is a good fit for the Mavs' game though. Not that Bradley is, either, I guess.

Epitome22
05-05-2002, 11:17 PM
<< Karl Malone can kiss my ass. Just like Richmond, Barkley, Ewing, and the rest of the over-hyped stars of the eighties, he has no hardware to show for his &quot;hall of fame career&quot;. He will always be known as a good player, but one that could never get it done... A guy that when it came right down to it, couldn't win the big game. He certainly had the talent, but he just wasn't good enough. Hakeem, Jordan, Isaiah.. those guys could strap a team on their backs and take them to the promised land. Malone, for as good as he was, was not that type of player. I never liked the guy, and now that his disappointing career is coming to an end, I can't help but rejoice a little. Loser? Sorry if that word offended some of you girls. But this is sports, and by definition there is always a winner and a loser. Since Malone has never won one g-damned thing, I think its pretty safe to label him a loser. If you all want to sit around in a circle, hold hands, and talk about how wonderful everyone is, and how there are no losers in life, I suggest you go check out www.hippy.com. >>

Well since Malone enjoyed a 20 year all star caliber career as a professional athlete and you can do no better than troll internet messageboards and belittle other people's achievments, what does that make you? a winner?

I'm not sure what it was you said about my mother but in the future, for whatever interests, leave her out of the equation. I don't make fun of your mother, I just make fun of you.

madape
05-06-2002, 09:21 AM
DJ - please keep looking into that &quot;ignore&quot; feature for FuseTalk

TheKid
05-06-2002, 11:32 AM
I don't think there is a bigger person here who hates Malone like I do.. I've hated his ass every since he gave my boy Isiah those 44 stitches.

That being said, the guy is FAR from a loser. The ONE thing that I have to give it up for him is, the man came to play and he VERY RARELY missed any games. You can't say that for the MAJORITY of players today. That in itself tells me that he was there trying to help his team win EVEN when they didn't have a chance. The man is far from a loser, he just missed out on a ring but that's too bad. I don't feel bad for him AT ALL, but I surely wouldn't classify Malone as a loser.

madape
05-06-2002, 01:13 PM
Why is everyone feeling sorry for this guy? He's one of the dirtyest players in the history of the game... Not to mention that he's been a thorn in the side of the Mavericks for his entire career. He was a good player, arguably one of the best PF of all time. But I thought that great players were supposed to be able to lead their teams to championsips. Malone has never done that. In fact, of the 17 or so seasons Malone has spent in the league, he has gone home a loser every single time. I'm sorry if that word isn't politically correct, but in Malone's case it's true... and I don't care how hard he tried, or how many games he strapped it on for. He never won. It doesn't matter how much you care about winning, if you never win anything, you aren't a winner, and that's what Malone's career will be remembered as.

And now I hear that Karl wants to stick around in the NBA for a couple more so he can pass Kareem for the career scoring record. I've got news for Karl, he may pass Kareem, but he is nowhere near the same class of player. Unlike Karl, Kareem is a champion. Unlike Karl, Kareem had class.

TheKid
05-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Well I'm not going to debate Kareem and Karl because I agree that Karl will never be the player or have the class that Kareem displayed during his career. However in my opinion sometimes championships are TOO MUCH the measuring stick for success.

Do I think Ewing is a failure because he went to a game seven and played his heart out leading his team in points, rebounds, blocked shots during a pivotal game to lose by four points that John Starks decided he wanted to shoot 1 for 13 from the field and 0 of 11 from three point range. NO! Or the year he battled and played with a fracture in his leg to the point he couldn't even play the remainder of the playoffs but was VERY pivotal in his team advancing past an Indiana team, and he was unable to play in the finals where his team lost to the Spurs that he couldn't contribute because of the fracture? NO! In those cases he happened to be on an inferior team, and the same happened with Malone.

I think the fact that Malone, Barkley, Stockton and Ewing (the guys who you classify as losers) should be measured on the fact that they VERY rarely played on teams that weren't winning. That they ALWAYS seem to put their team in a position where they had a chance. All of these guys in their prime ran up against Jordan, Magic and Bird. Arguably three of the best to ever play the game.

Like I said, I don't feel sorry for any of them (with the exception of Ewing) because that's the way it happens sometimes. However ask yourself this question, if Dirk doesn't win a championship but you've seen the corner that the team has taken since his emergence, will he be a loser too?

Murphy3
05-06-2002, 03:23 PM
not winning a championship doesn't make you a loser..
however, not being able to elevate your game in the playoffs doesn't help a players case..

each of the guys that you listed thekid definitely played fine ball during the playoffs.
too bad for them they didn't win a title.. they are hall of famers.. they are among the elite all time of the game.. they aren't losers in terms of basketball

madape
05-06-2002, 04:18 PM
OK fine, you guys win... I'll take back the loser comment. But its only because I'm in a good mood today. Finals are over.

I may have been a bit harsh on Malone, but its just that I hate him so much. The fact that his sorry ass never won a championship is something that brings be great joy. Reading about him crying like a baby over another early playoff exit may not technically be a &quot;win&quot; for Mavericks fans, but it feels like one to me.

TheKid
05-06-2002, 05:20 PM
Well as I said earlier, I don't feel sorry for him either and I'm sure I hate him more than you do. However I do recognize the guy is a great basketball player, but I STILL hate his ass!!!!!

Kat
05-07-2002, 12:08 AM
The one thing that seems to have been forgotten here, is that Karl has played through two, three generations of players. The game has changed so many times. He is a dirty player by todays standards, but a whoosss yesterday. He was and is talented. How many players did he outlast over the years? I just have to give credit to someone that loves the game that much, keeps themselve in that kind of shape. That is not any easy task. Put yourself in his shoes. He loves the game, dirty player, hummm he did what he needed to do to win, it's a debate for certain. It was his dream he lived it, but came up short. I can't imagine his disappointment. He's a competitor.

Drbio
05-07-2002, 12:09 AM
no one disputes his effort or talent....it's just that he is a punkassbitch.

walker727
05-07-2002, 05:30 AM
Let's stop the name calling please, especially when you want call the guy that same name to his face. Karls a big fellow, and I doubt many people will call him that to his face and get away with it.

As for Karl being a loser, he is in no way a loser. I think he is playing in the wrong time, he just so happenly played the same time Michael Jordan played and now Shaq. When the Jazz went to the finals I am sure they would have won 1 of those, if a certain #23 wasn't playing. Now he's playing the same time a number #34 is playing, and I think it is unfortunate. I think it's the same case with Ewing, he is just playing at the wrong time, the younger Ewing definitely couldv'e gotten a title if Starks wouldn't have choked. Now that I look at it, TheKid is saying the same thing I am. These guys are just playing, and was playing at the wrong time. I agree with TheKid, those guys are definitely some of the better players that have ever played the game.

Drbio
05-07-2002, 07:30 PM
welcome to the board walker.....

Let's stop the name calling please, especially when you want call the guy that same name to his face. Karls a big fellow, and I doubt many people will call him that to his face and get away with it.

I would...Karl is a punkassbitch. That's all there is to it IMO. Good player to be sure, but dirty cheap shot artist...absolutely and that qualifies him as a punkassbitch.