PDA

View Full Version : Robinson may miss entire playoffs

grbh
04-30-2002, 01:17 PM
Spurs have no chance against the Lakers (assuming they beat Seattle) without him.

Robinson Out (http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=211&xlc=687389&xld=211)

DTL
04-30-2002, 01:22 PM
Looks like there's something wrong with the link....

DTL
04-30-2002, 01:22 PM
If Robinson's really out for the season, are we looking at another 4-0 second round for the Lakers? i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

DTL
04-30-2002, 01:24 PM
<< (assuming they beat Seattle) >>

Combined with the unfortunate passing of Duncan senior, even that might be a legitimate question now....

grbh
04-30-2002, 01:26 PM
Link should be fixed now DTL, and yeah if they get past Seattle a 4-0 sweep would not surprise me.

Drbio
04-30-2002, 08:47 PM
The Lakers will not sweep the Spurs. With or without Robinson.

MavsFanFinley
04-30-2002, 10:52 PM
I don't know about that Doc.

I wouldn't be surprised by a sweep, but have a hard time picturing the Spurs not winning at least one game at home.

grbh
05-01-2002, 12:24 AM
Well I guess we will get a good sneak peak at the Lakers turning it on during the playoffs. If they sweep the Spurs, and the Mavs win I am not a comfortable Mavs fan.

TheKid
05-01-2002, 10:34 AM
Without Robinson, it's a sweep! Defensively, Shaq CAN handle Duncan but it's always hard to handle Duncan and Robinson. I like Rose, but I'm sorry he's not good enough to compliment Duncan against Shaq. Lakers defensively are good enough to shut down everyone else on that team too... The reason why Robinson causes a problem is it forces Shaq to guard him, which means, Horry or Walker get the Duncan matchup and neither are good enough. Now with Robinson out, Duncan gets Shaq to matchup against him and that causes a problem for Duncan, he's never played well against Shaq. He doesn't play well against players that are bigger than he is (see last years playoffs when Bradley guarded him)with Robinson on the court, he always gets the power forward matchup which he will ALWAYS WIN!!!! So I expect a sweep.