PDA

View Full Version : Sonics-Spurs Game 4

DTL
05-01-2002, 09:46 PM
Vin Baker just got thrown out?

DTL
05-01-2002, 09:49 PM
No. Bowen threw an elbow on Barry, and general chaos was followed by some technicals.

Murphy3
05-01-2002, 10:02 PM
can't believe barry was given a "T"

DTL
05-01-2002, 10:05 PM
Spurs can't seem to do much at all.....Looks like another game 5 in the making?

DTL
05-01-2002, 11:18 PM
Did the Spurs just set the all-time 1st half low scoring record?

OzMavs
05-01-2002, 11:20 PM
This reminds me of the Spurs game against the Raptors. They really suck tonight.

DTL
05-01-2002, 11:27 PM
With no Duncan, no Robinson, this Spurs team simply doesn't have enough to compete against Payton and Company.

Hoopsmeister
05-02-2002, 12:04 AM
<< With no Duncan, no Robinson, this Spurs team simply doesn't have enough to compete against Payton and Company. >>

Yeah. But the guys on the court showed an amazing level of heart battling for it in the second round. Porter and Smith couldn't hit anything but with Duncan and Robinson out and then losing 3! players during the game, the team kept battling. Especially Malik Rose. What an amazing heart.

DTL
05-02-2002, 12:43 AM
They never gave in. It was an amazing effort.

I can't believe they were down to seven players in the end.....

OzMavs
05-02-2002, 01:31 AM
<< They never gave in. It was an amazing effort.

I can't believe they were down to seven players in the end..... >>

What I find amazing is that the Sonics also played only 8 players. Though, 3 were DNP- Coaches decision.

Acute lack of faith in their bench, I guess they would have no problems with that- they won the game. Can't see either team troubling the Leakers, which concerns me a little.

TheKid
05-02-2002, 08:29 AM
Meister, no doubt they showed heart, but watching that game lastnight was a PRIME example of how Duncan and Robinson makes those guys on the perimeter so much better defensively. People were BLOWING by Parker, Daniels, Porter and Smith. When Duncan and Robinson are back there, those dudes look like they're outstanding defenders. That has always been my point about interior defense suring up the perimeter.

One time Gary Payton game right down the court, stopped and waited for the offense to set up and drove right to the basket like it was a layup drill. I laughed saying, if Duncan was there, that would have ended up being a pull up jumpshot.

We'll find out Game 5.