PDA

View Full Version : Raptors-Pistons Game 5

DTL
05-02-2002, 09:25 PM
Stack has one point through three???

Hoopsmeister
05-02-2002, 09:33 PM
Yep. His only point is off the technical shot for a 3-second violation.

DTL
05-02-2002, 10:11 PM
another top-half seed advances. boston's turn tomorrow?

05-03-2002, 08:10 AM
The Raptors would have been really lucky if they had advanced to the 2nd round, but the Pistons D was still good enuff to stop'em.

Dooby
05-03-2002, 08:20 AM
Worst final-shot-of-game ever.

Please tell me that Lenny Wilkens wasn't responsible for that.

TheKid
05-03-2002, 09:26 AM
NOPE it was Chris Childs... I was watching this game, and my friends kept calling me saying how "I told you the Knicks should have never gotten rid of Chris Childs."

I've ALWAYS hated this guy because the second he walks on the court, he's a technical foul waiting to happen, and he makes POOR DECISIONS.

So he played well this entire series until the final minute the TRUE Chris Childs FINALLY reared his ugly head. 50 seconds left, he has the ball on the wing he steps out of bounds.... Then by the grace of god the Raptors get another chance, then Childs comes down and throws up some GOD AWFUL SHOT that I can't BELIEVE he threw up.. Before I saw if the shot went in or not, I was on the phone calling my friends saying, "THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T WANT HIS ASS IN NEW YORK!"

Hoopsmeister
05-03-2002, 12:40 PM
<< Worst final-shot-of-game ever.

Please tell me that Lenny Wilkens wasn't responsible for that. >>

Nope. Raptors were already out of time outs. Childs was trying to 'create' on the fly and clearly had not a clue about how much time was left on the clock.

grbh
05-03-2002, 02:31 PM
That entire series was some boring basketball. Ok there were a couple of close games, but nobody could hit a shot.

Dooby
05-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Lenny had, what? 15-20 seconds after that first missed freethrow. He could have said something. lenny had to hope they missed one. Or else, why foul the guy.

Everybody on this board knows that the Mavericks would never have performed like that in the last 8 seconds of a close game. And I can't believe coaching isn't part of it.

Hoopsmeister
05-03-2002, 03:25 PM
<< Everybody on this board knows that the Mavericks would never have performed like that in the last 8 seconds of a close game. And I can't believe coaching isn't part of it. >>

Unfair comparison Dooby. With Carter out, the Raptors don't have single guy who could do better than 6th in a game of horse with the Mavs.

nekked
05-03-2002, 03:33 PM
i do happen to remember a game this year when we got the ball with just a couple of seconds left and had a timeout left and nellie said go go go and we ended up with a halfcourt heave. of course, that didn't happen in the deciding game of a playoff series. i don't blame lenny, cause, hell, the rebound came off with about 6 seconds left and everyone stood around. childs just made a really bad decision - probably trying to be the hero.

Murphy3
05-03-2002, 03:49 PM
actually..the mavs made all kinds of miscues on the play you're referring to..
including a near walk..a player hesitating before heading up court..
and a poor shot taken when there was enough time on the clock to hit an open man or continue dribbling all the way to the three point line before taking the shot..

however..this isn't the norm for the mavs..they generally make good last second decisions

Dooby
05-03-2002, 05:37 PM
Yes, but Nellie wanted to run and the team knew it.

Sorry guys, you cannot convince me that those 8 seconds were not preventable. A better coached team may have still lost, but would have at least gotten a better shot off.