PDA

View Full Version : Pack Man

djb
04-11-2001, 11:11 AM
Pack's played in almost every game this season, and he obviously hasn't lost a step due to all those past injuries (as evidenced by last night's monster game which effectively ended the Rockets' playoff hopes). Eisley's clearly not the answer at the point, so why not give Pack another shot if he's willing to take a backup role once again? He lives around here during the offseason (home in Flower Mound) and he knows most of the guys already. Eisley can be used as trade bait if necessary, or maybe just as a two guard. Pack's problem has always been his health, so this would be a pretty big gamble. However, he's exactly the type of pg this team needs. He and Moochie Norrie are high on up on my pg wish list. Just a thought.

LonestarROB
04-11-2001, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I think it's too much of a gamble to have 2 point guards that are rather injury prone. I would be more comfortable with someone more reliable.

LonestarROB
04-11-2001, 11:17 AM
Would do you think about Brevin Knight as a backup?

TheKid
04-11-2001, 11:30 AM
Brevin Knight might be more accident prone than Pack. Although when healthy, I like him too.

LonestarROB
04-11-2001, 11:39 AM
Yeah, you could be right. I don't really follow him closely enough to say yes or no. But I've been eyeing a Theo Ratlif/Brevin Knight trade for a while now.

And I agree DJ. Moochie would be a nice pickup.

The Crippler
04-11-2001, 11:43 AM
rashad phillips out of Detroit Mercy...

Hales233
04-11-2001, 01:01 PM
I'd really like to see Pack back with the Mavs next season.

dallaslaker
04-11-2001, 01:46 PM
I've always liked Pack's game, but hated his injuries. I think one of his problems was that he tried to drive the lane too much and then got banged around by the bigger bodies. I haven't watched him much this season, but maybe he is realizing that he should take more of a PG role and not so much of a dunker roler.

I like him enuf that I would take a chance on his injuries again considering that he has played the entire season.

scooterj5
04-11-2001, 05:07 PM
No way we could trust Pack, at least Eisley is almost always there.