PDA

View Full Version : If Portland Gets David Lee

Janett_Reno
01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Portland management seems to be on the right track. They lack a beast around the basket that plays like the old Josh Howard that is a big man. They are so smart knowing this. It would be no better fit than David Lee from the New York Knicks.

Oden has talent and he is very tall but he is not physical at all and does not like contact. David Lee to Portland will help them and should help them for sure make the playoffs. I do find it hard that the Knicks will give him up. Teams in the nba need guys like the old Josh Howard, David Lee, younger Artest, younger Bowen, and especially big men that plays in the paint.

I see why now the Knicks has some interest because he if a free agent this summer. He is restricted but it is going to be alot of offers in the league for this guy. He plays like in the day of Bird, Magic, Thomas, Laimbeer, Rodman. Not many play this way in the nba anymore. That was also why Josh Howard was so valuable when he played like David Lee. Hey Mark, get on the phone and tell the Knicks about the great superstar in Howard you have or atleast tell them he is a superstar and grab David Lee before Portland does. We have great shooters and i know Lee is only 6'9" but remember the day when Ben Wallace was feared at 6'9" because he was a beast inside. Lee can also play offense. I would not let height stop me because a guy at 6'9" like Lee that is physical makes it hard on a guy that is taller and suppose to be a superstar like Oden. The Knicks usually throw their talent away or let them go and no doubt Camby is tall and good but Camby won't make them any better and how many years does he have left?
--------------------------------------------------

The Portland Trail Blazers' dogged pursuit of David Lee could result in Marcus Camby returning to New York. Knicks president Donnie Walsh denied that he is working on a three-way deal with the Blazers and Clippers, but several team sources confirmed that Walsh and the Knicks' coaching staff have discussed the possibility of adding Camby, who was traded from Denver to the Clippers last July. Portland has been trying for months to acquire Lee, who will become a restricted free agent this summer. Mike D'Antoni would prefer to have the athletic 7-foot Camby as his center as opposed to the 6-9 Lee, who has improved offensively but has struggled on the defensive end.

Pts 14.8 Reb 11.0 Ast 1.9 - 6'9" - 240lbs - 26 years old.

--------------------------------------------------------

He would run circles around Diop and help Dampier. He can start and play forward or center but him in the game with Dampier and Dirk. We would dominate people rebounding as Dampier and Lee are a load in the paint rebounding. Lee can score also. What NY always forgets about is who is going to be the Bowen, Howard, Lee, Artest for that team if they let him go? You get to many Starbury's on your team, it won't work. No one want's to rebound but shoot. We tried it, Finley, Jamison, Nash, Antoine Worldwide Shimmy Shake Superstar Walker and Dirk. Who rebounds and who plays defense and who will get on the floor? Camby will help them in that respect some but he won't be any David Lee at this point and time.

Mark, we are going back to the old Mavs, soft exception Dampier will knock you down and get physical but he is the only one. We need a tough nosed player on this team and one that is not afraid to step in that painted area and one that could score in that painted area. Shopping Josh? Then get on the phone and get David Lee. He will play and you won't have to beg him. He will give Dirk and Terry lot's more shots than they get now also.

GMFFDHT
01-06-2009, 02:52 AM
David Lee is a Beast and a Warrior. He plays with a lot of Heart.
I'm not sure how he would fit in....especially on defense...Damp, Dirk Lee - who guards the fast guys? I doubt that he's fast enough.

dalmations202
01-06-2009, 08:18 AM
David Lee = Eddie Najera

Great guy to have on the team, but ...............

mqywaaah
01-06-2009, 09:09 AM
So, who is Portland giving up?

Dtownsfinest
01-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Yea that's what i'd like to know. Because I look at Portlands roster and they have nothing but young gifted players. If I had to take a guess i'd probably say its Travis Outlaw or some form of package with him.

And I disagree about David Lee being Najera. Lee is a undersized big men. He's more Rodman than he is Najera. Najera just use to fake hustle IMO. And I liked Najera. I wish we had one on this team right now but his game is nothing like Lee's. I think a guy like Lee is what you need at the 4 spot when you have centers like Diop and Damp at the 5. But Dirk's our 4. Its so hard to try to get a grasp what this team needs to improve on because your best player happens to be a great scorer who is more of a finesse player than a bruiser.

MavsFanFinley
01-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Here's the realgm article about it. NY would send Quentin Richardson to the Clippers and David Lee to Portland, the Clippers would send Camby to NY, and Portland would send Channing Frye to NY.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56392/20090105/camby_back_to_new_york_in_three_way_with_portland/

chumdawg
01-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Here's the realgm article about it. NY would send Quentin Richardson to the Clippers and David Lee to Portland, the Clippers would send Camby to NY, and Portland would send Channing Frye to NY.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56392/20090105/camby_back_to_new_york_in_three_way_with_portland/The Clips are gonna send Camby for Richardson?

There's gotta be more to it than that.

Hitman
01-06-2009, 11:52 PM
I love David Lee.

mac222b
01-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Clippers must be getting something else. Bayless, Frye? Salaries have to match too.

MavsFanFinley
01-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Well the trade works like it's mentioned in the article. I would assume if no other players are involved then cash and picks are.

Dtownsfinest
01-08-2009, 11:40 PM

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56392/20090105/camby_back_to_new_york_in_three_way_with_portland/

This has to be some sort of joke lol. Camby would go back to his former team the Knicks? Frye will also return to the Knicks? Richardson would return back to LA lol? Its just funny the article has everyone returning to their previous teams lol. Why did they get rid of those guys to begin with anyway?

twistaeffect2004
01-09-2009, 12:07 AM
David Lee = Eddie Najera

Great guy to have on the team, but ...............

That's short selling Lee.

Dude's averaging 14 and 11. He deserves more credit than that.

fluid.forty.one
01-09-2009, 12:12 AM
There's no way Portland is making a trade. You guys think Mark and Donnie "like their team"? You have no idea.

dalmations202
01-09-2009, 05:46 AM
That's short selling Lee.

Dude's averaging 14 and 11. He deserves more credit than that.

OK, Lee is probably slightly better than Najera.

Lee plays lots more minutes, is in a run and gun style now, and is expected to carry some of the scoring load because the NYK doesn't have a Dirk.

With that said, I may have not given him quite enough credit - but he is still a 6'8-6'9" Hustle player who will never be a superstar, but is always great to have around. Just like I think Eddie was before all the injuries.

I didn't mean to demean Lee, but I just don't see him as a great difference maker.

ty
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
The David Lee that fouled Dirk with 41 seconds left in the game last night?