PDA

View Full Version : Miller/Salmons to Chicago for Nocioni/Gooden

MavsFanFinley
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/02/18/bulls.kings.trade/index.html

The Kings agreed on Wednesday to a trade that sends forward John Salmons and center Brad Miller to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for forwards Drew Gooden and Andres Nocioni, according to league sources. The deal will reduce Sacramento's obligations next season, saving the Kings millions on the salary cap and keeping them well under any potential luxury tax payments. Gooden, making $7.15 million this season, will likely come off the team's cap after this year, and now, the team is free of the $5.4 million due to Salmons in 2009 and the $12 million due to Miller in '09.

stewartj
02-18-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't see what Salmons does for Chicago. They already have a half dozen two guards. Also, it seems like we could have offered something better than Nocioni for Miller and Salmons. Even just Stack and Damp would represent more of a financial savings than Nocioni and Gooden.

MX425
02-18-2009, 03:50 PM
I don't see why Chicago makes this trade. Isn't thier backcourt enough of a mess already?

jthig32
02-18-2009, 03:52 PM
I honestly don't see why either team made this trade.

grndmstr_c
02-18-2009, 03:52 PM
This is the first thing that's happened that I'm upset about. Or, at least I'm ready to get upset about it if the Mavs don't pull off something better than Salmons. IMO Dallas could've beaten Chicago's offer still gotten a deal that would help the team.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-18-2009, 03:54 PM
^Nothing the Mavs FO does these days surprises me...

This trade does seem odd though.

Underdog
02-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm not losing any sleep over this...

MavsFanFinley
02-18-2009, 03:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3916703

The Chicago Bulls and Sacramento Kings have reached tentative agreement on a trade sending Andres Nocioni, Drew Gooden and Cedric Simmons to the Kings for Brad Miller and John Salmons, ESPN.com.

One source said the Bulls players were pulled off the team bus Wednesday afternoon and were told they had been traded.

Michael Ruffin of the Bulls also was told be was being traded to Portland in a separate deal, the source added.

Another source said the trade was expected to be finalized by Wednesday evening.

Dirkenstien
02-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Well, looks like the Salmons to Dallas rumors aren't happening.

There are only so many quality players left to trade for and two other talent hungry teams have better trade assets than we do (Portland and Cleveland).

I think we stand pat this trade deadline. Bummer.

DelNegro
02-18-2009, 04:05 PM
The Kings save a bunch of money and get a player they can actually use in the future in Nocioni. The Bulls get a center (Noah alone wasn't enough) and some insurance against Ben Gordon holding them hostage as a free agent this offseason.

Underdog
02-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Frankly, I'm glad we didn't acquire Salmons...

I made salmon cakes a week ago and the recipe called for canned salmon... I thought it would be like canned tuna, but it's actually just a gutted fish with the head & tail hacked off, folded in half, then shoved into a can with some oil - it ends up being a bony, fleshy, fishy mess... It took me 30 minutes to pick all the scales and vertebrae out of it (I would have been a lot better off buying fresh salmon - it's not like canned is much cheaper...)

Anyway - I thought about that nasty canned salmon every time someone mentioned Salmons' name the past few days...

I'm glad he's not coming here - I can finally shake that image from my mind...

EDIT: despite the ordeal of having to clean the canned salmon, the salmon cakes actually turned out pretty good! (it was my first time making them...)

jthig32
02-18-2009, 04:12 PM
The Kings save a bunch of money and get a player they can actually use in the future in Nocioni. The Bulls get a center (Noah alone wasn't enough) and some insurance against Ben Gordon holding them hostage as a free agent this offseason.

They save money next season. This actually costs them more salary total.

bobatundi
02-18-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't see why Chicago makes this trade. Isn't thier backcourt enough of a mess already?

I thought the same thing.

Maybe they're getting ready to move someone out of their backcourt.

Gordon & Hunter for Stackhouse works.

Dirkenstien
02-18-2009, 04:13 PM

I made salmon cakes a week ago and the recipe called for canned salmon... I thought it would be like canned tuna, but it's actually just a gutted fish with the head & tail hacked off, folded in half, then shoved into a can with some oil - it ends up being a bony, fleshy, fishy mess... It took me 30 minutes to pick all the scales and vertebrae out of it (I would have been a lot better off buying fresh salmon - it's not like canned is much cheaper...)

Anyway - I thought about that nasty canned salmon every time someone mentioned Salmons' name the past few days...

True.

Plus, why go after Salmons when you already got Bass?

bobatundi
02-18-2009, 04:16 PM
True.

Maybe you should ask Fish.

quietsavant
I thought the same thing.

Maybe they're getting ready to move someone out of their backcourt.

Gordon & Hunter for Stackhouse works.

False Hope = 10 years of trust invested in Donnie

http://www.falsehope.com/

DelNegro
They save money next season. This actually costs them more salary total.

You're correct. I should have said cap space. This deal, plus the Kings declining their team option on Mikki Moore and Shareef Abdur-Rahim getting taken off their cap because of career ending injury actually means the Kings will have some cap space they could use this offseason.

chumdawg
02-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Obviously we have something bigger and better up our sleeves!

Underdog
02-18-2009, 04:19 PM

Maybe you should ask Fish.

You guys kill me...

(like Cuban kills my dreams...)

Dirkenstien
02-18-2009, 04:19 PM

Oh absolutely.

It's called "We like our team!"

Underdog
02-18-2009, 04:20 PM

Hopefully we have something bigger up our pants too (because that's what seems to be lacking right now!)

DevinHarriswillstart
02-18-2009, 04:24 PM
You guys kill me...

(like Cuban kills my dreams...)

After nothing inevitably happens tomorrow, I'm going to email Cuban and ask him exactly what Donnie does.

Since July 1, the FO has managed to sign Diop (Epic Fail), GG (doesn't play), trade for Shawne Williams (doesn't play), and then trade Diop for Carroll who sucks and also has a bad contract and Hollins who basically doesn't play.

quietsavant
02-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Hopefully we have something bigger up our pants too (because that's what seems to be lacking right now!)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Underdog again.

TheMaverick
02-18-2009, 04:38 PM
sucks for us.

MaVs 41 BaLler
02-18-2009, 04:39 PM
John Salmons traded. FML
F*** MY LIFE

MavsFanFinley
02-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Here's more to the trade.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57362/20090218/blazers_to_acquire_ruffin_for_diogu/

After receiving Michael Ruffin in the John Salmons, Brad Miller trade with Chicago, the Kings will flip him to Portland in exchange for Ike Diogu and approximately $1 million in cash.

dissentkid
02-18-2009, 04:57 PM

EDIT: despite the ordeal of having to clean the canned salmon, the salmon cakes actually turned out pretty good! (it was my first time making them...)

hmmmm, I'm trying to guess the trade value of those salmoncakes...
do you think they wouldve brought us Carter? or maybe even shaq?? :D

MaVs 41 BaLler
02-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Well in that case I really like that shaqcake i made last week.

Windmill360
02-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Sac and Chi do this deal to spite the mavs.

Fidel
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
This must be one of the UGLIEST trades ever.