PDA

View Full Version : Devin Harris' game winner the CRAZIEST EVER

DubOverdose
02-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Watch ESPN. That's all I can say. Words cannot describe what my eyes just saw. It will be known as one of the greatest shots in NBA history, no question about it.

SchumiWDC
02-23-2009, 10:22 PM
I am seriously curious to see it right now!

mavErika
02-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Wow, this thread came instantly!
In opposite to the call, whether the ultimate 40-foot buzzer beater was released in time. It was!

DubOverdose
02-23-2009, 10:25 PM
There was a BS foul call on Devin with 1.8s left that sent Iggy to the line- Sixers went up 1. Inbound the ball to Devin, he runs up the court, fouled without a call. He temporarily lost the ball, got it back, flung it from behind half court. SWOOSH. Refs review it and the first frame the ball is out of his hands, the light is on and the time has run out. Basket counts, Nets win. My description in no way does the shot justice.

SchumiWDC
02-23-2009, 10:27 PM
What a freak.

MavsFanFinley
02-23-2009, 11:24 PM
That was incredible.

Words cannot do that shot justice. Have to see it to believe it.

Re-Dirk-ulous
02-23-2009, 11:27 PM
FLOCKING POST A LINK!!! :mad:

MavsFanFinley
02-23-2009, 11:29 PM
It's up on youtube already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0afz7lz7KGM

Re-Dirk-ulous
02-23-2009, 11:38 PM
It's up on youtube already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0afz7lz7KGM

I appreciate it my brotha

fluid.forty.one
02-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Kidd could have made that with his hands tied behind his back.

dujon
02-23-2009, 11:40 PM
that's a travel...

GuerillaBlack
02-23-2009, 11:41 PM
No it's not.

Re-Dirk-ulous
02-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Kidd could have made that with his hands tied behind his back.

and blindfolded

alby
02-24-2009, 12:09 AM
even the sun shines on a dog's ass sometimes

Fidel
02-24-2009, 12:17 AM
He also had 39 and 8 (ast) in the game.

BGMaverick9
02-24-2009, 12:20 AM
It's a pretty dang good shot...but come on now...

LonghornDub
02-24-2009, 12:47 AM
It's a pretty dang good shot...but come on now...

This. Fantastic shot, but nowhere near one of the "greatest shots ever."

BGMaverick9
02-24-2009, 12:50 AM
It's a pretty good shot, but it's a lucky shot too.
It just so happens to Devin and it's just another example of how the world has ended in Dallas and Jason Kidd sucks...yawn

Flacolaco
02-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Pathetic how he tried to buy a call before getting the lucky ass desperation heave up in the air.

antoinewalker
02-24-2009, 01:29 AM
LOL, what a shot.

mark cuban is mad.

Dtownsfinest
02-24-2009, 02:02 AM
The greatest shot i've ever seen. Amazing. How the hell did he even get that off?

Dtownsfinest
02-24-2009, 02:05 AM
Pathetic how he tried to buy a call before getting the lucky ass desperation heave up in the air.

From the replay whoever is guarding him fouled him. Got him right on the arm/hand.

DubOverdose
02-24-2009, 07:04 AM

He WAS fouled. If you had watched the game, you would have seen the pathetic call Iggy got right before that. The game should have gone to OT, but Iggy went to the line and then Devin had the crazy shot.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-24-2009, 07:35 AM
That was pretty incredible.

Dirkenstien
02-24-2009, 09:20 AM
That was neat. Congrats on the game winner, Devin.

Underdog
02-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Why didn't Devin ever play like this in a Mavs uniform?

Dirkenstien
02-24-2009, 09:34 AM

Two words. Avery Johnson.

Even Dirk has admitted this much. Teams should avoid Avery like the plague.

nikeball
02-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Nice shot Devin!

Fidel
02-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Pathetic is how some people are trying to redicule and play down everything Harris does. Hes no superstar but Id definitly take him over an old, nonscoring Jason Kidd.

It is a great shot.Hes fouled and still has the mental awereness to grab the ball again and heave a prayer. Sure its a lucky shot. Whats so amazing about it is the way he grabs the ball again and gets off the shot in time.

nikeball
02-24-2009, 10:57 AM

Well..I think 90% of the players in the NBA would try to sell the foul. The percentages of making that shot are so low..and in the current state of the NBA..flopping wins games.

dalmations202
02-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Two words. Avery Johnson.

Even Dirk has admitted this much. Teams should avoid Avery like the plague.

I totally disagree. Avery in Orlando or Houston or LAC right now would be kicking butt.

He knows the style he wants. Dallas just didn't have the exact players needed to play his style.

Avery was the killer to Devins game though.

Tokey41
02-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Why can't Kidd do that? We got ripped.

MavsX
02-24-2009, 12:22 PM
bad ass man. Good for him. I am proud of that kid. I wish he was a mav though...

Dtownsfinest
02-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I totally disagree. Avery in Orlando or Houston or LAC right now would be kicking butt.

He knows the style he wants. Dallas just didn't have the exact players needed to play his style.

I agree. I don't think Avery is a bad coach. Quite the opposite actually. I think his downfall was trying to make this Mavs team the Spurs and we didn't have the personnel for it. But send him to a team where the point guard is past 1st and they have a solid big man and they'll be a playoff contender. Like Orlando and Houston as you brought up. I'd love to see what he'd do with the Rockets.

Dirkenstien
02-24-2009, 01:00 PM

You really think Avery could do a better job than what Stan Van Gundy is doing in Orlando? Adelman is doing all he can in Houston with the pieces he has...look at what he did at the end of last season without McGrady. And putting Avery in charge of Baron Davis and Eric Gordon isn't a good idea. Baron excels in the break and with Avery he would have to be looking to the sideline every single play. Avery is best suited as an assistant coach. His act gets tiresome and players don't respond after a while. Maybe he should coach college bball.

Dirkenstien
02-24-2009, 01:04 PM
I agree. I don't think Avery is a bad coach. Quite the opposite actually. I think his downfall was trying to make this Mavs team the Spurs and we didn't have the personnel for it. But send him to a team where the point guard is past 1st and they have a solid big man and they'll be a playoff contender. Like Orlando and Houston as you brought up. I'd love to see what he'd do with the Rockets.

Avery built that team so if we didn't have the right personnel than that's his fault for not constructing the right kind of team to do what he wanted to do.

Send him to a team where the point guard is pass first? You mean a point guard like Jason Kidd??

MavericksFan5912
02-24-2009, 04:44 PM

Because Avery Johnson can't recognize talent and has short-man syndrome. He must have folded his arms in front of his chest like 80% of the time he was coaching.

AxdemxO
02-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Are some of you serious??? Greatest shit ever???? Just to name one thats not even that great...Sheeds shot a year or two ago was better.

92bDad
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I wonder if Devin would have won thag game of horse if he had pulled this shot out back then, rather than getting beat by some guy off the street!!!

antoinewalker
02-24-2009, 06:33 PM
devin harris flopped all the time when he was playing for us and i didn't see anyone complain then.

DubOverdose
02-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Are some of you serious??? Greatest shit ever???? Just to name one thats not even that great...Sheeds shot a year or two ago was better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orRWbos73rA

That? That's a long shot, but Devin was fouled, lost the ball, and flung it off his fingers for a swoosh the last split second possible to win.

AxdemxO
02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orRWbos73rA

That? That's a long shot, but Devin was fouled, lost the ball, and flung it off his fingers for a swoosh the last split second possible to win.

There was no foul called there soo idk what you are talking about and in that situation and in that part of the court no one would get any call there unless he got basically slammed. It was a great shot, but your wayy exaggerating to say that it was one of the greatest ever

horse900703
02-24-2009, 09:34 PM
AMAZING~

mqywaaah
02-26-2009, 01:53 AM
and blindfolded

and ankles tied.

ghazi
02-26-2009, 02:12 AM
I don't find shots like these impressive because they're luck oriented.

TheMaverick
02-26-2009, 02:31 AM
^ nail on the coffin.

Dtownsfinest
02-26-2009, 03:04 AM
Avery built that team so if we didn't have the right personnel than that's his fault for not constructing the right kind of team to do what he wanted to do.

Send him to a team where the point guard is pass first? You mean a point guard like Jason Kidd??

Avery built the team? The whole damn team was Nellie's players with a few exceptions that don't even matter. And I don't mean a point guard like Kidd who needs athletes around him to be at his best. I mean a guy like....Avery himself. I think that's the type of point guard Avery wanted all along. He tried to mold Devin into him and he couldn't. And he didn't stand a chance when the trade for Kidd came since his legacy is already defined.

And let's be honest. There are two people in charge of the personnel of the Mavs and that's little Nellie and Cuban.

Dtownsfinest
02-26-2009, 03:08 AM
There was no foul called there soo idk what you are talking about and in that situation and in that part of the court no one would get any call there unless he got basically slammed. It was a great shot, but your wayy exaggerating to say that it was one of the greatest ever

I think your misunderstanding what Dub is saying. The Sheed shot doesn't compare for the fact that Devin did get fouled. No foul was called but the defender clearly fouls him on the arm. If you've seen better shots then i'd like for you to name them so I can youtube them. Its one thing to make a halfcourt shot. Its another to make a game winning half court shot after you were fouled.

Dirkenstien
02-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Avery built the team? The whole damn team was Nellie's players with a few exceptions that don't even matter. And I don't mean a point guard like Kidd who needs athletes around him to be at his best. I mean a guy like....Avery himself. I think that's the type of point guard Avery wanted all along. He tried to mold Devin into him and he couldn't. And he didn't stand a chance when the trade for Kidd came since his legacy is already defined.

And let's be honest. There are two people in charge of the personnel of the Mavs and that's little Nellie and Cuban.

Yea, Avery tried to mold Devin Harris into Avery, he tried to mold Dirk into Duncan and he tried to mold the whole freeking team into San Antonio part 2. He also tried to mold Kidd into nothing more than a spot up shooter.

He just isn't a good coach. Maybe if he had the perfect team he would be but wouldn't any coach in that sense?

Dtownsfinest
02-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Yea, Avery tried to mold Devin Harris into Avery, he tried to mold Dirk into Duncan and he tried to mold the whole freeking team into San Antonio part 2. He also tried to mold Kidd into nothing more than a spot up shooter.

He just isn't a good coach. Maybe if he had the perfect team he would be but wouldn't any coach in that sense?

That's the approach I think you have to take though in order to get a championship. Other teams have followed the Spurs blueprint to success and its worked for the Pistons and Celtics. So I disagree with you about the above being bad coaching decisions. The problem above is personnel. Would you give Don Nelson Shaq, David West, James Posey, Danny Granger and RAymond Felton as a starting lineup knowing his at his best coaching a run and gun team?

lalaland
02-27-2009, 02:40 PM
You really think Avery could do a better job than what Stan Van Gundy is doing in Orlando? Adelman is doing all he can in Houston with the pieces he has...look at what he did at the end of last season without McGrady. And putting Avery in charge of Baron Davis and Eric Gordon isn't a good idea. Baron excels in the break and with Avery he would have to be looking to the sideline every single play. Avery is best suited as an assistant coach. His act gets tiresome and players don't respond after a while. Maybe he should coach college bball.

Rockets didnt have Yao at the end of last season you moron

twistaeffect2004
02-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Rockets didnt have Yao at the end of last season you moron

Why so serious?