PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons take on the State of the NBA

MavericksFan5912
02-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I've always liked reading Bill Simmons' stuff, he does a good job of mixing entertaining writing with knowledge and passion for sports. He's obviously a basketball fan more so than any other sport so his opinion on the state of the NBA is both an interesting and entertaining read. Check it out:

He predicts that the NBA will see a lockout season in 2011.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090227

jthig32
02-28-2009, 02:40 PM
I meant to post this Friday and forgot all about it.

Really interesting article. I'm eagerly anticipating his NBA book.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Ha, I just now finished reading it.

Wow, what a great article, especially the bad officiating. It does seem even worse after the Donaghy thing which must take a certain kind of special to pull off.

"The NBA: Where Amazingly Bad Officiating Happens"

Awesome...

fluid.forty.one
02-28-2009, 09:19 PM
"(And by the way, nobody loves basketball more than me. I mean, NOBODY. But when an NBA player with two years remaining on his contract for a total of $44 million shows up for the season out of shape, complains most of the year, lets down his teammates and fans again and again, lands in some trade rumors and decides, "Instead of getting traded to a team I don't like, I'm going to announce that I'm getting microfracture surgery four days before the trade deadline and kill any potential trade, and even better, I'll be healed by next spring, just in time to showcase myself for another contract," and successfully pulls this off -- with no repercussions from anybody -- then yes, the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Because that was disgusting. Tracy McGrady, you are officially indefensible for the rest of eternity. Even your cousin Vince wouldn't have done that. And that's saying something.)"

this part made me lol

Wonderful article all the way through. Thanks for sharing.

Underdog
02-28-2009, 10:02 PM
An NBA lockout would not improve Dirk's chances of winning a ring (with any team...)