PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Manu Ginobli Done for Season and Playoffs

twistaeffect2004
04-06-2009, 06:58 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/04/manu-to-miss-re.html

"The stiffness Spurs guard Manu Ginobili felt in his right ankle during Sunday's game against the Cleveland Cavaliers turned out to portend the worst possible news for the star guard and the Spurs: A stress fracture that will cost him the remainder of the season, and the playoffs.

Ginobili had returned to game action March 25 in Atlanta after missing 19 games with a stress reaction in his right distal fibula. Sunday's game was his sixth since returning to the lineup, and followed three games in which he had totaled 50 points. After scoring 16 in a victory in Indianapolis on Friday, Ginobili had reported that he felt "super."

When the ankle stiffened Sunday, he sought advice from the team's athletic training and conditioning staff, and was sent back to San Antonio for a CT scan and MRI. The results of tests conducted Monday morning showed the stress fracture, and the determination that the team's starting shooting guard would miss the remainder of the season."

ghazi
04-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Sad news :(

TheMaverick
04-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Spurs are done. this makes it easier for the Lakers. F San Antonio

Robillion
04-06-2009, 08:50 PM
I feel bad for being happy about this... wait.. nah I dont. Lets get that Spurs match up!

LonghornDub
04-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I just did a little celebratory dance.

chumdawg
04-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Soft!

DevinHarriswillstart
04-06-2009, 09:29 PM
News like this just makes me worried about Howard.

He is pretty much a bad ankle twist away from being in the same boat.

Flacolaco
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
They weren't going to beat the Lakers anyway. No one will.

This just gives the Spurs an excuse on which they can hang their gay looking hats.

fluid.forty.one
04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Tony Parker would have to average 50ppg against the Lakers to even come close.

craggmac
04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
man, poor Balki.

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/balki2.jpg

mavs777
04-07-2009, 03:39 AM
They weren't going to beat the Lakers anyway. No one will.

This just gives the Spurs an excuse on which they can hang their gay looking hats.

Houston can

MX425
04-07-2009, 08:45 AM
I have only liked Manu for about 15 seconds in my life. The 15 seconds after he fouled Dirk for that layup in 06. Him and Howard aren't in the same boat. Manu has ben playing basketball almost year round for about 5 years and was told not to play in the Olympics, he did anyway, hurt himself and now his boady is breaking down. This is the end of Manu Ginobli being anything other then a decent player about 7th on a teams rotation.

left texas
04-07-2009, 09:57 AM
I hate to see any player injured. Winning is about your best players beating another teams best players. This will definately hinder the Spurs chances in the playoffs, but injuries are a part of the game.

MavsFanFinley
04-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Tough news for SA. They were not going to beat the Lakers anyway.

It'll be interesting to see if they rest Duncan now with his two gimpy knees or go down fighting with what they have.

The only positive and it's stretching looking for one is that it's better that he's out instead of playing injured like last season. I thought he did more harm than good by playing and forcing things injured last season.

horse900703
04-07-2009, 10:40 AM
They cant win this year~
but it might be good for us, if we play them in the 1st round!

mmmfast
04-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Sucks for them but I have zero sympathy.
Bye Bye Manu and Bye Bye Spurs.

SMC0007
04-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Tough news for SA. They were not going to beat the Lakers anyway.

It'll be interesting to see if they rest Duncan now with his two gimpy knees or go down fighting with what they have.

The only positive and it's stretching looking for one is that it's better that he's out instead of playing injured like last season. I thought he did more harm than good by playing and forcing things injured last season.

\
1) They weren't gonna beat the MAvs either.

2) No one is looking for a positive!!! Spurs~F em!

Dtownsfinest
04-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Not sure how this bodes for the Mavs if we face them in the 1st round. I seem to remember them getting their asses handed to them when Ginobilli and Duncan were out lol. I almost would rather face a Spurs team with Ginobilli on the court. Seems like he always does something to benefit the Mavs.

MavsFanFinley
04-08-2009, 10:18 AM
The difference between last year and this year is that the Spurs have Mason. He's no Ginobli but he's proven again and again that he can hit clutch shots in big games.

Dtownsfinest
04-08-2009, 10:32 AM
The difference between last year and this year is that the Spurs have Mason. He's no Ginobli but he's proven again and again that he can hit clutch shots in big games.

Yea and i'd throw Bonner and Gooden into that mix to. Ginobilli's scoring won't be missed. I think they can overcome that especially with Parker's inside outside ability. But one thing they're going to miss is Ginobilli's driving. Parker can make up for it but i'm not sure if that will be enough. They're vets though. I expect the Spurs to go as far as they would had Manu been there to be honest.