PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Beer

madape
04-12-2001, 02:07 PM
I'm a big fan of cheap beer... especially after I've drank about 8 good beers.

Here is a list of my top 10 cheap beers .

10.Meister Brau
9. Pabst
8. Miller High Life
7. Schlitz
6. Natural Light
5. Busch
4. Hamm's
3. Lone Star
2. Stroh's
1. Old Milwalkee

Did I forget any?

Evilmav2
04-12-2001, 02:20 PM
Hahahahhahahaha... You must have seen that I returned Ape. This kind of discussion is right up my alley. I don't know if I can keep this list to 10, but I'm going to have to try...

1. Lone Star
2. "America's Original Fire Brewed Beer" Stroh's
3. I head for the mountains of Busch Beer! (Even though it cost slightly more than some of these other beers)
4. Stirling
5. Natural Light
6. Shaeffers
7. Schlitz (You have to give respect to the Bull)
8. Pearl (another Texas favorite I can't get up here without a special order)
9. Weidemans
10. Heileman's "Olde Style"

Big Boy Laroux
04-12-2001, 02:29 PM
ah, good ol' natty light. easy to drink, cause it's basically water. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

have to add milwaukee's best to that. unleash the beast!

LonestarROB
04-12-2001, 04:40 PM
Is Lone Star beer still around? I actually have the original Lone Star Brewery sign from the original Lone Star Brewery plant. My Grandpa used to work there.

Evilmav2
04-12-2001, 06:56 PM
I specially order cases of Lone Star longnecks up here in Indiana. It costs a little bit more than it would back home, but it is worth it. I also have a vintage 1950's Lone Star sign that I payed a pretty penny for on e-bay. It hangs proudly with the Texas flag and a bunch of Texas sports memorabilia behind my bar here in Bloomington...

Flying Tiger
04-12-2001, 06:59 PM
I prefer a nice, cold IBC myself seeing as though I'm not quite of leagal age.

madape
04-13-2001, 03:38 PM
I'm not a big fan of the beast. There are much better alternatives. Pick up some Old Milwalkee if you haven't had it in a while, its great!

Strohs used to be my favorite until Miller bought them out and stopped shipping them in bottles. They just don't taste the same out of a can.

EvilMav- I don't think we get Stirling, Weidemans or Heilemans here in Dallas. But if you say they are good, I'll have to keep my eyes out for them.

Evilmav2
04-13-2001, 03:53 PM
You can get Heilemans Olde Style in Big D... It's also the official beer of the Cubs at Wrigley field. I downed quite a few of them two weeks ago when me and some of my buddies took a road trip to Chicago... Stirling tastes just like the love of my life (Lone Star beer), and Wiedeman's is a surprisingly full tasting American Lager (It is kind of an "old man beer", they sell it at the VFW in Jasper Indiana for 50 cents a can- there is nothing better than BSing and smoking cigars with a bunch of old guys who hate Democrats, and who know everything there is to know about Indiana BBall (I used to go there when I saw a girl down there)...

madape
04-13-2001, 06:00 PM
Hah! That reminds me of a time I bought a 12 pack of Hamm's from this 60 year old man. He said "Hamm's! Wow, I haven't had a Hamm's since Ali fought Frazier".

Evilmav2
04-14-2001, 03:04 AM
---

madape
04-14-2001, 02:15 PM
Girls ususally want no part of the Beast. The fact that your girl was willing to drink it convinces me that she must have really wanted to get to know you better.

Evilmav2
04-14-2001, 03:14 PM
http://www.anheuser-busch.com/images/busch4Csm.gif

madape
04-15-2001, 12:26 PM
Awesome. You are going to have to live up to your Indiana experiences when you come back to Dallas. SMU will be out of session by the time you arrive, but I bet you could find some high-schoolers on break looking for some free booze.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Big Boy Laroux
04-16-2001, 09:32 AM
I think i speak for the rest of us when i say that you guys are DIRTY! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

madape
04-18-2001, 09:09 AM
Cheers to that Laroux!
http://static.epinions.com/images/ext/fddk/366/fddkBeersBy_NameMeister_Brau.gif

Evilmav2
04-18-2001, 03:39 PM

Evilmav2
04-19-2001, 02:37 AM
I am a very drunk man

madape
04-19-2001, 10:38 AM
Marriage? Say it ain't so! But hey, as long as she doesn't make you stop drinking its cool. Maybe you can convince her to come to Dallas this summer and try some Lone Star. I bet if she tries it, she won't want to go back to Indiana.

Evilmav2
04-19-2001, 12:41 PM

u2sarajevo
06-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Evilmav.... I was browsing old posts and saw this one. Whatever happened to the girl? Did it last?

Novice#41
06-20-2003, 02:33 PM
i had the pleasure (please correct me !!!!) in march03 to try that damn 'lone star' i/expressions/beer.gif...

all i can say is - I DON'T LIKE IT !!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

http://www.flippitchcast.com/images/lonestar.jpg

you definitely have to come to germany to know how a great beer tasts i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif...

btw - i'm not interested to hear the story about this girl !!!
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ps. u2sarajevo, are you really that bored that you came up with such old threads ?!?!?!? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Drbio
06-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Black Label

Usually Lurkin
06-20-2003, 03:15 PM
Lucky Lager. There's a puzzle under every cap.

u2sarajevo
06-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by: Novice#41
i had the pleasure (please correct me !!!!) in march03 to try that damn 'lone star' i/expressions/beer.gif...

all i can say is - I DON'T LIKE IT !!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

http://www.flippitchcast.com/images/lonestar.jpg

you definitely have to come to germany to know how a great beer tasts i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif...

btw - i'm not interested to hear the story about this girl !!!
i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

ps. u2sarajevo, are you really that bored that you came up with such old threads ?!?!?!? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Well it was lunchtime Novice and the board was slow. I agree with you that Lone Star is not good, they used to have the best commercials with the Armadillo's. Pabst is a better beer than Lone Star but not that good. You want to try an excellent Texas beer? Shiner Bock would be the answer (although it was alot better before Miller got involved). The best ever Texas beer I've had is Celis Pale Bock, but it is no longer around (at least I can't find it). But neither Shiner NOR Celis were considered "cheap beers".

u2sarajevo
06-23-2003, 01:37 PM
Bump. Evilmav, I am still awaiting to hear what happened to this girl on this thread. Did it go anywhere? (see my first post on this thread above).

Evilmav2
06-23-2003, 02:57 PM
-Edited in the interests of propriety-

u2sarajevo
06-23-2003, 02:58 PM
??????

Evilmav2
06-23-2003, 03:08 PM
That is all quite old history my friend... Nothing that needs to be discussed in depth on a public forum (a fact that my alchohol besotted mind should have known better two years ago)....

grbh
06-23-2003, 03:10 PM
When I was in college a brewery test marketing a beer in Virginia called Colders. It was targeted at the college market and the drinkers of Natty Light, the Beast, etc. It was about $10 a case, and price wise fell in line with the other brands. Unfortunately it was horrible and nobody drank it. After a couple months, the brewery decided to abandon ship. The local beer store was then stuck with a ton of this stuff.

So they put it on sale. For two months you could by a case of Colder's beer for $5 a case.

The kicker was if you returned the bottles you would get $2.40 back.

Evilmav2
06-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Although I will say that the classic American lager, Sterling Beer is a Damned fine product...

http://www.bamchicago.com/shop/media/sterlingsign.jpg

southern_sweets
06-23-2003, 03:33 PM
When I lived in Washington state this was the cheap beer of choice.
http://www.rainierbrewing.com/images/banner1.jpg

Evilmav2
06-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Rainier is a fine, fine product... Residents of the Pacific Northwest are lucky to have such a crisp, great tasting, cheap beer brewed in their own backyard (I know, because I used to be able to get it in Indiana as well)...

David
06-23-2003, 06:37 PM
I remember, back in the day, you could get a 12 pack of Pabst (PBRs we called 'em) for $2.75. I'd ice 'em down in my, official, 12 pack cooler and take 'em out with me. All the guys who were drinking Bud, Michelob and Coors would turn their noses up. It was my dirty little secret. Pabst is not a bad beer. Of course the next day, no one would want to go near the can if I had just been in there. F 'em. Ya gotta pay the price.

The Crippler
06-24-2003, 02:07 AM
The BUD makes me WISER...