PDA

View Full Version : Kmart to rockets

quietsavant
02-18-2010, 01:28 AM
The Houston Rockets, in an abrupt late twist to their long-running efforts to trade Tracy McGrady, have reached an agreement in principal with the Sacramento Kings to acquire coveted guard Kevin Martin, ESPN.com has learned.

Martin was pulled from the second half of the Kings' game Wednesday night at Golden State in anticipation of the trade, sources said.

Although the details of the complete construction of the trade could not immediately be confirmed, sources said that it's possible that the deal could be expanded into a three-way trade that lands Rockets guard Tracy McGrady with the New York Knicks before Thursday's 3 p.m. trading deadline.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that McGrady will either end up with the Kings or the Knicks by the deadline to bring Martin to Houston after Sacramento refused trade interest in the high-scoring guard for weeks.

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4923777

Ironically the rockets will end up trading an old injury prone Sg for a young injury prone SG.

twelli
02-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Kmart would be Kenyon Martin, not?

Windmill360
02-18-2010, 01:40 AM
since when has Kenyon been relevant to keep that nickname?

I still like our trade better with Haywood. So far Martin hasn't proven he can be consistent since his return from the injury. Watch out for them if he and Yao ever get healthy though (LOL).

Rockets are a huge offensive threat with their lineup as it stands.

quietsavant
02-18-2010, 01:44 AM
since when has Kenyon been relevant to keep that nickname?

I still like our trade better with Haywood. So far Martin hasn't proven he can be consistent since his return from the injury. Watch out for them if he and Yao ever get healthy though (LOL).
Brooks and Kmart is a very inept back court, lots of speed and great shooting pair, though i tend to think martin is a volume shooter though. Great trade for them though, they just pulled off their version of our stackhouse trade. something for nothing

twistaeffect2004
02-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Brooks and Kmart is a very inept back court, lots of speed and great shooting pair, though i tend to think martin is a volume shooter though. Great trade for them though, they just pulled off their version of our stackhouse trade. something for nothing

I wouldn't say that. Landy is a very underrated player, and he will be getting starters minutes in Sac. I'm willing to bet he puts up really nice numbers.

DOMINATOR
02-18-2010, 01:54 AM
NOOOOO. Landry. Mr. Hustle. Mr. Heart.
:(
i dont know. i mean martin is injury prone as much as yao/tmac. lazy defense but he is great in adelman's system.
landry can drop 20 any night and is very cheap.
guess it's alright for both sides... hopefully rockets pursue landry after next season.

quietsavant
02-18-2010, 01:54 AM
I wouldn't say that. Landy is a very underrated player, and he will be getting starters minutes in Sac. I'm willing to bet he puts up really nice numbers.

twista is landry part of the deal? can you update me with details?

quietsavant
02-18-2010, 01:57 AM
just saw it

Based on @WojYahooNBA's report that Sac is taking on Landry, the Kings would have about $15.9M under the cap if they pick up his option. 22 minutes ago.

DOMINATOR
02-18-2010, 01:58 AM
twista is landry part of the deal? can you update me with details?

tmac, landry, dorsey for martin, Sergio Rodriguez, Hilton Armstrong and Kenny Thomas

quietsavant
02-18-2010, 02:01 AM
tmac, landry, dorsey for martin, Sergio Rodriguez, Hilton Armstrong and Kenny Thomas

I'm very relieved that swap for kmart-ray allen didn't pick up weight. I would hate to see the celtics and ainge get praise for another "great" swap

Dtownsfinest
02-18-2010, 02:29 AM
The Houston Rockets, in an abrupt late twist to their long-running efforts to trade Tracy McLady, have reached an agreement in principal with the Sacramento Kings to acquire coveted guard Kevin Martin, ESPN.com has learned.

Martin was pulled from the second half of the Kings' game Wednesday night at Golden State in anticipation of the trade, sources said.

Although the details of the complete construction of the trade could not immediately be confirmed, sources said that it's possible that the deal could be expanded into a three-way trade that lands Rockets guard Tracy McLady with the New York Knicks before Thursday's 3 p.m. trading deadline.

One source with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that McLady will either end up with the Kings or the Knicks by the deadline to bring Martin to Houston after Sacramento refused trade interest in the high-scoring guard for weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4923777

DOMINATOR
02-18-2010, 01:32 PM
like the 3 way trade more than the first rumored one.
getting hill and 2012 1st round pick. (swap 2011) and good 2 guard seems worth giving up landry.

GuerillaBlack
02-18-2010, 01:51 PM
And about the picks the Knicks are giving to the Rockets (from Chad Ford):

chadfordinsider Correction: Knicks pick in 2011 is Top 1 protected. In 2012 the Knicks pick is Top 5 protected

That is great dealing by Morey. Very limited protection.

DirkFTW
02-18-2010, 02:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4923777

http://www.danielsjourney.com/blog/files/2007/12/fry-see-what-you-did-there-scaled.jpg

sefant77
02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Merge with the other thread pls

GermanDunk
02-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Man, those trade and draft things are so disgusting !

mavErika
02-18-2010, 05:38 PM
New York gave up a lot, I hate that trade for benefitting the Rockets so heavily.

Can someone please fill me in on the rules for draft pick protection? What happens if the Knicks' 2012 pick ends up being top 5, will Houston get their 2013 pick instead?

GuerillaBlack
02-18-2010, 06:33 PM
New York gave up a lot, I hate that trade for benefitting the Rockets so heavily.

Can someone please fill me in on the rules for draft pick protection? What happens if the Knicks' 2012 pick ends up being top 5, will Houston get their 2013 pick instead?

Houston would get the 2013 pick with no protection.

mavErika
02-18-2010, 07:48 PM

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/Guinnygirl/o-2.png
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d52/Guinnygirl/ARGH.png

argh.., but thanks for clarifying.
And congratulations on that clusterf*** of a trade for your team.

particleman
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM

Can you confirm that? Because it's possible that it would remain top 5 protected or become top 3 protected the next year or something like... Keep in mind Utah is getting the Knicks' first round pick this year back from the Stephon Marbury deal because the Knicks protected the heck out of it thinking they'd finally have a season where they weren't a lottery team.

Either way, it sucks now to be in a position to where we basically have to hope the Knicks do pick up a couple of the big free agents this summer that we're supposedly going after as well..

GuerillaBlack
02-18-2010, 09:44 PM
The deadline indeed passed at 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon with Stoudemire still in Phoenix, but only after the Suns and Houston Rockets engaged in 11th-hour discussions, according to sources close to the situation.

The proposed deal, sources with knowledge of the talks confirmed, had Phoenix receiving veterans Shane Battier and Luis Scola, multiple draft picks and the expiring contract of Brian Cook for Stoudemire.

It was just the latest episode in the Suns' on-again, off-again shopping of Stoudemire, who has been aggressively made available and then not traded in two successive Februarys.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4924306

Would have done this trade in a heartbeat! Kinda mad it didn't go down, but you can't have everything.

Can you confirm that? Because it's possible that it would remain top 5 protected or become top 3 protected the next year or something like... Keep in mind Utah is getting the Knicks' first round pick this year back from the Stephon Marbury deal because the Knicks protected the heck out of it thinking they'd finally have a season where they weren't a lottery team.

Either way, it sucks now to be in a position to where we basically have to hope the Knicks do pick up a couple of the big free agents this summer that we're supposedly going after as well..

If New York gets the number one pick in 2011, we would get the 2013 pick with no protection, since that 2011 pick is only Top 1 (one) protected. Not sure on the 2012 pick though.

Morey shaping up Houston nicely for a sign-and-trade this summer. Jeffries and Battier have some nice sized expiring contracts next year. And the NY picks? I like how Morey plays a rebuilding season.

sike
02-18-2010, 09:59 PM
well...we'll be seeing a whole lot more of Martin for the near future.