PDA

View Full Version : Do the Wizards miss Haywood? (Andray Blatch)

pkdumas
03-01-2010, 01:20 AM
The Mavs are on a nice 7 game streak, but the Wizards' Andray Blatche is on a 7 game streak of his own. After a 36 and 15 night, he's averaging 25 and 11 since the trade. I remember some discussion of trying to bring him to the Mavs a couple years ago. Not really trying to compare the two, but Blatche has been impressive lately in the box score. Maybe it's because he's on a bad team, but it's impressive.

CadBane
03-01-2010, 02:29 AM
No. It was Jamison holding Blatche back, not Haywood. Blatche is a stud though.

Robillion
03-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I have found myself a fan of the Wizards now.. after the trade in which they helped us out so greatly. I am rooting for them. (as a 2ndary team to us of course).

spreedom
03-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I like him alright but I'm happier with Haywood.

mavsfan1000
03-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Weird that the Wizards are doing so well now.

Maringa
03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Josh isn't playing for them...that's why they are doing so well...

MavsX
03-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I have found myself a fan of the Wizards now.. after the trade in which they helped us out so greatly. I am rooting for them. (as a 2ndary team to us of course).

i think they need to pick a new mascot. the wizards..just isn't doing it for me..it sounds like a wnba team. lame!

EricaLubarsky
03-01-2010, 03:03 PM
1) Blatche is a 4/3 forward and not a center

2) Blatche probably benefited most by the absence of every major scorer they had on their roster (Arenas, Butler, and most importantly, Jamison)

3) The Wiz flat out suck but its not surprising that an average player can step up when given unlimited shot attempts.

4) Haywood anchored their defense while being not being depended on for offense. There are a lot more shots and rebounds to be had period so its no surprise Blatche would succeed. Its like saying the Hornets wouldn't miss CP3 because Collison stepped up adequately out of necessity.

CadBane
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Erica,

All that is true. But Blatche has always had massive potential. The guy is a genuine stud and will put up huge numbers with PT. Early in the season when 'Twan was hurt, he was balling (killed us first game of the season). He's only 23 years old. This guy can/will put up 20/8/3 type numbers even on a good team with PT.

Dtownsfinest
03-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I always wondered how good Blatche was because i'd watch him against the Mavs and he'd be pretty impressive. He has range all the way out to the 3 point line even though he's not shooting well from there. He bangs in the middle. I never understood why he couldn't get more than 20 minutes a game. But maybe they were working him in slow. He's only 23. He's going to be a force in this league though. If you watch him play you can tell that he has what it takes to be a star in this league even on a good team.

Another guy on that team is Nick Young. Another young guy with potential. In hindsight the Wiz should've never traded their pick. I thought it was a good deal to bring in Foye and Miller if you thought you were a contender. Probably would've been best to keep that pick and build on that young nucleus.

FINtastic
03-02-2010, 02:47 PM
I always wondered how good Blatche was because i'd watch him against the Mavs and he'd be pretty impressive. He has range all the way out to the 3 point line even though he's not shooting well from there. He bangs in the middle. I never understood why he couldn't get more than 20 minutes a game. But maybe they were working him in slow. He's only 23. He's going to be a force in this league though. If you watch him play you can tell that he has what it takes to be a star in this league even on a good team.

Another guy on that team is Nick Young. Another young guy with potential. In hindsight the Wiz should've never traded their pick. I thought it was a good deal to bring in Foye and Miller if you thought you were a contender. Probably would've been best to keep that pick and build on that young nucleus.

I think a good what-if is that if the Wizards keep that pick, do they get Ricky Rubio over to the states? And if so, does that change the complexion of their season and maybe make them less willing trade partners at the deadline?

It's an interesting one to think about as a Mavs fan considering how that has turned out for us.

Dtownsfinest
03-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I think a good what-if is that if the Wizards keep that pick, do they get Ricky Rubio over to the states? And if so, does that change the complexion of their season and maybe make them less willing trade partners at the deadline?

It's an interesting one to think about as a Mavs fan considering how that has turned out for us.

Yea I keep forgetting they gave the Mavs Butler, Stevenson and Haywood. I think it depends. I think at the end of the day it all about the Arenas situation. Had he not had that gun incident I don't believe the Wiz trade away their core players. Arenas sort of forced them to rebuild and it probably should've already occurred. Butler, Arenas and Jamison took them as far as they were going to go.

And what is the whole Rubio situation? I was under the impression he wanted to go to a big market team like the Knicks? If that's true he still wouldn't have came I don't believe. The pick I had in mind was getting Brandon Jennings. But the Wiz thought they were contenders and after getting Foye and Miller I thought they were too.