PDA

View Full Version : The cursed Wizards

AO41
03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
LOL with the way things have gone there its almost believable... and since Stack is the one sayin it there must be something to it ;)

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65148/20100305/stackhouse_hints_that_wizards_might_be_cursed/

Stackhouse Hints That Wizards Might Be Cursed

Jerry Stackhouse spent a few seasons in Washington earlier in his career and faced off against the Wizards while with the Bucks earlier this week.

Stackhouse touched on the trouble Gilbert Arenas has gotten himself into, but he raised some eyebrows when he suggested the Wizards might be cursed with the injury bug.

"It's like, I don't want to say it's a curse, but tough things happen to people when they go to that city, as far as injuries," he told the Washington Post.

Josh Howard, acquired from the Mavericks in the Caron Butler trade last month, tore his ACL after only four games with the team.

When asked to elaborate on his 'curse' comment, Stackhouse said: "I don't really want to go there."

Underdog
03-05-2010, 10:30 AM
So what's new?

Washington D.C. reminds us that it's cursed every 4 years...

*rimshot*

MavsX
03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
i hate that place....oh wait.

EricaLubarsky
03-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Its hard to say its cursed and even Stack wasnt. The team had some knuckleheads with giant egos, then Arenas and Crittenton pulled some Blazers crap but got caught in a high-ante game after a while. All the rest is pretty standard stuff-- the team went into rebuilding mode and Josh Howard who is oft-injured, got injured.

Howard's injury wasnt surprising and the rest was brought on by egotistical and poorly-behaved players.