PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Game

MavsFanFinley
04-12-2001, 10:19 PM
I've been bummin about these last 3 losses. The guys are showing no intensity out there right now and I keep hoping they turn it around. Cause they won't get win #50 with the way they are playing right now. I think we can win the game against Sacramento (who's playing overtime against SA tonight) if they bring their play back that they had before this slump...Or Im hoping they do.

Flying Tiger
04-12-2001, 10:27 PM
I've been predicting wins the past three games, so I'll use a little reverse pscycology. Sac-Town 109 / Mavs 102

Evilmav2
04-12-2001, 10:28 PM
We will not lose four straight games... This one should be an impressive win...

MavsFanFinley
04-12-2001, 10:30 PM
Well, the Kings just pulled off an impressive win against SA just now and will come into Dallas good and pumped. The Mavs better bring their A game if they want to win.

Hoopsmeister
04-13-2001, 12:15 AM
*If* the Mavs bring the intensity and flow they took on the big road trip, then they can take Sacramento, particularly with them coming off this tough overtime game. And if they do, then there's no reason they can't roll undefeated through the last of the season and retake 5th (portland still has to play LA and San Antonio again while Phoenix can only catch Dallas if the Mavs let them). If the Mavs play like they did against Utah and San Antonio, then they could very well win only one more game (Even at half-speed the Mavs won't lose to Golden State) this year.

djb
04-13-2001, 12:46 AM
I honestly thought the Mavs were going to walk away with at least two of the last three. With that said, I'm not going to comment on the outcome of this upcoming game until it's over i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

LonestarROB
04-13-2001, 12:06 PM
We're gonna have to get Bobcat after you DJ i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif . She doesn't let that stuff slide i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif .

I don't think we're gonna win. I was somewhat suprised we beat them last time and will be somewhat suprised we beat them today.

Kings 110
Mavs 99

LonestarROB
04-13-2001, 12:07 PM
But it's friday the 13th, so no telling what's gonna happen i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif .

djb
04-13-2001, 08:25 PM
Good call Rob! Bradley's actually contributing tonight! i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

LonestarROB
04-13-2001, 08:39 PM
lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif . Booth and Bradley both playing well.

So far so good. Much more energy tonight then they've shown in the past 3-4 games. I wouldn't mind playing these guys in the playoffs. Very entertaining brand of basketball. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

djb
04-13-2001, 08:41 PM
Dirk's not getting enough touches imo. The ones he's been getting have either been rushed or off-balanced.

LonestarROB
04-13-2001, 08:43 PM
I agree. And I think Howards taking too many shots, or maybe it just seems that way.

djb
04-13-2001, 08:45 PM
I don't mind him taking shots, but he forces up a lot of bad ones. I mean, at one point, he was down in the post and surrounded by three guys. Dirk was at his usual spot in the corner behind the 3pt stripe. What does Juwan do? Tosses up that funky shot of his. Clank!

djb
04-13-2001, 08:57 PM
Bradley playing well, and Nash mishandling the ball like the past few games. This IS weird.

djb
04-13-2001, 09:56 PM
Bradley helps lead the Mavs to victory! Evilmav must be shitting in his pants right now i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
04-13-2001, 10:00 PM
50 WINS BABY!!

Does that not sound sweet or what.

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 10:15 PM
BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY BRADLEY!

Give Bradley minutes, and he produces! Bradley and Booth kicked ass tonight! Ok, who's back on the bandwagon? I won't make fun of you...

Finley made a living at the line tonight, but you might've noticed that when he drives to the basket too much, he still either turns over the ball or misses the shot a lot...

Nash played really well in limited minutes, I think, even if he's still feeling turnover-prone...

That was the worst officiated fourth quarter I've seen all year.

Dirk didn't get enough touches, AGAIN, but I can understand attacking Chris Webber with Juwan...

Did I mention Bradley? He just kicked your ass.

djb
04-13-2001, 10:19 PM
Phoenix is leading the Sonics by 3, while Houston is leading by 10 at the half against the Blazers.

dallmav
04-13-2001, 10:32 PM
great to see this win, we needed this one badley.

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 10:34 PM
We Needed This One Bradley...

The Rockets dropped 40 on the Blazers in the second quarter. When they're on, they're on, and I don't see them dropping it at this point...

MavsFanFinley
04-13-2001, 10:35 PM
I listened to the game on the Kings radio...the Mavs seemed to have come out with some more energy then they've been showing. I've been knocking Bradley, I won't lie, but I can say he was HUGE in this game. The Kings announcers were saying how he helped the Mavs win and how he came up with some big plays. From what I heard the officiating was horrific, ughh, that was sickening. The announcers said there were some bad calls both ways. Fin (11-29) and Howard (12-23) took the bulk of shots but Dirk (5-15) seemed off from what I heard. And the announcers kept saying how frustrated he was out there and some calls he wasn't getting. Not sure. Booth had a good game too. Eisley I think was the only one who didn't impress but the others contributed in some way. I do remember Eisley hit a shot when it was only a 2-point game and it kind of shifted the momentum back our way. And forced a Kings turnover as well. I give him credit for that, but that's about it. Howard seemed to have his way with Webber again, no matter how many bad shots he took.

HUGE WIN...MAVS WIN 50TH! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

This could be an interesting playoff matchup.

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 10:39 PM
PLAY OF THE GAME: Webber going up for the short jumper, Bradley grabbing the ball for the block and carrying both ball and Webber down to the ground. Ball passed away by Bradley with a scowl, Webber left in pain on floor for next possession... Man, I hope I can find a picture or video of that somewhere...

djb
04-13-2001, 10:47 PM
The offense ran too much through Howard tonight imo. They hardly ran any plays through Dirk. The reason his shooting seemed off tonight was b/c for the most part he was only given crappy looks while under pressure i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 10:51 PM
I agree, dj... over the past couple games his shooting percentage is way down, but I've been watching all of them, and Dirk is not out of rhythm- in fact, he seems more in rhythm than he's ever been all season. He is NAILING his jumpers, but it seems like he only gets good looks on rare occasions lately...

djb
04-13-2001, 10:51 PM
Howard took and missed a bunch of mid-range jumpers late in the game. I kept thinking how easily Dirk would have nailed them.

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 10:55 PM
Also, the refs have started allowing a LOT of contact from the defender when Dirk takes his shots... he was hammered so many times tonight without getting calls, I was starting to get worried for him. How many times did he get to the line tonight, or the past couple games? Over the season he's one of the league leaders in free throws attempted and made. What's changed? Not enough looks, not enough calls.

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 11:00 PM
Man, this is a great night so far... My Mavs beat the Kings, my Pacers beat the Celtics, and my Christian Laettner beat the Magic (with a little bit of help from the Wizards, but not much). Now if the Rockets just streak-shoot their way to a victory over the Blazers, the sweep will be complete, and I will be a very happy man...

djb
04-13-2001, 11:00 PM
I agree. I'm just getting a little tired of the Mavs treating Howard as if he were the team's second scoring option.

djb
04-13-2001, 11:01 PM
Don't forget the Suns/Sonics game!

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 11:02 PM
Part of it is Nellie wanting to attack the other team's high-scoring PF in order to make him work on both ends of the floor- Nellie has Juwan attacking Malone, Duncan, and Webber to tire them out. But when you think about the fact that you could have Dirk going off for 30 attacking Donyell Marshall, Danny Ferry, and Peja Stojakovic, you wonder if it's the right decision...

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 11:04 PM
That would be another game of interest, but I'm not sure I believe the Suns can catch up to us at this point...

LonestarROB
04-13-2001, 11:07 PM
There only 1 game back with a win tonight i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif .

djb
04-13-2001, 11:11 PM
Looks like Phoenix is going to win and move a game behind us i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif GO ROCKETS! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 11:11 PM
I'll be surprised if we don't sweep the last three, though...

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 11:14 PM
Plus the suns still have very lose-able games against the Jazz, Kings, and the Clip Show...

djb
04-13-2001, 11:16 PM
This is a little off topic but did anyone see Steve Francis complaining about the new rule changes in an interview earlier? Based on the way the Rockets play, don't you all think the new zone rules will really hurt their scoring? I hope so i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LonestarROB
04-13-2001, 11:19 PM
I saw it. I think pretty much everybody(players) hate the new rules. Especially the guys like Francis who like to play one-on-one.

djb
04-13-2001, 11:20 PM
Francis, Mobley, Norris..that team's going to have to seriously do some adjusting, especially if they don't land Webber. Gawd I hope they don't get Webb!

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 11:20 PM
The Franchise will adapt, though... he's a great passer and a good shooter, and it might just bring his game to a new level if he has to play the team game...

djb
04-13-2001, 11:21 PM
Dammit Mavinator that's not what I wanna hear i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 11:22 PM
Plus since there are so many good shooters on their team, teams will have to play them honest most of the time and not go to the zone...

Mavinator
04-13-2001, 11:23 PM
Hahah... the Rockets just don't run their offense as well as they could... I could see them as the Mavericks Lite or the Poor Man's Kings...

Mavinator
04-14-2001, 12:01 AM
Houston wins, 109-103...

And I was wrong about that 40 points in the second quarter thing. ESPN's quarter-by-quarter score chart at halftime was apparently incorrect...

Evilmav2
04-14-2001, 02:55 AM
Poor mans' Kings... LOL...

LAM0015
04-14-2001, 09:40 AM
between the mavs, phoenix and portland, the mavs have the easiest schedule left. let's hope we can hold them off and set up a first round matchup with the jazz