PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference / Eastern Conference?

KINGBEEF
07-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Is the eastern conference better than the west now?

KINGBEEF
07-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Considering all of the moves that have been made, a lot of good players from the west have gone to the east. Previously a sub-par record would get you into the playoffs in the east as suppose to the west to where every game counted just to see if you would make the playoffs.

sike
07-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Interesting question...we'll have to wait and see, but I still see the West as having a larger collection of 50 win teams.

MavsX
07-12-2010, 01:17 PM
agree with sike....for the first time ever.

Zki41
07-12-2010, 01:18 PM
In terms of player movement from the west, Phoenix and Utah took major blows with the loss of Stoudemire and Boozer. Chicago gained Boozer, New York gained Stoudemire, and the Heat gained LeBron and Bosh, meaning Cleveland and Toronto took major blows. The Bucks substantially improved through resigning Salmons and acquiring Corey Maggette. Considering they were a 40+ win team at the end of the season, almost beat the Hawks in the playoffs, and have Brandon Jennings get a year of experience under the belt, I think they have 50+ win potential.

That being said ... I think the teams that may break 50 wins in the east (potentially) are ....

Orlando, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Milwuakee, Atlanta.

New York is probably lottery bound, but I won't be surprised if they make a low seed in the playoffs. New Jersey is also in the same boat ... the big loser of free agency. Charlotte will probably be somewhat of the same as they were last year. Toronto and Cleveland will be lottery bound as well. The Sixers and Wizards are big winners of the draft, but I do not see them contributing to the playoff race. That being said, I feel after that list of potential 50 win teams in the east, there is a significant drop off.

In the west, we obviously have LA, Dallas, SA, Denver, OKC, and Portland as potential 50 win teams. Phoenix and Utah are still playoff contenders, but with the strength of the rosters of the six teams I just mentioned, they might be battling for the final two spots.

For other teams that might be fighting for those last two spots and get 40-50 wins, we have quite a few candidates. Houston will have Yao Ming back. They did a pretty good job without him this past season. New Orleans will have Chris Paul healthy, though I do not think they will make the playoffs. The Clippers may be much better than last season with Blake Griffin and Aminu playing. The Grizzlies will also be in this group.

So in summary ... I think the East and West both have six teams that really have a shot at getting 50 wins this season. However, the East pretty much sucks after that. The west still has a solid 6 teams that may contend for 40-50 wins and playoff position.

The west is still stronger overall, but in terms of what the playoff picture may look like, they are starting to look really similar.

Underdog
07-12-2010, 01:29 PM
All the stars are in the East, all the teams are in the West...

KINGBEEF
07-23-2010, 09:13 AM
So if CP3 signs with the Knicks, I think the table will tip just a little towards the Eastern Conference. Not because New Orleans will get worst, but because the Knicks will get better.

dirno2000
07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
I'd take the top 4 teams in the East over the top 4 teams in the West but 5-8 I'd take the West.

sike
07-23-2010, 11:38 AM
agree with sike....for the first time ever.

and for the last time ever.

rabbitproof
07-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I'd take the top 4 teams in the East over the top 4 teams in the West but 5-8 I'd take the West.

Agree. To be more clear, the best team is the Lakers. The next 3 are East teams and then it's mostly West before we hit the gutter, which is mostly East.

KINGBEEF
07-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Agree. To be more clear, the best team is the Lakers. The next 3 are East teams and then it's mostly West before we hit the gutter, which is mostly East.

I'm assuming that you're top 3 teams out of the east are:

Heat
Orlando
Boston.

Probably in that order.

I would put the Mavs above Boston though and that could be because i'm looking through Mavs glasses, but I would I think Dallas would give them a run for their money. As a matter of fact I would put them above Orlando too.

Lakers
Heat
Mavs
Boston
Orlando

bernardos70
07-23-2010, 05:39 PM
I would put the Mavs above Orlando (we just have their number) but not over Boston. But I'm talking head to head here, I won't take a stab at predicting their regular season success.

rabbitproof
07-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Ionno. The Mavs couldn't even beat the Spurs.

I still think the Mavs are a top 4 in the West and are fairly competitive with Orlando/Boston, and maybe better on paper, but on merits alone I put the Mavs below them.

How do we have Orlando's number? Dallas split 1-1 with Boston and Orlando last season.. losing twice post-Wiz trade and the wins coming before. I'd say Orlando got a little weaker losing a starter in Barnes though. Boston is a little better I think gaining JO over Sheed.

KINGBEEF
07-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Ionno. The Mavs couldn't even beat the Spurs.

I still think the Mavs are a top 4 in the West and are fairly competitive with Orlando/Boston, and maybe better on paper, but on merits alone I put the Mavs below them.

How do we have Orlando's number? Dallas split 1-1 with Boston and Orlando last season.. losing twice post-Wiz trade and the wins coming before. I'd say Orlando got a little weaker losing a starter in Barnes though. Boston is a little better I think gaining JO over Sheed.

So in what order are your teams ranked. Just curious that's all

MavsX
07-27-2010, 10:03 AM
and for the last time ever.

And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

41mvp
07-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Eastern:
Miami:James.Wade,Bosh
Orlando:Howard,Carter
Boston:Pirce,Allen,Rondo

Western:
Lakers:Bryant,Bynum,Blake
Dallas:Kidd,Nowitzki,Butler,Haywood/Chandler
Denver:Anthony,Billups,Martin
San Antonio: Duncan,Parker,Ginobili
Houston:Yao,Martin,Brooks
Phonix:Nash,Richardson,Turkoglu
In Eastern Conference are only three top teams.
In Western Conference are six top teams.
Western Conference is better because we have many top teams and many best players.
http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/files/images/NBA%20Western%20Conference.jpg

KINGBEEF
07-27-2010, 01:41 PM
what about:

Hawks
Bulls
Bucks
Knicks
Bobcats

41mvp
07-27-2010, 02:09 PM
what about:

Hawks
Bulls
Bucks
Knicks
Bobcats

Hawks in playoffs time are weak.Bucks are very good young team but they aren't experienced.Knicks are you serious.Bobcats they have only Jackson and nobody more.

KINGBEEF
07-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Hawks in playoffs time are weak.Bucks are very good young team but they aren't experienced.Knicks are you serious.Bobcats they have only Jackson and nobody more.

Knicks have Amare / Felton / Azubuike now
Bobcats have Jackson / Wallace / Tyrus Thomas

fluid.forty.one
07-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Hawks in playoffs time are weak.

The Mavs have been too... does that mean that Dirk's star power doesn't mean anything for the West?

41mvp
07-27-2010, 03:05 PM
The Mavs have been too... does that mean that Dirk's star power doesn't mean anything for the West?

Hawks in playoffs time are weak right?.I agree with you Mavs in playoffs time are weak but I am Mavs fan and I always believe in my team.

41mvp
07-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Knicks have Amare / Felton / Azubuike now
Bobcats have Jackson / Wallace / Tyrus Thomas

so Amare Felton and Azabuike this three guys will be power in Eastern Conf.
probably not.Amare Azubuike and Felton are good players.But this team haven't experience I don't believe in this team.