PDA

View Full Version : Von Wafer

minkbarn
07-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Von Wafer just signed a one year contract with Boston. Can anyone give their opinion on him? I've never seen him play.

Thanks.

KINGBEEF
07-29-2010, 05:13 PM
he's like the old Jim Jackson that used to play for every team in the NBA. He likes to shoot the ball alot. Now when I say a lot I mean a lot. Doesn't no how to pass the ball basically. Oh did I mention that he gets into foul trouble pretty easy. We had him second half of the season on a ten day contract during injury games

Underdog
07-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Helluva towel-waver, but he's no Matt Carroll...

tcat075
07-29-2010, 08:44 PM
You guys are negative, but he's not a bad player. Very talented, just needs to learn to take better shots and not to be such a black hole. He's not good enough to be a black hole, but when he plays within the system and takes good shots, he can knock down jumpers, including treys, at a high clip, and has some moves off the dribble allowing him to get to the basket. He's not a bad defender, though he's certainly not going to be the Celtic's defensive stopper. He's got the size needed to play shooting guard, at 6-5.

I mentioned he's a ball hog, but I think his biggest problem is that he took off the entire year last year from basketball. Don't think it was his plan, but couldn't get a team. If he's still sharp, he's perfectly capable of coming off the bench and being a scoring option for the second team, both as a spot up shooter and sometimes creating his own shot.