PDA

View Full Version : practice report from Fri shootaround

fish
04-13-2001, 01:31 PM
News from Friday’s shootaround at Reunion Arena: Mark Cuban’s "fine.'' … and Greg Buckner might be, too.
Mavs owner Mark Cuban has been docked $100,000 and suspended for the Friday game against Sacramento for “directing a derogatory gesture at’’ and “criticizing the officials’’ following the Wednesday loss in Phoenix, the NBA announced.
That’s more than a half-a-million in fines for internet billionaire Cuban, who, ironically, will now not be involved in a game that will be the NBA’s first-ever webcast of a live game.
Swingman Greg Buckner (dislocated knee cap) won’t be part of the Mavs-Kings action either – but he may return next week. Buckner, hopeful of being healthy for the playoffs, is eligible to come off the injured list after Sunday, and Mavs officials are saying he might “test’’ the knee in the Monday at Golden State game and/or the Wednesday regular-season finale against Minnesota.

Fish
DallasBasketball.com

MavsFanFinley
04-13-2001, 02:03 PM
I'll be at that Golden State game too...Im not sure what to think about Buckner. Im glad he seems to be ok enough to maybe 'test' the knee, I think it may be smarter to let him rest it some more. And try it for the playoffs, but what do I know.

When I read in the DMN that he was pretty much out for the playoffs today, I wanted to have a good cry.

LonestarROB
04-13-2001, 02:39 PM
I hope Buck comes back for the playoffs. We need his defense and energy. He'll go after some rebounds too.

giostar
04-13-2001, 05:11 PM
Yea, we definitely need Buck back for some defensive presence on guards and SF's. I hope this team gets back and healthy by playoff time.

giostar
04-13-2001, 05:13 PM
Well, I kind of said exactly what Rob said. Oh well...