PDA

View Full Version : What did CWEBB do wrong tonight?

Hales233
05-24-2002, 11:28 PM
He put up fantastic numbers again, BUT I'm not going to post them since you say all that matters is the 4th Q. Chris stepped up and made some huge buckets to hold off LA's run, but I'm sure you guys aren't going to say he played good, are you? I'd be shocked!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

DTL
05-24-2002, 11:48 PM
Webber hit a huge basket to stop the bleeding. That was clutch.

Happy now, Hales? i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Drbio
05-25-2002, 08:57 AM
Hales? Webber played very well. i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

MavKikiNYC
05-25-2002, 09:59 AM
I knew this thread would be here.

CWeb played just fine last night. Tough to argue that he was the difference, but he did seem more active going to the hoop early on and that did help set the tone.

He also made two nice plays as the Lakers were trying to cut a 20-something point lead to under 12 with about 6 minutes to go:
1) The jumper to counter an 11-0 Laker run.
2) The strip on Kobe to the hoop while the Lakers were still trying to move into striking range.

Nice plays, but clutch?

The difference that I saw was that Divac had Shaq totally rattled; Hedo showed up and contributed; Christie was productive; Bibby played like he did in the Mavericks series. If anyone was 'clutch' in my estimation, it was Bibby. But Webber definitely had a productive game, and this was about as well as I've seen him play this year.

aexchange
05-25-2002, 11:22 AM
however much you think webb is soft, he did step it up in the 4th.

there is no other term to describe his jumper after the lakers ran off 11 pts in a row other than to describe it as clutch.

that shot was what big time players do.

Murphy3
05-25-2002, 11:38 PM
For once, Webber stepped up late in the game in the playoffs.