PDA

View Full Version : can the pierce and walker led celtics win this series

Murphy3
05-27-2002, 08:38 PM
it must be disheartening to have both pierce and walker play fairly well yet lose the game to the nets.
the celtics are way undermanned. they have only one star and a guy that can score alot of points on alot of shots.

i don't think they have enough to beat the nets.

I think walker needs to be the teams third option if this team is to compete for a championship. he is simply to unreliable to be the #2 guy and have the team realistically compete for a title against a top western conference team.

pierce is the real deal.

it'll be an ugly yet interesting three game ending to this series.

Drbio
05-27-2002, 11:07 PM
The leastern conference is fighting an uphill battle. The west will win again in spite of the efforts of those guys.

LonestarROB
05-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Boston can win the series if they'd stop falling down by 50 points in the first half every game. i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 09:12 AM
neither team will compete with which ever team comes out of the west, so i guess it doesn't really matter.

Bayliss
05-28-2002, 10:20 AM
<< neither team will compete with which ever team comes out of the west, so i guess it doesn't really matter. >>

Actually that's not entirely true. If the Lakers win then the East has no shot. But if the Kings win then the East has a shot.

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 10:39 AM
No, i don't think so.
neither team in the east remotely stacks up to sacramento.
yes, there's a shot, but it's a very, very slim shot.

i think there's a saying that will give you an idea as to how much of a shot they have if either leastern team plays sacramento..
a snowball's chance in hell

MavKikiNYC
05-28-2002, 10:58 AM
<< neither team will compete with which ever team comes out of the west, so i guess it doesn't really matter. >>

Strongly disagree.

NBA season has an eerie parallel to NFL season, with Kings as Rams and Nets as Pats;

high-powered offense v. surprisingly tough, effective defense;

pre-ordained champion v. come-out-of-nowhere gamers.

If Nets and Kings make it to finals, I very much like the Nets' chances.

Kidd is incredible. His post-season is making the MVP results look more and more dubious.

Bayliss
05-28-2002, 11:14 AM
<< neither team in the east remotely stacks up to sacramento. >>

Offensively I agree. But the Nets or Celtics have a good chance (better than a snowball's chance) of beating the Kings.

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 11:41 AM
completely disagree with either of you.
i hope the kings are given a chance to show you how wrong you are.

and it makes little sense to compare the nfl to the nba. anything can happen in one game (super bowl), however, the worse team rarely wins in a 7 game series.

the nets don't have near enough offense to compete with the kings.
the celtics don't have enough offense or defense to win a series from the kings.

Hoopsmeister
05-28-2002, 11:42 AM
<< I think walker needs to be the teams third option if this team is to compete for a championship. he is simply to unreliable to be the #2 guy and have the team realistically compete for a title against a top western conference team. >>

Walker wouldn't work as a 3rd option--same as Iverson wouldn't work as as a second option. Walker is a player who can put up a lot of points but he *has* to have a lot of touches to do it. He is not an efficient scorer. If he were a 3rd option he would disappear.

MavKikiNYC
05-28-2002, 11:46 AM
<< i hope the kings are given a chance to show you how wrong you are. >>

Champions MAKE their own chances. They don't get given anything.

How about a little wager, Murfecita?

Kings win the championship, MavsKiKiNYC goes on injured reserve for Dallas-Mavs.com for one year.

Nets win, you do.

I'm so doubting that you have the cojones to take this wager, let alone live up to it.

You have until 2:00 Eastern Time today to accept.

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 12:08 PM
regardless of whether or not he would disappear hoopsmeister, they need a better second scoring option than him.

and of course i'll accept your wager mavskiki
if the kings and nets meet in the finals and kings win the series, you're gone for a year..
and vice versa for me.

not a problem.

MavKikiNYC
05-28-2002, 12:17 PM
That wasn't the wager.

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 12:34 PM
oh, i thought you were saying if they play each other and the nets win..

either way, i take the wager

MavKikiNYC
05-28-2002, 12:49 PM
You're on.

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 12:54 PM
I take it that you're either extemely sure the lakers will beat the kings or you really don't want to post here anymore

MavKikiNYC
05-28-2002, 01:03 PM
I'm going with the Nets, Princess.

And if we can simultaneously make this board a better place, then I'm all for that too.

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 01:23 PM
the kings winning and you leaving sounds good to me...i'd be more than willing to stomach the kings taking the title if it meant that i didn't have to put up with you.

Hoopsmeister
05-28-2002, 01:36 PM
<< regardless of whether or not he would disappear hoopsmeister, they need a better second scoring option than him. >>

I made no comment on their chances with Walker as #2. Just pointed out that's what he has to be. If they don't want Walker as #2 then they need to trade him and get a different #2. Trying to bring in someone and move him back to #3 won't work.

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 01:42 PM
oh, i know you didn't comment on that hoops..
just saying that i don't think he's the answer for the celtics as the #2 option...

MavKikiNYC
05-28-2002, 01:47 PM
<< the kings winning and you leaving sounds good to me...i'd be more than willing to stomach the kings taking the title if it meant that i didn't have to put up with you. >>

And if it comes to it, I'm more than willing to stop having to wade through these threads with your inane little Murph-turds showing up as every other post. It's worse than walking down a Paris sidewalk and having to dodge poodle pellets every other step.

Win-win for me either way.

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 02:08 PM
wow, i feel like i was put down really harshly there.
losing you would simply help narrow the discrepancy between quality posters and people such as yourself.

Murphy3
05-28-2002, 02:37 PM
of course, this is all in fun
i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

ArcticBlast
05-28-2002, 08:11 PM
Let's keep in mind that the Nets were not only playing well, but the calls in the fourth were going their way. I'm not complaining about officials, but here's my point:

I think that both teams are so equal that there's no telling who will win. It just depends on which team has the most non-stars stepping up at any given time. And, if that's equal, as I believe it was last night, the littlest thing can turn the game to one team's favor. Like, a few offencive fouls that could have been called blocking fouls.

Now, I'm going to admit that I didn't watch the Nets much before the playoffs. But, since the playoffs started, I've been watching both teams very closely and I've not been able to tell which is a better team. The fact that they're tied 2-2 might say something about that as well. If the Nets were that much better than the Celtics, the series would be at least 3-1 the Nets' way.

I don't think it will be ugly at all. I think it will be *great* basketball and I think that anyone could win it.

But I hope the Celtics do. ^.^

Drbio
05-28-2002, 08:14 PM
murph-truds? Poodle-peelets?

hahahaha

That is one deal you guys are forming that will never happen.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif