PDA

View Full Version : Toronto/Sacramento Trade

Bayliss
12-08-2013, 08:01 PM
The Kings will send Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes to the Raptors. The Kings will also acquire Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray in the deal, sources said.

-- Yahoo Sports

So who do you think wins this trade?

mac222b
12-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Toronto- just by virtue of unloading that horrendous Gay contract. Also got some expiring guys back. Vazquez and Patterson are useable rotation guys too. Best case scenario for Toronto is they lose a bunch more games and get canadian Wiggins or one of the other 4-5 studs in this coming draft

DevinHarriswillstart
12-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Toronto because Gay has never seen a shot he won't take. He also can't pass on top of that and turns the ball over. A move the Kings probably needed to make as well.

FreshJive
12-08-2013, 11:38 PM
They are a lot more fun to watch when Thomas is in the game over Greivas. I don't know what they are going to do about a backup now. Jimmer?

grndmstr_c
12-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Gay's such a terrible chucker I don't know if this trade quite qualifies, but it's going to be interesting seeing if some of these terrible Eastern teams start looking to offload talent to head off an accidental playoff berth.

Kidd Karma
12-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Raptors easy. Get rid of the bad contract. Suck for Wiggins. Would the NBA actually gift them with Wiggins? With a former GSW owner at the helm, guessing he wants instant success...Gay is a bad move basketball wise, but fans wise, credibility, it'll get butts in the seats. But for Michael Malone as a defensive coach......not a good match. I think the Kings are still years away.

DevinHarriswillstart
12-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Gay's such a terrible chucker I don't know if this trade quite qualifies, but it's going to be interesting seeing if some of these terrible Eastern teams start looking to offload talent to head off an accidental playoff berth.

I'd keep my eye on Boston. I really can't imagine Ainge wanting to accidentally win that division. I know we need a center, but I'm keeping my eye on players like Jeff Green.

grndmstr_c
12-09-2013, 08:24 PM
I'd keep my eye on Boston. I really can't imagine Ainge wanting to accidentally win that division. I know we need a center, but I'm keeping my eye on players like Jeff Green.
Yeah. Boston/Green was near the front of my mind when I was scanning through thinking about that. And even if center is the most glaring hole at the moment, I think it's a pretty good bet that Dallas will have a new starting SF next year one way or the other, and wouldn't be surprised to see them try to get the jump on addressing that need if a good opportunity presents itself.