PDA

View Full Version : Detroit waives Josh Smith!

spreedom
12-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Flat out waived the guy, with $28M owed after this season! Unreal!!

Edit: He currently has 3 years, $40.5M on his contract! Holy shit, SVG must hate his guts.

spreedom
12-22-2014, 12:07 PM
I also want to add, I 100% want Josh Smith on the Mavericks. A strong organization and a great coach can turn him back into a really dangerous weapon, especially defensively.

dirt_dobber
12-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Flat out waived the guy, with $28M owed after this season! Unreal!!

Edit: He currently has 3 years, $40.5M on his contract! Holy shit, SVG must hate his guts.

WOW! Smith transferred to Oak Hill Academy AND at Oak Hill he was teammates with Rajon Rondo

would he fit here?

would he be willing to backup Dirk at the PF spot?

I love our current chemistry but - Barkley has always said every team needs a knucklehead
like a Nick Van Exel,, Stephenson etc.

EricaLubarsky
12-22-2014, 12:16 PM
For cheap, I'd love smith. Would he be willing to come here for cheap, though?

spreedom
12-22-2014, 12:21 PM
I bet he does the Andray Blatche FU Tour for at least this season. Maybe next, too. And considering how much better Blatche was with the Nets than he was with the Wizards, it seems like we could really get a steal of a player.

I don't care for Josh's attitude, and quite frankly he has been impossible to watch these past couple of years, but if Rick could rein him in and he could accept the Brandan Wright type of role offensively, he could put this team way, way over the top.

AO41
12-22-2014, 12:29 PM
I am sure somone else will pick him up...but of the Mavs have any chance ..i would do it in a heartbeat. Under Rick and with Tyson and Rondo on board...thera no BS...and this will be a wake up call for Smith...hes gotta realize that his career is at stake and maybe will finally want to prove people wrong and play up to the amazing potential...which is still there.

IMO would be a great addition...lets see how it plays out

EricaLubarsky
12-22-2014, 12:45 PM
20-8 Mavs offer the min to backup Dirk and Chandler. 12-15 Kibgs offer the same but for a starting gig. What do you take?

DevinHarriswillstart
12-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Shocking. Love to have him for the minimum.

sefant77
12-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Josh and JO and we dont have anymore a thin FC

Sportstudi
12-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Josh and JO and we dont have anymore a thin FC

For cheap I'd love him here. He can still defend well. But he needs to promise that he doesn't shoot the ball except for dunks and layups...