PDA

View Full Version : NBA Season 16-17: General Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dirt_dobber
10-26-2016, 04:13 AM
Well the beat down the Spurs put on GSW was interesting - lost the opener by 29 at home.

Not sure why I liked the Warriors losing but I think it is because I had a friend place a bet for me in Vegas - betting the under for 67 wins.

Impressed with the Spurs Jonathon Simmons 20 pts and Kawhi L. 35 pts!

EricaLubarsky
10-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Well the beat down the Spurs put on GSW was interesting - lost the opener by 29 at home.

Not sure why I liked the Warriors losing but I think it is because I had a friend place a bet for me in Vegas - betting the under for 67 wins.

Impressed with the Spurs Jonathon Simmons 20 pts and Kawhi L. 35 pts!

Last night was all about blowouts. Spurs blew out the Warriors. Cavs destroyed the Knicks in the second half. Indians...well that was embarrassing.

Underdog
10-26-2016, 10:17 AM
One game closer to luring Steph to Dallas... Keep it up, GSW!

DoYouEvenLift
10-26-2016, 09:56 PM
I predicted when Durant went to GS on this forum that they would not win the ship this year because of no center, but I did think they'd lose in the Finals. Now I'm not so sure they'll win the West. Starting to suspect The Spurs or the Clippers will. I think no matter how good your 1-4 is you can't allow a freeway to the basket, and most of their starters are not good defenders. It will be interesting.

EricaLubarsky
10-26-2016, 10:11 PM
I predicted when Durant went to GS on this forum that they would not win the ship this year because of no center, but I did think they'd lose in the Finals. Now I'm not so sure they'll win the West. Starting to suspect The Spurs or the Clippers will. I think no matter how good your 1-4 is you can't allow a freeway to the basket, and most of their starters are not good defenders. It will be interesting.

Spurs are my favorite for sure. Warriors had a nice balance-- guards that lit it up and everyone else just held it down, defended, and rebounded.

Now they don't have the toughness. They're also seeing first hand that Pachulia and McGee are hot feces.

Melonhead
10-26-2016, 11:19 PM
That Anthony Davis line tho...

50/16/7a/5s/4b

EricaLubarsky
10-26-2016, 11:23 PM
That Anthony Davis line tho...

50/16/7a/5s/4b

In a loss. At home. To Denver.

Dude needs to come play with Barnes, Matthews, and our young core. Only way he's going to get help.

spreedom
10-26-2016, 11:25 PM
Brow, you poor bastard. That roster is a fucking mess.

Bryan_Wilson
10-27-2016, 12:12 AM
Meanwhile in Houston, Dantoni and Harden fill the stat sheet with loser ball and get the L against the Lakers.

DoYouEvenLift
10-27-2016, 01:49 AM
In a loss. At home. To Denver.

Dude needs to come play with Barnes, Matthews, and our young core. Only way he's going to get help.

I know you're kidding but what a waste he's under contract through 2020. Nobody wants to go play in New Orleans regardless if AD becomes the best player in the NBA eventually. It would have been interesting if Chris Paul never left teaming Paul with Davis.

But this past season instead of gaining better players they lost a few of what would probably be considered their better players (Gordon/Anderson both in Houston) while they added Terrance Jones for dirt cheap and took a gamble on Lance Stephenson but didn't do much else of note. I don't see Davis staying there past 2020 but that's a while away and in the meantime they will probably only sniff the 8th seed if that. I don't understand the coaching change either, they're a mess.

Underdog
10-27-2016, 01:55 AM
I know you're kidding but what a waste he's under contract through 2020. Nobody wants to go play in New Orleans regardless if AD becomes the best player in the NBA eventually. It would have been interesting if Chris Paul never left teaming Paul with Davis.

But this past season instead of gaining better players they lost a few of what would probably be considered their better players (Gordon/Anderson both in Houston) while they added Terrance Jones for dirt cheap and took a gamble on Lance Stephenson but didn't do much else of note. I don't see Davis staying there past 2020 but that's a while away and in the meantime they will probably only sniff the 8th seed if that. I don't understand the coaching change either, they're a mess.

He could (should) force a trade...

spreedom
10-27-2016, 01:55 AM
Meanwhile in Houston, Dantoni and Harden fill the stat sheet with loser ball and get the L against the Lakers.

I think Mike D'Antoni is a genius. He might not/probably won't ever win a title as a head coach, but his 7 seconds or less Suns laid the groundwork for the modern game and he has the ability to turn virtually anyone in the league into a productive rotation player.

His system isn't "loser ball" any more than Stan Van Gundy's is.

DoYouEvenLift
10-27-2016, 01:59 AM
He could (should) force a trade...

He has no leverage until he's an expiring most likely, even if they suck he probably brings the team a lot of revenue in. I mean who do you trade him for anyway? There's no way you get anywhere close to equal value.

Here's one thought: to the Knicks for Porzingis? I don't know even that's a highway robbery in favor of the Knicks. Can't see many trades New Orleans would agree to. There's a lack of superstars currently in the NBA.

AD to Golden State for Draymond and Iguadola? Lol.

Even someone like Lamarcus Aldridge is ridiculously in favor of the Spurs. Imagine though Pop coaching Davis.

dirt_dobber
10-27-2016, 06:35 AM
last night in Philly -
Westbrook at the FT line and fans chanted - "KD left you"
HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan_Wilson
10-27-2016, 07:48 AM
I think Mike D'Antoni is a genius. He might not/probably won't ever win a title as a head coach, but his 7 seconds or less Suns laid the groundwork for the modern game and he has the ability to turn virtually anyone in the league into a productive rotation player.

He's not breaking ground this year by playing at a pace faster than everyone else. The entire NBA has incorporated this run and gun faster pace philosophy when it suits them. And he's certainly not coaching the rockets to a top 10 defense. This is the guy who benched Gasol for some scrub(earl clark) in LA because he wanted to play faster. Instead of adjusting the offense to help one of his best players(maybe the best once Kobe was hurt) he benched him because he wanted the offense to go faster. That's not a genius, thats a guy who doesn't know how to get the most out of his players, loser ball IMO. We all give RC crap for some of his rotation choices but he gets the best(most of if not all the time) from his players. He makes adjustments to the offense to cater to a guys strengths. He tries to mix in some zone schemes and such to make the defense better than what it is. He's coaching winning basketball and getting the most out of some pretty shit rosters around here. Dantoni may have laid groundwork as you say but other teams are doing what he did better and they are coaching while they are at it. Adding a guy like Harden to this just makes it worse IMO.

DevinHarriswillstart
10-27-2016, 10:02 AM

Problem is that the rest of the league has caught up. D'Antoni can coach an offense, but he can also let lesser offenses go to town on his non existent defense.

DoYouEvenLift
10-27-2016, 11:40 AM
Dennis Schroder just signed an extension with the Hawks for 4 years/70 million. So already Westbrook (not that he'd come here) and Schroder are off next year's possible pg acquisitions. Steph your bro wants you to come to Dallas and Bogut and Barnes miss you bad. Do the right thing and leave GS in free agency for Dallas!

spreedom
10-27-2016, 11:55 AM
He's not breaking ground this year by playing at a pace faster than everyone else. The entire NBA has incorporated this run and gun faster pace philosophy when it suits them. And he's certainly not coaching the rockets to a top 10 defense. This is the guy who benched Gasol for some scrub(earl clark) in LA because he wanted to play faster. Instead of adjusting the offense to help one of his best players(maybe the best once Kobe was hurt) he benched him because he wanted the offense to go faster. That's not a genius, thats a guy who doesn't know how to get the most out of his players, loser ball IMO. We all give RC crap for some of his rotation choices but he gets the best(most of if not all the time) from his players. He makes adjustments to the offense to cater to a guys strengths. He tries to mix in some zone schemes and such to make the defense better than what it is. He's coaching winning basketball and getting the most out of some pretty shit rosters around here. Dantoni may have laid groundwork as you say but other teams are doing what he did better and they are coaching while they are at it. Adding a guy like Harden to this just makes it worse IMO.

The D'Antoni hire for the Lakers was a disaster from the beginning. I agree that he could have done a better job, but to pin that failure solely on how he used Pau Gasol is strange.

And if we're talking about getting the most out of players (which I agree should be the majority basis by which we measure coaches) let's do an exercise with these Rockets. What do you think their ceiling is with D'Antoni? How about if they had a good-but-not-great coach (Steve Clifford, Scott Brooks, someone like that) instead? How about with Carlisle? I think the absolute ceiling for this team is about 48-50 wins. Want to bet against them getting pretty close to or exceeding that?

Instead of talking about what D'Antoni doesn't do well, acknowledge what he does do well.

Problem is that the rest of the league has caught up. D'Antoni can coach an offense, but he can also let lesser offenses go to town on his non existent defense.

FWIW, the 7 seconds or less Suns were generally a top 12-18 offensive team in terms of defensive efficiency... with THAT personnel. People talk about their struggles because back then, what we all (myself included) looked at was PPG yielded. D'Antoni isn't going to change the world defensively, but let's not act like his Suns were a bottom 5 defense.

spreedom
10-27-2016, 08:50 PM
Dwight with 19 rebounds late in the 4th quarter. Schroeder hasn't passed it to him once.

Bryan_Wilson
10-27-2016, 10:55 PM
The D'Antoni hire for the Lakers was a disaster from the beginning. I agree that he could have done a better job, but to pin that failure solely on how he used Pau Gasol is strange. I brought up the Pau thing because it was the most memorable. And because it highlights a major problem Dantoni has. He sacrificed his best player arguably(kobe out) being on the floor so he could put clark in, a career scrub, and his reasoning he gave was he wanted to "go faster". Taking your best player and bringing him off the bench for an inferior player to simply run faster isn't winning basketball imo. That would be like if the bulls had butler come off the bench because they wanted to go faster with a guy like nate robinson. I don't necessarily hold him accountable for the lakers win/loss as a whole because they have been a mess for a long time now but he's not without blame.

And if we're talking about getting the most out of players (which I agree should be the majority basis by which we measure coaches) let's do an exercise with these Rockets. What do you think their ceiling is with D'Antoni? How about if they had a good-but-not-great coach (Steve Clifford, Scott Brooks, someone like that) instead? How about with Carlisle? I think the absolute ceiling for this team is about 48-50 wins. Want to bet against them getting pretty close to or exceeding that?

Instead of talking about what D'Antoni doesn't do well, acknowledge what he does do well. I'm not saying they wont win regular season games, just like Harden will win games without dantoni because many nights great offense will prevail. But what I term "loser ball"(my fault) is to the fact that they will not win when it counts. Last night I watched probably less than half of the game but most of the 4th quarter. And it was clear as day that Capela is their best Center. Yet who did dantoni play? Nene. And that's not some type of matchup play on defense because Capela is miles ahead of Nene at this point. He did that because Nene can shoot a face up jumper and Capela cannot. He also played Ryan anderson with Nene making their front court maybe the worst rebounding/defensive front court ever. Decisions like that, and I'm sure there were more but I did not watch the whole game, are why I say "loser ball". And Harden is no different. As long as a coach is going to allow him to lead the league in Turnovers by not holding him accountable for sloppy play, and allowing him to play literally 0 defense at times when he wants to catch his breath, not to mention the fact that in the playoffs the refs will make it harder to get ft's like they always do and he has to actually make shots conisistently... all of those reasons are why he also is a loser brand of basketball. So to answer the question about another coach? As long as that GM and Owner hold presser's like the one they had this summer basically saying "he carried us, its not his job to also play defense" and the Coach does not or will not hold Harden accountable then the coach won't matter they won't win. But no, I've seen nothing personally from Dantoni with any team that would indicate they would win in the playoffs.

spreedom
10-27-2016, 11:35 PM
That's all fair criticism, but with D'Antoni so many people focus on what he doesn't do well and totally overlook what he does do well.

DoYouEvenLift
10-28-2016, 10:31 AM
If you're already considered a great offensive player and terrible defensive player, why do you need a great offensive coach who doesn't coach defense? Don't you want a coach that can improve your weaknesses?

spreedom
10-28-2016, 11:34 AM
If you're already considered a great offensive player and terrible defensive player, why do you need a great offensive coach who doesn't coach defense? Don't you want a coach that can improve your weaknesses?

This roster was built to run.

DoYouEvenLift
10-28-2016, 01:18 PM
They screwed up when they fired McHale, they made the WCF with him. Who knows though if Dwight stays or leave with McHale, he might of left anyway.

DevinHarriswillstart
10-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Meanwhile, Parsons to miss another week or two.

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/grizzlies-chandler-parsons-likely-to-miss-another-week-or-two/

EricaLubarsky
11-01-2016, 11:46 PM
Boogie going for the PFs

spreedom
11-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Just a few random observations from this young season so far:
Other than about 5-6 teams that you know will be in each conference's mix (Cleveland, Boston, Toronto, GSW, San Antonio, LA Clippers) and 5-6 teams that have absolutely no chance at making the playoffs (Sixers, Nets, Magic, Lakers, Suns) I love how wide open the league is this year. I feel like the margins between the #4 teams and #10 teams in both conferences is going to be relatively small.
Even among bad teams, almost every single game has either an intriguing matchup, a good-to-great team, or a must-see player or players. I can throw a dart at the schedule every night and find a game worth watching. This wasn't necessarily the case even last year but there are tons of great storylines to watch this season.
If the first week is any indication, the MVP race is going to be a ton of fun this year.

Underdog
11-02-2016, 07:53 PM
That's all fair criticism, but with D'Antoni so many people focus on what he doesn't do well and totally overlook what he does do well.

"The D’Antoni offense is even more complicated than I remember." (http://deadspin.com/fast-break-reinvented-1788514545)

DoYouEvenLift
11-03-2016, 09:57 PM
BREAKING NEWS: KD and RW did not interact!

The world can now continue (or end) as normal.

Melonhead
11-03-2016, 11:24 PM
KD acting like such a bitch this game. He's going off, but thats beside the point. Dude gets a weak ass and 1 and starts calling the defender a pussy. Arguing with Kantor on the bench. (kantor is no saint in this)

But what kills me is Durant's bravado. He has a championship team and consecutively the greatest regular season team insulating him. And he really thinks he has free range to be a punk on the court.

Underdog
11-03-2016, 11:48 PM
KD acting like such a bitch this game. He's going off, but thats beside the point. Dude gets a weak ass and 1 and starts calling the defender a pussy. Arguing with Kantor on the bench. (kantor is no saint in this)

But what kills me is Durant's bravado. He has a championship team and consecutively the greatest regular season team insulating him. And he really thinks he has free range to be a punk on the court.

+1

DoYouEvenLift
11-04-2016, 12:35 AM

This is the real Kevin Durant.

I don't mean like "he's being real" like a compliment either, this is who he really is, a punk biyatch. Out of him and Westbrook we thought it was Westbrook we had wrong. Really shows you can think you know somebody and maybe you don't really know them at all.

EricaLubarsky
11-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Actually gives me more respect for Westbrook. Guy is at least a competitor with a bit of class. Taunting and being a bad sport is going to shift the whole narrative to the Warriors being the bad guys.

Thebo
11-04-2016, 11:05 AM
I do not know what happened to this board with all the Westbrook and OKC diss that was going on before, but I've liked Russell ever since his vine response to KD's elope.

https://vine.co/v/5ahlFm5qjTw

No trash talk is going to help KD beat that in my eyes.

Even though I think it is not officially him? It is edited and I am not sure it is from his account. Still best though.

DevinHarriswillstart
11-04-2016, 11:30 AM
And yet I'd still take KD over Westbrook 10 times out of 10.

This game was going to have drama no matter what.

EricaLubarsky
11-04-2016, 12:03 PM
And yet I'd still take KD over Westbrook 10 times out of 10.

This game was going to have drama no matter what.

KD is a better piece that actually fits with others. Westbrook is a guy like Iverson or Love who will immediately take you from a lottery team to a playoff team but won't ever get you over the top.

Underdog
11-05-2016, 10:03 AM
As if losing to the Lakers wasn't bad enough; Stephen Curry's streak of 157 games with a made 3-pointer ends (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17974177/stephen-curry-golden-state-warriors-3-pointer-streak-snapped-157-games-los-angeles-lakers)

Melonhead
11-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Shocked to see Knicks go to Chicago and get a win. Even more shocking, Rose playing like a competent PG with 10 assists. Had been avg 2.5 leading into the game.

Bulls came back down to earth real fast consecutive losses. Keep on praising Rondo, it only makes the comedown that much better :)

EricaLubarsky
11-05-2016, 11:23 PM
https://s15.postimg.org/6kvj59rl7/IMG_0528.jpg

New Orleans has a star and no supporting cast. We have a supporting cast and no star

Thebo
11-06-2016, 03:32 AM
Aside from Mavs, Lakers and Sixers have been somewhat surprising. I find it hard to believe that Lakers are willing to give their pick to Sixers, so at some point they should start looking to lose and get top3 pick. In a month or so it should be clear what their strategy in terms of tanking/picks is going to be.

I really thought Sixers have decent cast right now. There might have been 2 games so far that perhaps they simply gave away, not sure since I did not watch those games. I guess they may really tank another season because of the strong draft.

Melonhead
11-06-2016, 11:01 AM
They screwed up when they fired McHale, they made the WCF with him. Who knows though if Dwight stays or leave with McHale, he might of left anyway.

Harden and staff was told by uppers to get the ball to Capela more last season. Of course Dwight eventually found out and was turned off the rest of the season

Melonhead
11-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Love seeing Houston lose. Dantoni will do what he's always done. 50 win team, lose in playoffs.

Dwight looks great in Atlanta.

LA Clippers look like the team to rival the Warriors. (Vomit)

And I cant wait to slowly watch the Bulls implode with Rondo.

sefant77
11-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Preseason Barnes > Chandler Parsons

Underdog
11-07-2016, 01:41 AM
Pelicans releasing Lance Stephenson (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17989677/new-orleans-pelicans-releasing-injured-lance-stephenson-sign-archie-goodwin)

bunkmoreland
11-07-2016, 08:30 AM
Parsons - attitude + health = Barnes

MavzMan
11-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Pop is be the greatest interview of all time, and it's not even close.

You've voted? Pop: "I've already voted." Who did you vote for? "Don Nelson"

On Tim Duncan. "We're like in love, we text all the time." Do you use emojis? "Only the ones where you blow kisses."

EricaLubarsky
11-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Pop is be the greatest interview of all time, and it's not even close.

You've voted? Pop: "I've already voted." Who did you vote for? "Don Nelson"

On Tim Duncan. "We're like in love, we text all the time." Do you use emojis? "Only the ones where you blow kisses."

I'd take him 9 times out of 10 to Rick, 10 times out of 10 over Cuban, and even 10 times out of 10 over our current presidential candidates for president.

EricaLubarsky
11-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Poor Anthony Davis

Bryan_Wilson
11-19-2016, 10:51 PM
Wolves were picked as a favorite to move into that 6-9 spot in the West. Yet, even though they have 2 former #1's who both were rookie of the year's, they have a whole team full of lotto picks, just added Thibs as coach, added Dunn with #5 overall pick. And they still may be picking in the top 10 next year at this rate. Mavs are riddled with injuries and are playing scrubs, we scored 64 vs Grizz. Tonight,with the Grizz on a back to back, Wolves managed only 71. Makes them 4-8 to start the year.

This is why I'm all for being a top pick this year, but IMO next year's free agency is just as important as the draft.

Melonhead
11-20-2016, 11:48 AM
Wolves were picked as a favorite to move into that 6-9 spot in the West. Yet, even though they have 2 former #1's who both were rookie of the year's, they have a whole team full of lotto picks, just added Thibs as coach, added Dunn with #5 overall pick. And they still may be picking in the top 10 next year at this rate. Mavs are riddled with injuries and are playing scrubs, we scored 64 vs Grizz. Tonight,with the Grizz on a back to back, Wolves managed only 71. Makes them 4-8 to start the year.

This is why I'm all for being a top pick this year, but IMO next year's free agency is just as important as the draft.

The west is pretty soft this year so I wouldnt be surprised if they still sneak in to a playoff spot.

Warriors
Clippers
Spurs

Thunder
Memphis
Rockets

After those 2 tiers, you have a group of

Blazers, Jazz, Lakers, Nuggets, Timberwolves

If they dont make it, I still see them just barely missing. I also dont think its a guarantee that Thunder get in the top 6 as they are now. Westbrook will wear out at some point.

EricaLubarsky
11-20-2016, 07:23 PM
Parsons sitting with a sore knee

Thebo
11-20-2016, 08:05 PM
We all know it is going to take until January-February before Parsons gets healthy. Got to admit though, I am looking forward to seeing what Grizzlies can do when everyone is healthy for 10 games or so during the season.

Another downside of Parsons' injuries was that he missed playoffs and then 3 months from next season's calendar.

tap2390
11-23-2016, 09:29 AM
Nick young steals a pass intended for his own teammate, travels, hits a long three to win game with 5 seconds left when a 2 pointer would've won the game. Seriously the cajones on this guy now that Kobe isn't mentally intimidating everyone on the team.

https://i.imgur.com/Ob27Xl5.gifv

Bryan_Wilson
11-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Kevin Love new 1st quarter record 34 points, he's 11/14 shooting 8/10 from 3.

Aaaaaaaaaaand then he gets 1 shot attempt in the 2nd. Barely touched the ball too, wasn't the defense shifting to him.

DevinHarriswillstart
11-24-2016, 12:15 AM
Pelicans won and are now 6-10. Mavs definitely picked the right season to tank.

Bryan_Wilson
11-24-2016, 12:21 AM
Pelicans won and are now 6-10. Mavs definitely picked the right season to tank.

Meanwhile, the perennial lotto drafting Wolves with the 2 most recent rookie of the year's drop to 4-10.

dirt_dobber
11-24-2016, 04:52 AM
Lakers coach Luke Walton after his team's 149-106 loss to Golden State:
"The 47 assists* on [53] field goals is one of the greatest stats I've ever heard or seen. Unfortunately, it happened against us."

*Mavs thus far this season avg 17.3 per game...

tap2390
11-28-2016, 11:49 PM
Westbrook officially averaging a triple double for the season. The guy has the same killer instinct Kobe had. He just wants to destroy the opposition, I love watching him play.

DevinHarriswillstart
11-29-2016, 12:12 PM
Westbrook officially averaging a triple double for the season. The guy has the same killer instinct Kobe had. He just wants to destroy the opposition, I love watching him play.

I think Westbrook needed Durant to leave to flourish like he has.

The problem still remains though that he just isn't a very good shooter. He obviously has other skills to make up for it, but can he consistently hit those clutch shots the way Kobe and Dirk did? I still feel like he can shoot you out of a game if he doesn't focus.

EricaLubarsky
11-29-2016, 12:56 PM
I respect his fire, but dude doesn't play particularly well with others and can't get you far by himself.

EricaLubarsky
11-29-2016, 02:26 PM
Conley out "indefinitely" due to a transverse process fracture in his lower back

-Tmac

Feel terrible for him. Breaking your back is awful and he seemed like a good dude.

On the other hand, Im glad Im not paying him 26mill

DevinHarriswillstart
11-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Feel terrible for him. Breaking your back is awful and he seemed like a good dude.

Conley always has some injury to deal with...as does Parsons.

Golly a lot of money for two players that can't make it through a season.

Melonhead
11-29-2016, 03:38 PM

Wish him a speedy recovery, I hope he comes back 100%.

On one hand, Im grinning because Parsons thought he was hot shit as far as Ill talk to Conley and team up with him in Memphis. Now theyre both hurt.

On the other, Conley being out takes the heat off of Parsons and his bum ass knees and he will get a pass for most of this season.

Thebo
11-29-2016, 04:30 PM
I do not think Parsons gets pass for Conley being out. Parsons is viewed having good passing skills, so when he is on the floor, he will have show them.

I used to like Conley a lot. I do not have any problems with him, just Mavs get bigger attention, even this season. I think that whole league knew this was coming. They lost Randolph and now Conley. I do not know what it is but even Bulls did not have such injury problems when Thibodeau was running his players to the ground. Hard to imagine it is just coincidence that Grizzlies have signed all players who are really prone to injuries.

On good news,
http://fansided.com/2016/11/29/chicago-bulls-trade-rajon-rondo/

Bryan_Wilson
12-06-2016, 12:19 AM
Klay has 57 points in 27mins played right now lol.
-Edit-
Make that 60 in 29mins.

EricaLubarsky
12-06-2016, 03:12 PM
-Edit-
Make that 60 in 29mins.

He might become something some day. We should make him an offer.

DevinHarriswillstart
12-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Looking at the box score of that game...man whatever happened to Al Jefferson? A shell of his former self for sure.

Melonhead
12-06-2016, 04:01 PM
-Edit-
Make that 60 in 29mins.

Here's my sour grapes post of the day:

He couldnt do that if he was on any other team than the Warriors.
Klay took 11 dribbles and had the ball for 88 seconds to score 60. Lot of screens/backcuts to the rim. Only 24 points from 3s. Too many other stars on the floor to focus on just one person. When comparing to others high points (Dirk, Kobe, etc) I dont view Klay as impressive as theirs.

On top of that he tweeted, thanks team for setting me up all night. Dont think I had to take more than 5 dribbles...

mac222b
12-07-2016, 04:22 AM
Here's my sour grapes post of the day:

He couldnt do that if he was on any other team than the Warriors.
Klay took 11 dribbles and had the ball for 88 seconds to score 60. Lot of screens/backcuts to the rim. Only 24 points from 3s. Too many other stars on the floor to focus on just one person. When comparing to others high points (Dirk, Kobe, etc) I dont view Klay as impressive as theirs.

On top of that he tweeted, thanks team for setting me up all night. Dont think I had to take more than 5 dribbles...

Cool that he acknowledged them though. Can you imagine Kobe doing that?

Thebo
12-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Looking at the box score of that game...man whatever happened to Al Jefferson? A shell of his former self for sure.

I noticed it already when Pacers were playing against Mavs. I was a fan of him when he played in Minnesota. Still hate T-Wolves for trading him, even though you can look back and say it was a good move. Biggest issue I have had with Jefferson is that he is used as a center. He is in no way center, not tall enough and does not give you defense needed to match up against other centers. He is power forward.

I guess injuries have not helped and also playing so long for teams that are not even trying to get anywhere. Perhaps Hornets were, but did not work out.

After that Pacers vs Mavs game, I instantly thought that man, 10 mil salary for 15 min a game player? His market value was already down this summer, I do not remember anyone chasing him before Pacers signed him. If my memory serves correct, he was amongst the last players signed, yet Pacers gave him 10.

EricaLubarsky
12-08-2016, 04:05 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--n68BuUkC--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/sqs21c6bhvk2ov1otg1x.gif

DevinHarriswillstart
12-09-2016, 11:42 AM
I wonder if those rumors about a disgruntled LMA before the season were true. Guy is playing like ass this season.

Underdog
12-09-2016, 08:36 PM
I wonder if those rumors about a disgruntled LMA before the season were true. Guy is playing like ass this season.

What's he disgruntled about? He's playing for one of the best franchises in the league and is surrounded by all kinds of talent, both on & off the court... Situations don't get any better than this.

Bryan_Wilson
12-09-2016, 09:43 PM
What's he disgruntled about? He's playing for one of the best franchises in the league and is surrounded by all kinds of talent, both on & off the court... Situations don't get any better than this.

If I had to guess it's because iirc he specifically said he did not want to play center when he joined the Spurs. Last year he split time nearly 50/50 from the 4 and 5. This year it's down but maybe he was disgruntled last year and into the off season because we heard about the possible trade at nearly the start of the season. Maybe he also doesn't like Kawi being "the man" like he supposedly resented Lillard for. That's all I can think of really.

Bryan_Wilson
12-10-2016, 12:26 PM
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/807633120866418688
To the surprise of nobody outside of Houston... Harden's defense hurts the rockettes so much the team plays better when he's off the floor. "Harden carries the team, he has to use all his energy on offense to carry the Rockets". What a huge load of shit.

Melonhead
12-10-2016, 08:47 PM

Ive heard those rumors more than once too. Said not to be surprised that he wont be on the team much longer. As in this season

dirt_dobber
12-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Russ being Russ tonight - without KD there to keep
Him in check his personality is going to cost his team
Some wins. There is something kind of Jeckyl and Hyde about him

DevinHarriswillstart
12-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Russ being Russ tonight - without KD there to keep
Him in check his personality is going to cost his team
Some wins. There is something kind of Jeckyl and Hyde about him

Nailed it. Him kicking the ball away from Lillard was as low class as you get.

It'll be interesting to see if you can be a superstar in this league without the ability to shoot the ball. Westbrook has everything except that ability. He is too streaky for his own good, and is too stubborn to not take the bad shots.

sefant77
12-15-2016, 06:19 PM
RIP Craig Sager

And Fuck you 2016

Bryan_Wilson
12-15-2016, 08:45 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/809539141750947840

What a bizarre story this has turned out to be. Passed physical with Nets, they make an offer... Houston matches it. Houston fails his physical, then renounce him and now he can sign with anyone except the Nets.

DevinHarriswillstart
12-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Def don't want this nut job on the Mavs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtlNnXEON4

Underdog
12-17-2016, 01:40 PM
Def don't want this nut job on the Mavs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtlNnXEON4

I thought it was Harrison at first when I read "Barnes" -- thank goodness I forgot about Matt.

sefant77
12-17-2016, 05:19 PM
I prefer to lose games than having this asshole on the team.

Thebo
12-17-2016, 05:59 PM
I may be alone in this but I do not have issue with his attitude. Firstly, I do not know his background with his family, there may be (emotional) reasons why he is so protective when it comes to his family. Secondly, this passion can be good when translated onto court, assuming it will not hurt his game. This attitude can be beneficial when building team mentality and you need some toughness. Look at his game, he is giving his all when he is playing, it is not like he is turning into Lamar Odom in one season. Also, he did not get physical and was in control of his emotions, it would not have surprised me one bit if he would have attacked the reporter, given his record of being headache.

Blake Griffin went much further when he hit Matias Testi.

Only problem is that this kind of attitude can be hurtful within Mavs. Mavs do not have good record with this kind of headaches.

Melonhead
12-17-2016, 09:58 PM
I may be alone in this but I do not have issue with his attitude. Firstly, I do not know his background with his family, there may be (emotional) reasons why he is so protective when it comes to his family. Secondly, this passion can be good when translated onto court, assuming it will not hurt his game. This attitude can be beneficial when building team mentality and you need some toughness. Look at his game, he is giving his all when he is playing, it is not like he is turning into Lamar Odom in one season. Also, he did not get physical and was in control of his emotions, it would not have surprised me one bit if he would have attacked the reporter, given his record of being headache.

Blake Griffin went much further when he hit Matias Testi.

Only problem is that this kind of attitude can be hurtful within Mavs. Mavs do not have good record with this kind of headaches.

Youre okay with him and his brother assaulting people at clubs? Because his anger is coming from questions about that. And he's done it on more than one occasion

Thebo
12-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Youre okay with him and his brother assaulting people at clubs? Because his anger is coming from questions about that. And he's done it on more than one occasion

Morris twins had their fun and have not been in the news for similar things happening again. What makes a deal breaker with DMC for me is following:

“He is a bully, to be sure,” said Bee columnist Ailene Voisin, who has extensive experience covering the NBA, as well as the NFL and MLB. “He bullies everybody. He bullies his coaches, his teammates, team employees, reporters.

Can not see how Boogie would work out in a situation where there is strong coaching and winning culture. He has been spoiled in Sacramento which actually may look as if he is pleased to be there. I thought he would be looking a way out but right now I think he actually may like it in Sacramento.

I am not strongly advocating for signing Cousins. Actually, he is not getting free this summer, so there is not much to talk about. My doubts over him started when he said he respected Rondo... Can not have a guy like that wearing Mavericks' uniform. Cousins is able to a lot when he is playing but perhaps he is the cancer holding Kings back.

tap2390
12-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Big fat NO to Cousins. Culture is underrated; the elite organizations (Spurs, Patriots) are built on and all for one and one for all culture. The talent is not worth the headache. Not to mention a real man doesn't bully senior citizens for doing their job.

spreedom
12-19-2016, 06:56 PM
It doesn't matter because we're about 25th on the list of teams with the best assets to acquire a player like Boogie, but I would say that it's very premature to say that he couldn't fit in with a strong organization. All we know is that he's had 7 coaches in 7 years and a front office that's equally incompetent. We have absolutely no idea how good he could be if he had stability and talent around him.

hayth.james.g
12-19-2016, 08:57 PM
It doesn't matter because we're about 25th on the list of teams with the best assets to acquire a player like Boogie, but I would say that it's very premature to say that he couldn't fit in with a strong organization. All we know is that he's had 7 coaches in 7 years and a front office that's equally incompetent. We have absolutely no idea how good he could be if he had stability and talent around him.

Your right.. it's much more likely that there was an issue with 7 different coaches ability to coach effectively... OR maybe it's that 7 different coaches were unable to deal with him. Common denominator anyone?

EricaLubarsky
12-19-2016, 09:15 PM

I'd say that you are wrong on both accounts

1) We have one of the most promising assets if we're willing to offer a first rounder and change

2) The common denominator is that Boogie is talented, but bullies his teammates, coaches, and FO staff. What happens if he comes here and can't bully our strong coaching staff? Will he magically be good like you say? Or more likely, will he become discontent like Antoine Walker and Rajon Rondo? It's easier to ease someone into more freedom than it is to suddenly take away a player's freedom.

spreedom
12-20-2016, 07:50 AM
I don't agree with the narrative that he "bullied" people on his team... Yes he has bouts of immaturity, especially on the court, and those shouldn't be tolerated, but again, the Kings have been argually the most poorly-run franchise in the last 10 years, and they're no closer to either competing or rebuilding than they were at the start. The on-court product just has to get better, but I don't place much, if any of that blame on Boogie. He's a top-10 player in this league, flareups notwithstanding. And I would hope we could have a more productive, nuanced conversation than you saying that I think he'd "magically" become a perfect player simply by getting traded. Come on. My point is that he hasn't had a chance on a real team yet and that we don't know how he'd respond. Personally, I feel like a strong environment would be good for a player who I think needs stability more than anything else.

spreedom
12-20-2016, 08:14 AM
Your right.. it's much more likely that there was an issue with 7 different coaches ability to coach effectively... OR maybe it's that 7 different coaches were unable to deal with him. Common denominator anyone?

No team in the NBA, regardless of record, should cycle through coaches that quickly. You have a zero percent chance of success if that's what you choose to do. Blame Boogie if you want, but the rosters around him have been terrible and they haven't made a single good decision at head coach since they promoted Mike Malone.

DevinHarriswillstart
12-20-2016, 09:58 AM
What good is being a top 10 talent if you can't get your team to even .500 every year? And I mean not even close to .500 basketball.

Blaming everything on the roster and coaches is just as much as an excuse as saying it's not fair to Cousins that he has had so many coaches. He is the type of guy that likely wouldn't work with a Pop or Rick because they demand a lot. I could possibly seem a more player friendly coach like D'Antoni working out though.

And if you trade for him, then you are going to be paying him what looks to be a loooot of money in the new CBA. That is a huge, huge risk for a big question mark of a superstar player. Basically putting all your eggs into one basket.

Bryan_Wilson
12-20-2016, 10:31 AM
I'm with Tap on this one. Regardless of the very poor organization he's had to deal with you can't behave in the way he behaved. This is not an isolated incident and there really is no excuse for how he has behaved his entire professional career. He can have a pass before he was a professional and he can maybe have an adjustment period to start his career about how to conduct himself. But this is his 7th season now, and he's still throwing tantrums on and off the floor like a spoiled brat.

DevinHarriswillstart
12-20-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm with Tap on this one. Regardless of the very poor organization he's had to deal with you can't behave in the way he behaved. This is not an isolated incident and there really is no excuse for how he has behaved his entire professional career. He can have a pass before he was a professional and he can maybe have an adjustment period to start his career about how to conduct himself. But this is his 7th season now, and he's still throwing tantrums on and off the floor like a spoiled brat.

Here is a list of the his issues...

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article122042604.html

12 incidents is a lot.

Bryan_Wilson
12-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Here is a list of the his issues...

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article122042604.html

12 incidents is a lot.

Wow that's ridiculous. Simply no excuse for a player to have a list like that.

tap2390
12-25-2016, 05:16 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Kyrie >>>> Curry.

Bryan_Wilson
12-25-2016, 05:20 PM
I honestly didn't like the way the game ended. Jefferson contact on Durant was incidental so I get the no call but I hate seeing games end like that. GSW's can't win games while being that sloppy either. They were really careless with the ball in that 4th it looked to me.

DevinHarriswillstart
12-27-2016, 04:57 AM
Comment of the evening from a disgruntled Griz fan...

"Chandler Parson is so so garbage I don't believe it...@ grizzlies #wasted$…where is Bonzie Wells when you need him...lol"

Thebo
12-27-2016, 05:14 AM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/chandler-parsons-gif.gif

sefant77
12-28-2016, 12:51 PM
DNP Rest after playing 12 minutes the night before. lol

Thebo
12-28-2016, 10:33 PM
Oh boy, Nets were so close winning against Chicago... Butler had none of it, helped by Foye's bad inbound pass.

Bryan_Wilson
12-29-2016, 02:17 AM
Wolves really pissing me off. KAT, Wiggins, and Lavine with all their athleticism combine for 6 FTA's and lose another game.... to Denver. My only hope is that Thibs finds a way to get them to play winning basketball sooner rather than later because the 3-4 times I've actually watched a game, I've come a way very unimpressed.

Thebo
12-29-2016, 08:44 AM
I may have missed it but what exactly caused fallout between Monroe and Bucks?

I wonder if Jason Kidd would help Mavs one more time and trade Monroe and top 14 protected 1st round pick for Bogut + Powell...

When it comes to Wolves... The Curse of Minnesota. It is not surprising and that is reason why I am still waiting to see if they can realize their talent or not.

sefant77
12-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Monroe just sucks ass, his defense is non-existent, making him overall a net negative on the court. No thanks.

I would love to snatch Nurkic. Jokic is future in Denver and the Twin Tower experiment failed allready.

Thebo
12-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Monroe just sucks ass, his defense is non-existent, making him overall a net negative on the court. No thanks.

I would love to snatch Nurkic. Jokic is future in Denver and the Twin Tower experiment failed allready.

His defense is what makes this trade so workable. Mavs stay bad or get even worse and add late 1st round pick.

sefant77
12-29-2016, 10:56 PM
Monroes contract expires at the end of next season. Pretty sure the Bucks would prefer to dump Henson instead (after this season still 3y/32m left).

But no, they are not risking their pick in this strong draft for such marginal moves. Powells contract looks like ass too...

Underdog
12-30-2016, 09:29 PM
Rajon Rondo benched in second half for second time in a week (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18379353/chicago-bulls-keep-rajon-rondo-bench-again-second-half)

Cancer.

Bryan_Wilson
12-30-2016, 09:40 PM
Rajon Rondo benched in second half for second time in a week (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18379353/chicago-bulls-keep-rajon-rondo-bench-again-second-half)

Cancer.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SarcasticCaringBrahmanbull.gif

DevinHarriswillstart
12-30-2016, 10:39 PM

Cancer.

If only MCW could stay healthy to take his spot...

DevinHarriswillstart
12-31-2016, 06:16 PM
If only MCW could stay healthy to take his spot...

Looks like the gods saw my post as MCW will be starting tonight against the Bucks.

sefant77
01-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Rondo is soon gone...and out of the league. Hello China....

Damn arrogant prick

Thebo
01-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Rondo is soon gone...and out of the league. Hello China....

Damn arrogant prick

Good riddance when that happens.

Skywalker
01-03-2017, 09:22 AM
I'm more than happy with him destroying the Bulls as long as Wade is there tbh

Underdog
01-03-2017, 09:41 AM
I'm more than happy with him destroying the Bulls as long as Wade is there tbh

2 birds, 1 stone.

EricaLubarsky
01-03-2017, 10:46 AM
2 birds, 1 cup.

fixed

mac222b
01-04-2017, 12:53 AM
fixed

Greatness

DevinHarriswillstart
01-05-2017, 10:54 AM
You know things are bad when Festus Ezeli is trying to motivate your team to play better...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c-j-mccollum-doesnt-let-inactive-festus-ezeli-lecture-blazers-after-tough-loss/

Bryan_Wilson
01-05-2017, 06:16 PM
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/05/2017-all-star-ballot-first-returns-official-release

Zaza again with the massive support from home I'm guessing haha.

EricaLubarsky
01-05-2017, 06:26 PM
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/01/05/2017-all-star-ballot-first-returns-official-release

Zaza again with the massive support from home I'm guessing haha.

Wow. Dude isn't even in my top 15 frontcourt players in the West

Gobert, Jordan, Kanter, and Cousins are all better centers in a conference that is admittedly weak at C

Davis, Durant, Leonard, Barnes, Jokic, Aldridge, and Green are all better forwards

Could be a first that a guy goes to the Allstar Game with 5pts, 6reb

Skywalker
01-05-2017, 07:15 PM
Wow. Dude isn't even in my top 15 frontcourt players in the West

Gobert, Jordan, Kanter, and Cousins are all better centers in a conference that is admittedly weak at C

Davis, Durant, Leonard, Barnes, Jokic, Aldridge, and Green are all better forwards

Could be a first that a guy goes to the Allstar Game with 5pts, 6reb

I'd love to see that, just for the lolz (and because Zaza is a great guy by all accounts), tbh...but it's not happening with the new system the league is introducing this year

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1buzIaUsAAEE3d.jpg:large

Underdog
01-05-2017, 07:52 PM
@ShamsCharania: Atlanta is finalizing a deal to send guard Kyle Korver to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

:eek:

Bryan_Wilson
01-05-2017, 07:58 PM
@ShamsCharania: Atlanta is finalizing a deal to send guard Kyle Korver to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Wow, he will fit in perfectly there.

Bryan_Wilson
01-05-2017, 08:32 PM

Woj- Sources: Atlanta and Cleveland are finalizing terms on Korver deal, with Mike Dunleavy Jr., likely moving onto a third team through Atlanta.

Bryan_Wilson
01-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Lots of speculation that this could be domino one of a rebuild that would include moving Milsap.

Underdog
01-05-2017, 08:38 PM
Lots of speculation that this could be domino one of a rebuild that would include moving Milsap.

I'm sure this is exactly what Dwight Howard signed up for...

Underdog
01-05-2017, 08:39 PM
@WindhorstESPN: Cavs are making a separate deal with Blazers. They will trade their 2017 1st to get their 2018 first back, sources said.

@WojVerticalNBA: For now, Dunleavy could park in Atlanta, but Hawks are motivated to him elsewhere, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Bryan_Wilson
01-05-2017, 08:51 PM
Woj- As Atlanta moves Korver to Cleveland, Hawks are actively in trade talks with several teams on Paul Milsap, league sources tell @TheVertical.

And it's happening.

Bryan_Wilson
01-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Looking like a 1st for Korver then if they are trading to get their 1st back this year? Maybe Bogut can be worth a 1 after all.....

Bryan_Wilson
01-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Looking like a 1st for Korver then if they are trading to get their 1st back this year? Maybe Bogut can be worth a 1 after all.....

The Cavaliers and Hawks are still finalizing the terms of the trade, with a 2019 first-round pick and Mike Dunleavy Jr. going to Atlanta, league sources said.

The Hawks have been searching for a third team to acquire Dunleavy Jr., but he could park in Atlanta for now, league sources told The Vertical.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-cavs-acquire-sharpshooter-kyle-korver-014038804.html

EricaLubarsky
01-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Good god, it's an arms race.

Too bad GSW can't take Bogut back. Might be fun to see every team in the league just dump talent on GSW and CLE

Underdog
01-05-2017, 10:22 PM
@RealSkipBayless: How does LeBron keep getting such valuable help - JR, Shump, Frye, now KYLE KORVER??? Does he call commish, say hey, get me Korver???

Bryan_Wilson
01-06-2017, 02:55 AM
Frye is shooting a career-high 46.5 percent from 3-point range this season, and that's not some kind of crazy coincidence. He found his chemistry with James during the playoffs last year -- he made 56.5 percent of his 3s in the postseason -- and he's been rolling ever since. If anyone can tell Korver about the LeBron effect, it's him.

Much has been made of Korver losing a step over the last couple of seasons. He looks slower, his shooting has regressed from holy s--! to wow! and, well, he's 35 years old. Still, he has a 60.8 percent effective field percentage on catch-and-shoot attempts and is making 49 percent of his wide-open 3-pointers this season, per NBA.com. Translation: you can't leave him open, and James will be constantly looking to set him up for 3-pointers the same way he did with Ray Allen years ago.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/why-the-cleveland-cavaliers-and-kyle-korver-are-a-perfect-fit/

Ugh....

mac222b
01-06-2017, 02:28 PM

Could go either way. Maybe Celtics are less inclined to deal for Bogut after this. Is Toronto a viable option if Raps don't swing a deal for Millsap?

BPo001
01-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Marc Stein: Denver’s Alonzo Gee, Dallas’ Pierre Jackson and Phoenix’s John Jenkins were also waived today, sources say
– via Twitter ESPNSteinLine

DevinHarriswillstart
01-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Sixers won so there is still hope for a top three pick.

EricaLubarsky
01-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Sixers won so there is still hope for a top three pick.

East will be the East. I think we're going to have to tank really hard to beat Philly (10 wins) , Miami (11 wins) and Brooklyn (8 wins)

On the other hand, we play the Wolves tomorrow. If we can somehow manage to lose that game, we'll be in sole possession of last place in the West and 4th worst record overall.

Thebo
01-09-2017, 10:28 AM
East will be the East. I think we're going to have to tank really hard to beat Philly (10 wins) , Miami (11 wins) and Brooklyn (8 wins)

Hope is Ben Simmons changes things when he is healthy. Both teams are also having issues with point guards not being able to play. Mavs are stacked with serviceable point guards... Perhaps they should help both teams out...

Anyways, I hope Mavs end up with top5 pick. It is not too unrealistic and Mavs are mostly competing with Heat with who ends up having sixth pick. Pat Riley has obviously been trying to tank.

sefant77
01-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Riley has no shame and is going to outtank everyone. First thing will be him shipping out Dragic at the TDL.

Sixers are still too young, i also dont see us outtanking the three leastern teams...

EricaLubarsky
01-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Derrick Rose did not show up for the New York Knicks' game on Monday against the New Orleans Pelicans.

"There are team officials, teammates and close associates unclear of reason for Derrick Rose's absence for Knicks-Pelicans at MSG," wrote Wojnarowski.

Uh oh

Thebo
01-10-2017, 12:02 AM
Uh oh

According to the reports, he misplaced one of his glass knees and could not find it in time. One the lighter tone, he helped Pelicans to win one, which is good for the Mavs.

sefant77
01-10-2017, 08:19 AM
Knicks are going to blow it up too, trade Carmella and taaank

EricaLubarsky
01-10-2017, 12:05 PM
@FisolaNYDN
There are strong indications that Derrick Rose returned to his hometown of Chicago.

Rose says it's a "family situation" and flew back to Chicago, but it was the day after he was benched and he did not contact the team in any way prior to the game. The Rose/Rondo years may be up finally.

DevinHarriswillstart
01-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Yeah family situation my ass. Teams need to start cracking down on this crap. Rose is just butt sore with the knowledge that no team is going to give him a big extension.

Thebo
01-12-2017, 01:22 AM
Great night for Mavs. Sixers winning, even though Rose found his knees and dropped 25. Double whammy for Wolves kicking Harden's butt. Portland beating Cavs gives mixed feelings. They are slightly edging away from chasing 9th team, but at the same time Mavs' public hopes of playoffs also get dimmer, which is nice.

And Parsons, who was supposed to be off from 15-min restriction, ends up with 18 minutes and 14 points. Scoring stat looks fine, but 0 rebounds once again proves why I never valued him as highly.

Mavs have to keep losing during this tough time. Once 8th spot of Portland has gone away and built enough distance, we will see teams tanking. Although I do not get how Suns are not already tanking.

On the East side, I really thought that Knicks would be a low-seeded playoff team. They can end up in the playoffs, but they are still outside looking in.

Bryan_Wilson
01-12-2017, 09:12 AM
https://twitter.com/SeanCunningham/status/819076297179598848

What an awkward moment... one reporter says no comment, the other says no lol.

DevinHarriswillstart
01-12-2017, 11:15 AM
https://twitter.com/SeanCunningham/status/819076297179598848

What an awkward moment... one reporter says no comment, the other says no lol.

It is rather interesting to see what happens when the reporters are put in the spotlight. Clever move by a guy who has had issues with writers.

Bryan_Wilson
01-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Nuggets just hung 140 on Indiana for their 15th win.

Budapest Maverick
01-14-2017, 07:58 AM
The Sixers and the Wolves look amazing right now. It's like they are finally realizing how much talent they have. Thibs taking his head out of his behind helped too, and now that they let Rubio have the ball in his hand, they look like an easy playoff team. Let's see if they can do their thing against us as well. Fingers crossed.

EricaLubarsky
01-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Grizz are impressive, despite Parsons being utter trash.

Parsons 1-7 and not much else (-11), but they top the Rockets. They're the giant killers this year. Allen went 9-10.

Bryan_Wilson
01-16-2017, 06:54 PM
76ers won again. 6-2 in their last 8.

Bryan_Wilson
01-17-2017, 12:06 AM
https://www.follownews.com/after-lebron-flops-after-foul-draymond-green-mocks-him-video-2enk0

spreedom
01-17-2017, 02:22 AM
Dirty play by Draymond, muted somewhat by LeBron's overly dramatic pose at the end.

Bryan_Wilson
01-17-2017, 02:50 AM
Dirty play by Draymond, muted somewhat by LeBron's overly dramatic pose at the end.

I thought it was a hard foul for sure, borderline dirty maybe. But Lebron's sniper in the crowd imitation was over the top. He would have got the call without that embellishment I thought. As Harp would say- "He fouled him out there in front of God and everybody".

tap2390
01-17-2017, 09:06 AM
Draymond' going to get what's coming to him. The dirty, obnoxious twats always do.

DevinHarriswillstart
01-17-2017, 05:10 PM
Woj reporting that the Wolves are actively trying to trade Rubio.

His game is very similar to Rondo's. Just seems like it's hard to impossible for a guard to make it today's game if you can't shoot.

Bryan_Wilson
01-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Woj reporting that the Wolves are actively trying to trade Rubio.

His game is very similar to Rondo's. Just seems like it's hard to impossible for a guard to make it today's game if you can't shoot.

Agreed. I will say he is infinitely better at defense at this stage of their careers though. But still...

Hard Pass.

Bryan_Wilson
01-17-2017, 08:06 PM
CP3 out 6-8 weeks with ligament tear in his thumb.

Thebo
01-17-2017, 08:28 PM
I would not mind Rubio. You would have to give up guard though, with Powell. I do not like Rubio on 3 year contract, though. Why I like Rubio? He will help lose games and I would gladly give up Harris with Powell to keep Seth his minutes.

Underdog
01-17-2017, 09:18 PM
I would not mind Rubio. You would have to give up guard though, with Powell. I do not like Rubio on 3 year contract, though. Why I like Rubio? He will help lose games and I would gladly give up Harris with Powell to keep Seth his minutes.

But what good is it to get a high pick in a draft that's loaded with PGs when you have Rubio under contract for the next couple seasons?

Plus, anything you give up to get him will be a waste of assets because I'm gonna kneecap him the second he sets foot in Dallas...

EricaLubarsky
01-17-2017, 09:41 PM
Rubio is awful. He's not good or young enough to be our future and he's too expensive and has too long a contract to be a stopgap.

Thebo
01-17-2017, 10:45 PM
But what good is it to get a high pick in a draft that's loaded with PGs when you have Rubio under contract for the next couple seasons?

I can give you that. With all of this mess Mavs trying to lose, it is hard to keep in mind that Mavs will draft PG. Although they may end up not having any good enough available once their pick comes.

Rubio's contract is not awful. It is just 1 year too long. Mavs are not going to get any big names this offseasons, mainly because there are none available in a position that Mavs have a need at. (other than Greg Monroe and nobody wants him on a big long term contract).

I am only open to trade for Rubio because it will make Mavs worse. This season and next season. I have zero belief that he would develop jumpshot. Rondo has proven that, although his own ego has inhibited it. But another example is MCW who spent a season under Kidd's guidance - both similar style of players, yet even Kidd could not make MCW understand that he needs to hit threes to have any value in this league.

Oh yeah, I want to add that with Rubio I want two 2nd round draft picks at minimum also. Or lottery protected 1st. I am not talking about straight trade for Rubio.

Bryan_Wilson
01-18-2017, 06:17 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-wolves-trying-to-trade-ricky-rubio-before-deadline-7-teams-that-make-sense/

According to this they are trying to move Shabazz with Rubio. And they are wanting a stop gap pg in return to bridge the gap to Dunn playing in the future. And this doesn't read like a dump situation, more like a give us something in return situation. I'm not touching either of those dudes without getting a 1st and or Dieng/Lavine/Wiggins and they aren't putting any of those in it looks like. Not to mention I would be shocked if Dwill would agree to go to Minnesota and if Minnesota wanted him on only a 1 year deal when the goal is a stop gap.

Dtownsfinest
01-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Man is it incredible to watch the Greek Freak play........my goodness....

sefant77
01-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Cant enjoy it because i get incredible mad at Cuban

Bryan_Wilson
01-19-2017, 03:40 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/01/19/russell-westbrook-zaza-pachulia-flagrant-foul-revenge-thunder-warriors/96757376/

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/821960113682546688

Bryan_Wilson
01-19-2017, 01:13 PM
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/821950269080686592

There's traveling... and then there's what RWB did.

Bryan_Wilson
01-19-2017, 01:59 PM
https://twitter.com/peteredmiston/status/821939501006254082
Since Christmas, the Grizzlies have a Net Rating of -11 in 1st halves and +11 in 2nd halves. Opponents shoot 49% in 1st and 42% in 2nd.

It's almost as if... they have a player who is primarily only playing first halves due to minutes restrictions and couldn't stop a cold...

EricaLubarsky
01-19-2017, 02:22 PM

It's almost as if... they have a player who is primarily only playing first halves due to minutes restrictions and couldn't stop a cold...

Ha!

sefant77
01-19-2017, 03:31 PM

Dont say such evil things...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--4fG6t2cT--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/cb3vit5pfukwyoi1pygx.png

EricaLubarsky
01-19-2017, 05:35 PM
Parsons is a net negative for them which is hilarious, since he's the second highest paid guy on the team at 22million a year.

Biggest surprise? Their offensive efficiency is worse with him on the floor and the defensive on/off isn't awful

He only costs the team 0.5 pp100 on defense, but his team scores 1.8 points per 100 possessions better when he's on the bench or taking selfies at home.

Bryan_Wilson
01-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Wow RWB not a starter for All star game.

Thebo
01-19-2017, 10:31 PM
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/821960113682546688

Philadelphia has the right to swap its 2017 1st round pick for Sacramento's 2017 1st round pick protected for selections 11-30 (if this pick falls within its protected range, then Philadelphia's swap right and Sacramento's obligation to Philadelphia will be extinguished) [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015]

#InsideJob
Big coincidence that Philly starts winning and suddenly Gay gets injured.

Dtownsfinest
01-20-2017, 01:05 AM
Cant enjoy it because i get incredible mad at Cuban

I do too man.....but man is he incredible. To have had that in Dallas would've...........just wow.

Melonhead
01-20-2017, 12:27 PM
I dont know the word for how I feel when watching Giannis play. Id say bittersweet but theres nothing sweet about it. His body control when driving down the lane is insane to watch. His two steps start at the FT line, slows his body down, lay up or slam.

DevinHarriswillstart
01-20-2017, 01:45 PM
And to think we sacrificed drafting Giannis for a chance at Dwight Howard who the Rockets didn't want back and was on Atlanta's trading block until just recently. Epic. Fail.

Melonhead
01-20-2017, 02:23 PM
And to think we sacrificed drafting Giannis for a chance at Dwight Howard who the Rockets didn't want back and was on Atlanta's trading block until just recently. Epic. Fail.

And didnt the trade back in the draft only save like 100k?

I mean its possible he wouldnt be doing what hes doing if he was in Dallas, but still we'd have him forever.

Melonhead
01-20-2017, 02:49 PM
I love the outrage that RW didnt get starter. He and Harden play point, only one can start. And bitch ass harden has played better no doubt.

BPo001
01-20-2017, 02:53 PM
I love the outrage that RW didnt get starter. He and Harden play point, only one can start. And bitch ass harden has played better no doubt.

Curry, the other starter in the West, plays PG too...

Melonhead
01-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Curry, the other starter in the West, plays PG too...

Oh well then my whole point is moot...RWB over Curry easy this season

Underdog
01-20-2017, 03:26 PM

Starting spots are reserved for FRANCHISE players only. ;)

sefant77
01-20-2017, 09:18 PM
Parsons resting...well deserved, this 17.8MPG are truely too much to ask for longterm

BPo001
01-20-2017, 10:35 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons have discussed a potential swap of point guards Ricky Rubio and Reggie Jackson, according to league sources

Thebo
01-21-2017, 10:05 PM
Whoa! Phoenix and Miami winning. Win against Knicks is nothing spectacular, but still good to see these teams collecting wins.

saclare
01-24-2017, 10:28 AM
Heat, Kings, Bucks, Pelicans, and Knicks all get wins.

Heat over Golden State and Pelicans over Cleveland.

BPo001
01-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Heat, Kings, Bucks, Pelicans, and Knicks all get wins.

Heat over Golden State and Pelicans over Cleveland.
And that without The Brow. Not sure how that happen. Kylie goes for 49 and Lebron with a triple double.

DevinHarriswillstart
01-25-2017, 10:38 AM
The Wolves, Sixers, and Nuggets all won last night.

Mavs tied with Phoenix for the fewest wins in the West, so there really is no reason to worry about a high pick at this point. If the Sixers have more wins than the Mavs, then the tank is real.

Thebo
01-25-2017, 12:15 PM
If the Sixers have more wins than the Mavs, then the tank is real.

Kings are 2-8 in their last 10. Sixers have no reason to tank when Kings are doing it.

DevinHarriswillstart
01-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Kings are 2-8 in their last 10. Sixers have no reason to tank when Kings are doing it.

Yeah I forgot about the draft pick switch. I still consider the Sixers the benchmark of bad in this league.

rimrocker
01-25-2017, 06:10 PM
I still consider the Sixers the benchmark of bad in this league.

Sometimes I have to chuckle on this board.
We (including myself) all think the Sixers are the joke of the league yet we want to finish behind them. It makes sense but is still funny that we have gotten to this point as spoiled fans and are starving that much for a star.

Bryan_Wilson
01-26-2017, 10:32 AM
Philly may finally be seeing light at the end of the tunnel. They have won 8 of their last 10 and 5 straight when Embiid plays. And he's only playing 25mins a game this year. When they get Simmons back and Embiid starts playing 30 a game... and maybe turn some of those pieces that don't fit like Okafor/Noel into pieces that do fit... Very shortly they could be a fun little team to watch in the Leastern conference.

sefant77
01-26-2017, 07:21 PM
I still consider the Sixers the benchmark of bad in this league.

Nope, not since this season.

The benchmark of bad (and for the next several seasons):

http://www.timothypmorris.com/images/1024/nets3.jpg

Underdog
01-26-2017, 09:20 PM
Rondo throwing shade at Wade/Butler by comparing them to Garnnett/Pierce/Allen: (https://www.instagram.com/p/BPvs5RCDGO8/)

"My vets would never go to the media. They would come to the team. My vets didn't pick and choose when they wanted to bring it. They brought it every time they stepped in the gym whether it was practice or a game. They didn't take days off. My vets didn't care about their numbers. My vets played for the team. When we lost, they wouldn't blame us. They took responsibility and got in the gym. They showed the young guys what it meant to work. Even in Boston when we had the best record in the league, if we lost a game, you could hear a pin drop on the bus. They showed us the seriousness of the game. My vets didn't have an influence on the coaching staff. They couldn't change the plan because it didn't work for them. I played under one of the greatest coaches, and he held everyone accountable. It takes 1-15 to win. When you isolate everyone, you can't win consistently. I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a bad teammate. My goal is to pass what I learned along. The young guys work. They show up. They don't deserve blame. If anything is questionable, it's the leadership."

Bryan_Wilson
01-26-2017, 09:30 PM
Rondo going after Wade and Butler: (https://www.instagram.com/p/BPvs5RCDGO8/)

http://tablets.yourfreewordpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/pile-o-shit-everywhere.jpg

dirt_dobber
01-27-2017, 08:52 AM
Bulls train-wreck. So many things to say about this - it's hard to know where to start.
Kind of feel a little guilty enjoying the meltdown.

DevinHarriswillstart
01-27-2017, 09:54 AM
You're not a bad teammate? Really Rondo? You quit on your team in the playoffs and told coach to go f himself. How is that not being a bad teammate? Oh and you are ironically trashing your teammates by going on social media.

Humans have eyes Rondo. They do.

EricaLubarsky
01-27-2017, 10:07 AM
https://m.popkey.co/98d4e9/1GJN7.gif

Now that he's not here, he's endlessly entertaining. Love it.

saclare
01-27-2017, 11:08 AM
My goodness, thankful to not be a Bulls fan right now.

I'd love to have a player of Butler's caliber, young and promising. The going to the media about issues is a little troublesome but hell, he's a young star in the making, if not already there.

GM should be fired for the simple fact of hiring Hoiberg and putting Wade and Rondo together. Any knowledgeable NBA fan could look at that roster and say it wasn't going to work from the start. No spacing and 3 guys that strive and are better with the ball in their hand. Not a recipe for success.

DevinHarriswillstart
01-27-2017, 11:49 AM
https://s23.postimg.org/feaboqjzv/Feud.jpg

Bryan_Wilson
02-04-2017, 01:06 AM
http://streamable.com/cqhwa

2017 NBA.

Harden is the biggest POS in the NBA. What a freaking joke.

mac222b
02-04-2017, 01:50 AM

2017 NBA.

The officials all can't be this dumb. The order must come down from on high. It doesn't make sense any other way.

mac222b
02-04-2017, 01:54 AM
Also, why can't some of these soft ass floppers be transported back to '88 for day. Rick Mahorn would make Hardens head snap back for real. A natural deterrent. If the refs won't do their jobs.

Melonhead
02-04-2017, 10:27 AM

2017 NBA.

and this guy will probably win mvp.

Bryan_Wilson
02-04-2017, 01:37 PM
and this guy will probably win mvp.

I pray IT4 can get the Celtics to the 1 seed then or something. Maybe if he can overtake the Cavs as the 1 seed he can steal the mvp. Not going to hold my breath tho...

EricaLubarsky
02-06-2017, 08:53 PM
Man Kevin Love must be happy.

LeBron "totally okay" with trading Love for Melo

Bryan_Wilson
02-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Heat just won their 11th in a row.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-06-2017, 11:43 PM
lol, Parsons 1-10 so far against the Spurs.

Thespiralgoeson
02-07-2017, 04:03 AM
Cavs-Wizards tonight was one of the craziest, most intense regular season games I've ever seen. Just awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncDaRSbLo4

I literally gasped and just stared at my tv slackjawed for about a minute. Lebron's shot was so amazing, that nobody even noticed Love's INSANE inbounds pass.

It took two years, but Love finally seems to have figured out how to play with the Cavs, or they finally figured out how to use him. He's having his best season by far since his Minnesota days. 39 and 12. He was a beast tonight. The Melo trade talk is ridiculous. The Cavs would be idiots to make that deal.

Irving was dogsh*t all through regulation, but then took over in OT after Lebron fouled out (Lebron fouled out!!!) Hit a dagger 3 over Bradley Beal in the exact same way, in the exact same spo that he hit over Curry in game 7 last year. Dude is cold blooded and ridiculously clutch.

Bryan_Wilson
02-07-2017, 07:31 AM
lol, Parsons 1-10 so far against the Spurs.

The former Mav was really key for them in winning last night vs the Kawi+pau-less spurs as he works himself back from injury. I of course am referring to Brandan Wright.:D

EricaLubarsky
02-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Anyone think that the Grizzlies will sign Deron this offseason? Maybe Bogut, too? They seem to like our injury-ridden talent.

Thebo
02-07-2017, 02:18 PM
The former Mav was really key for them in winning last night vs the Kawi+pau-less spurs as he works himself back from injury. I of course am referring to Brandan Wright.:D

Amazing that he is healthy.

BPo001
02-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Zach Lowe: Bad news: MRI shows JaBari Parker has torn his ACL again, league sources say. Official update from Bucks expected shortly. – via Twitter ZachLowe_NBA

Bryan_Wilson
02-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Zach Lowe: Bad news: MRI shows JaBari Parker has torn his ACL again, league sources say. Official update from Bucks expected shortly. – via Twitter ZachLowe_NBA

They said 12 month rehab after surgery. So he's basically gone next year also.

saclare
02-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Damn, the Bucks were just getting exciting. Middleton back from his injury and they would have started climbing the East standings. Gotta feel for Parker.

mac222b
02-10-2017, 03:11 AM
That really sucks. Feel bad for the kid

DevinHarriswillstart
02-11-2017, 10:13 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692562-former-celtics-syracuse-center-fab-melo-dies-at-age-26

Terrible. I remember him being drafted like it was yesterday.

Underdog
02-11-2017, 10:39 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692562-former-celtics-syracuse-center-fab-melo-dies-at-age-26

Terrible. I remember him being drafted like it was yesterday.

Whoa, what?? Crazy.

EricaLubarsky
02-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Really sad.

https://truthoncausewaydotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/s786.jpg

Bryan_Wilson
02-12-2017, 06:20 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/12/trail-blazers-trade-mason-plumlee-to-nuggets-for-jusuf-nurkic-and-first-rounder/

Plumlee and a 2nd nets them Nurkic and a 1st? Wth....

Portland now has 3 1st's in this coming draft. Oh but thank God we are going for that 8th seed and keeping everyone together. Ugh... again, I'm happy for Dirk getting another chance at the "playoffs"... but it's also frustrating as hell.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Wow, how they got a first out of that deal is mind boggling.

EricaLubarsky
02-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Don't worry, we'll trade our first and Bogut for Kevin Love who will sign his trade deal and the immediately sever his ACL.

Bryan_Wilson
02-13-2017, 03:58 PM
Don't worry, we'll trade our first and Bogut for Kevin Love who will sign his trade deal and the immediately sever his ACL.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/02/13/kevin-love-second-opinion-knee-injury

We were too late, maybe.

Melonhead
02-14-2017, 11:51 AM
Serge dealt to the Raps for Terrence Ross and a 1st. I swear watching the magic/mavs game the other night, he looked so unhappy and I started thinking he could be moved before the deadline...

sefant77
02-14-2017, 11:58 AM
Great trade for the Raptors

Hennigan is as bad as Otis. Time to rip off the Magic

BPo001
02-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Great trade for the Raptors

Hennigan is as bad as Otis. Time to rip off the Magic

Is it though? Inaka is in the last year of his deal I believe. They aren't going anywhere, so getting a pick to add young talent helps. Ross is a decent player. Hopefully this helps the Raptors. I'd like to see someone give the Cavs a run in the East this year.

spreedom
02-14-2017, 01:49 PM
I can't imagine other teams giving up more for Ibaka, but when you think about it the Magic basically traded a good pick and Oladipo for an average pick and Ross.

Bryan_Wilson
02-14-2017, 06:21 PM
I like the trade for Toronto. I think it might even help Carroll who really looks below average as a player this year. I like it "ok" for the Magic, they needed to get something for him before he walked.

sefant77
02-14-2017, 10:55 PM
Is it though? Inaka is in the last year of his deal I believe. They aren't going anywhere, so getting a pick to add young talent helps. Ross is a decent player.

Its all starts with the stupid Harris trade and then of course the Oladipo-Ibaka trade.

At the end its a bad value they got for Oladipo

mac222b
02-15-2017, 01:19 AM
Nice trade for the Raps. Milssap is the superior player but Ibaka fits their needs better. Rim protect/3 point spacing. Hopefully Patterson comes back healthy. They could legitamately take the East(NBA officials permitting)

EricaLubarsky
02-16-2017, 08:45 PM
Anyone care about the ASG?

Underdog
02-16-2017, 09:55 PM
Anyone care about the ASG?

Only if someone gets injured and Barnes is selected as an alternate... I might watch Wes in the 3-point competition, but only if I have nothing else going on -- the All-Star Game has always been weaksauce.

EDIT: the 2015 ASG had its moments (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WHv-76oTlw).

EricaLubarsky
02-17-2017, 07:08 PM
Cuban starting for the West

Bryan_Wilson
02-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Cuban starting for the West

When he was introduced he did a very "Cuban" strut down the red carpet.

And by strut I mean he mixed a skip and the Carlton dance together.

j0Shi
02-18-2017, 03:03 PM
lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18710759/kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-believes-earth-flat

Bryan_Wilson
02-18-2017, 04:44 PM
lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18710759/kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-believes-earth-flat

http://www.texaspoker.dk/files/txp-users/u712/paranoid-conspiracy-theorist-meme-generator-they-won-t-get-to-me-i-m-safe-in-here-a6fb9b.jpg

Underdog
02-18-2017, 05:17 PM
lol

Seems legit...

http://content.tradyouth.org/uploads/2015/11/earth-turtle.jpg

DevinHarriswillstart
02-18-2017, 05:31 PM
lol

I wonder if this is some kinda shot back at the alt-facts people. Sadly, believing the earth is flat isn't even close the most absurd thing people believe these days.

Bryan_Wilson
02-18-2017, 06:48 PM
I wonder if this is some kinda shot back at the alt-facts people. Sadly, believing the earth is flat isn't even close the most absurd thing people believe these days.

Agreed, some really really absurd stuff out there. Like the Mavs competing for the playoffs and Dwill being all star caliber.

DevinHarriswillstart
02-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Kings having second thoughts on extending Cousins and have had trade discussions with the Pelicans per Woj.

EricaLubarsky
02-19-2017, 11:49 PM
Whoa

EricaLubarsky
02-19-2017, 11:51 PM
The Pels have agreed to trade Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway and future first- and second-round pick for DeMarcus Cousins, sources say

Crazy

Underdog
02-20-2017, 12:33 AM
"The Sacramento Kings have agreed to trade DeMarcus Cousins and Omri Casspi to the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for Buddy Hield, ‎Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, a 2017 first-round pick and a future second-round pick, sources told ESPN." --Stein

Bryan_Wilson
02-20-2017, 03:26 AM
Wow only 1 1st lol. I'm not a fan of Hield. And Evans is an expiring I believe. I'm positive the Kings could have gotten better a year ago.

spreedom
02-20-2017, 07:01 AM
This is the worst trade for a franchise-caliber player in the history of the NBA

DevinHarriswillstart
02-20-2017, 10:11 AM
Terrible trade for the Kings, but I don't blame them for trading him. You can't invest 200m in a guy who isn't getting you into the playoffs and is a head case on and off the court.

Dtownsfinest
02-20-2017, 11:28 AM
Terrible trade for the Kings, but I don't blame them for trading him. You can't invest 200m in a guy who isn't getting you into the playoffs and is a head case on and off the court.

I'd rather invest 200 million in him then I would any combination of players they are going to have to waste it in. You can't tell me this is the best deal they can get. Mavs had a shot then. I would've gave them anyone they wanted plus first rounders.

Thebo
02-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Makes no sense how Kings did not end up with top3 protected 1st round pick and lottery protected 1st round pick. This trade would have made sense if DMC was expiring.

EricaLubarsky
02-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Makes no sense how Kings did not end up with top3 protected 1st round pick and lottery protected 1st round pick. This trade would have made sense if DMC was expiring.

Pelicans only have 25 more games this year unless they can make the playoffs. 82 next year.

Underdog
02-20-2017, 12:24 PM
@ClevisMurray: Pistons attempted a deal with Andre Drummond to the Kings for DeMarcus Cousins. Kings said no. (Via Michael Scotto - Basketball Insiders)

SMFH

EricaLubarsky
02-20-2017, 12:31 PM
@ClevisMurray: Pistons attempted a deal with Andre Drummond to the Kings for DeMarcus Cousins. Kings said no. (Via Michael Scotto - Basketball Insiders)

SMFH

Sounds like BS, but if true, that is ridiculously stupid