PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame inductees

TheKid
06-05-2002, 03:19 PM
I'm sure you've all heard by now Magic, Larry Brown, Lute Olson and others have been elected to the Hall of Fame and all seem to be deserving. The ONE person that I wonder if they're as deserving to be in the Hall of Fame is Drazen Pedrovic?

Now I recall him being an AMAZING scorer, however in the NBA he only put up amazing numbers for only two years. He had some amazing numbers in Europe however if the NBA are recognizing great European players wouldn't Sabonis and Kukoc also be candidates for the Hall of Fame someday?

Hoopsmeister
06-05-2002, 04:23 PM
<< Now I recall him being an AMAZING scorer, however in the NBA he only put up amazing numbers for only two years. He had some amazing numbers in Europe however if the NBA are recognizing great European players wouldn't Sabonis and Kukoc also be candidates for the Hall of Fame someday? >>

It is a 'basketball' hall of fame and not an NBA one right? In which case Petrovic and Sabonis definitely should get recognition--Kukoc maybe. Petrovic was also important as in international pioneer into the US.

TheKid
06-06-2002, 10:08 AM
Well that makes sense to me. I know they induct college coaches but I thought that was because of their contributions to the USA basketball team. However that makes sense then, and I didn't have a problem with it I was just wondering what were the guidelines.

I would like to see Sabonis voted in someday. I recall seeing some footage on him and some of his numbers and he put up some AMAZING numbers as well before he had the knee problems.

Hoopsmeister
06-06-2002, 10:16 AM
<< Well that makes sense to me. I know they induct college coaches but I thought that was because of their contributions to the USA basketball team. However that makes sense then, and I didn't have a problem with it I was just wondering what were the guidelines. >>

Well, my answer's not definitive, but I do think the Hall is defined as simply basketball and not 'NBA basketball'. Isn't Cheryl Miller in it?

Drbio
06-06-2002, 10:20 AM
There are several women in the basketball hall. I think you are correct Hoops.

TheKid
06-06-2002, 10:29 AM
You're right she is in there. I think Nancy Lieberman Kline is too.

Drbio
06-06-2002, 06:33 PM
Nancy Lieberman is in the hall. Jody Conradt is in the hall. Pat Summit is in the Hall. Cheryl Miller is in the hall. There are tons of them.