PDA

View Full Version : DOC is 100% Right: The NBA should be ASHAMED

Hales233
06-06-2002, 06:12 AM
I keep hearing all this garbage from Lakers fanatics and Stern cronies that to beat the champion you have to "knock them out." Since when does knocking off a defending champion involve knocking off three referees as well?

You guys can call Webber a whiner if you want, I don't care, but if you had to play against a great team like the Lakers and you didn't get a fair shake, you'd be just as frusterated. Just as the Blazers felt in 2000 and the Sixers last season.

The Lakers are a great team, but the Kings are a Better Team. Unfortunately for Bibby, CWebb, and CO. all that matters is that the Lakers are the Lakers and they play in LA.

Yes, The Kings should have won Game 7, they should have made their free throws. But it should not have come to a Game 7. Kings took that series in 6.

I still can't believe the camera shot of Bibby being elbowed in the face by Showbe, the Ref is staring right at it, and he calls the foul on Bibby.

Right Now, pro wrestling is a lot more real than the NBA, because at least they acknowledge the outcome is pre-determined.

Drbio
06-06-2002, 07:14 AM
Right Now, pro wrestling is a lot more real than the NBA, because at least they acknowledge the outcome is pre-determined.

LOL..good line.

Murphy3
06-06-2002, 07:31 AM
i don't buy that the results are pre-determined. i think it has more to do with the refs getting caught up in the excitement with the lakers battling back..with the crowd into it.
was it wrong and pathetic? hell yes
was it pre-determined? no

Drbio
06-06-2002, 07:53 AM
Still....it's a great line.

TheKid
06-06-2002, 09:56 AM
Yeah not pre-determined, but I think when it comes down to a call and the refs don't know whether to call it or not, they're ALWAYS going to favor against the team that draws the bigger attraction. I think "that" might be whispered in the ears of the refs. For instance, let's say Bibby elbowed Kobe, there is NO DOUBT in my mind, the refs calls that foul on Bibby......... That's VERY, VERY, VERY unfair.

Drbio
06-06-2002, 06:33 PM
and therefore the NBA should be ashamed. They did nothing to stop what they wanted to have happen before the season started.