PDA

View Full Version : Finals - Game Four

Drbio
06-12-2002, 10:04 PM
It's over tonight I think.

94-91 Leakers with 7+ minutes to go.

Damn this is a high scoring pace. Probably favors the leakers.

Drbio
06-12-2002, 10:15 PM
damn lakers are up by 7 now...i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Drbio
06-12-2002, 10:24 PM
about 1 minute left in NJ's pathetic attempt to win a game.

leakers sweep...3peat. watch for leaker trolls coming to a board near you.

Drbio
06-12-2002, 10:29 PM
damn lakers.

NJ just threw in the towel and pulled Kidd and Martin.

44 secs 6 point game...

Drbio
06-12-2002, 10:31 PM
113-107 FINAL

leakers win.

Drbio
06-12-2002, 10:39 PM
Shaq won the MVP...no surprise there.

mali king
06-12-2002, 10:42 PM
O'Neal is MVP. Surprise indeed. He calls Kidd the true MVP during the season.

Drbio
06-12-2002, 10:43 PM
I just made a thread about that mali king. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

mali king
06-12-2002, 10:44 PM
They don't even look particularly happy to win the 3rd ring. It sucks.

Drbio
06-12-2002, 10:45 PM
good call....they look bored.

mali king
06-12-2002, 10:46 PM
while I post a message, yours is already waiting..

Drbio
06-12-2002, 10:46 PM
I have excellent internet service.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Kat
06-13-2002, 12:43 AM
<< They don't even look particularly happy to win the 3rd ring. It sucks. >>

How could they?

Even though Kobe and Shaq are screwed-up individuals, they are competitors/athletes, all ego aside............even they can't feel they really won that title.

It was given to them, they know it, 90% of the public that watched all seven games know it. They were NOT the best team this year.

The Kings were.

It must really suck to win it all......and have the doubts. You can't feel good about it.

Drbio
06-13-2002, 07:57 AM
Kat- I love that last post. You are on to something there.

Murphy3
06-13-2002, 08:02 AM
the kings were the better team,..however, the kings let it get away

MavKikiNYC
06-13-2002, 11:11 AM
<< They don't even look particularly happy to win the 3rd ring. It sucks.

... ... ...

It must really suck to win it all......and have the doubts. You can't feel good about it >>

I respectfully disagree. I think the Nets series was anti-climactic for them and that's why the post-championship celebration fell a little flat for them. They won. They're champions no doubt about it, but the real challenge took place in the WCF. (And Murphy knows I wanted the Nets to win.)

What must really suck is to be the Kings--to know that you could've had the championship, but may never get there again. Sort of like leading all throughout a marathon, but collapsing at mile 26 and failing to finish. Ouch.

LakerMania
06-13-2002, 01:33 PM
If the Lakers really had any doubt that they were not the true champions and were &quot;given&quot; the title, they wouldn't have been so ecstatic after winning the WCF. So that right there blows your theory out the door Kat. The fact is that the Nets provided no real competition for the Lakers, the Lakers faded and surged pretty much at will with only game 3 providing any real excitement. I use myself as a barometer, in the Kings series it made me almost physically ill to watch the 2 teams battle it out, in fact I couldn't even watch the OT in game 7 because there was so much bile building up in my stomach. What a series, I have never been so thrilled in my life(involving sports)! However when they played the Nets I felt no stress at all, even when the Lakers would go down by a few points you had that gut feeling that the Lakers would come back and take care of business.

Do the Kings have a more talented team 1-12? I think so, and even Kobe admited as much. Did the better team win? Well you have to take into account that Kings had the Lakers in their home court in game 7, in a situation where the visitor has not won in over 20 years, and blew it. Not exactly what you would call a better team regardless of how you think they got there. I mean Bibby was the only player that wanted to step up to the challenge and their other players just disappeared, while every one of the Lakers took it to the hole, got fouled, and made their freethrows.

I am not sure where you get the %90 figure from Kat because Lakerfans and their bandwagon buddies probably exceed %10 of the fan base right now so I doubt the &quot;conspiracy&quot; factor is that high. And the fact that the Kings shot more freethrows, got called for less fouls in the series, and had the highest margin of extra freethrows in a game(Kings shot 20 more freethrows in game 3, while Lakers only shot 15 more in game 6)could only lead you to believe that if the games were fixed, it was in favor of the Kings. Also game 6 in the WCF is not the only conspiracy facing the Lakers right now. Spursfan says that their games were fixed by the refs in the 4-1 blowout this year,Blazerfan says that their team was cheated in game 7 in 2000(and possibly 2002 as well), and some people are now saying that Byron scott threw the series for the Nets, because if he did so he would be allowed to take PJ's spot when he leaves. So game 6 conspiracy theorists have to stand in the accusation line when complaining about the Lakers.

So in my opinion, I have top agree with Kiki and just say that it was a lack of competition that failed to bring out the emotions normally involved in winning a title. Afterall when your seeded as the Lakers were, you are supposed to keep on playing tougher teams as the playoffs progress, not the other way around.

Drbio
06-13-2002, 03:00 PM
Lakermania- I still think you are a homer...but at least you are a well thought out homer.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LakerMania
06-13-2002, 04:54 PM
Dr.Bio, don't take this in a negative way, but is your brain hardwired to the internet. I mean you post an awful lot throughout the day, that's why I am asking. I am fortunate enough to work from my house most of the day so I do a lot of internet surfing, you in a similar situation?

Drbio
06-13-2002, 06:47 PM
Lakermania- no offense taken at all...nope. I have periods alomst every hour where I have 10-15 minutes off. Since the 'puter is on I check in and see who's on. At night I work on the 'puter and when I get tired of typing I switch over to here and some other sites.