PDA

View Full Version : interesting trade

Hoopsmeister
06-13-2002, 02:14 PM
From Slam Online (http://www.slamonline.com/links/) comes a rumor that the Nets are talking to Minnesota about KG for Martin, Van Horn, and Kittles.

I see why the Nets do this. I almost see why Minnesota does it, but not for those 3 players.

LakerMania
06-13-2002, 02:29 PM
That might been just crazy enough to work for both teams. But the way Martin played in game 4, I wonder how much more dominant he is going to get? He looks like he may develop into a young Shawn Kemp and if that's the case the Nets might regret trading him, even for the likes of KG.

Murphy3
06-13-2002, 02:51 PM
i don't see it working for minnesota.
they might do it but i dont' know how much it helps minnesota

Drbio
06-13-2002, 03:02 PM
I think it favors the Nets for sure. Although that is a very decent return.

Murphy3
06-13-2002, 03:22 PM
they don't receive much offensively in return

Drbio
06-13-2002, 03:23 PM
The Nets with Kidd and KG would be a great building foundation. IF they can keep Kidd.

aexchange
06-13-2002, 03:32 PM
this part was cool from the slam article

"And speaking of planes, thought I'd also let you know I just caught Dirk Nowitzki at the airport in Dallas earlier today. I was just waiting for my smoothie at the counter, killing time before my flight back home to LA, when Dirk rolls up behind me and orders some frozen yogurt. Not long after he heads back toward his gate, he starts getting held up by all kinds of people. Some dude was trying to speak to him in German, hoping to impress I'm sure, and a bunch of kids started crowding around. Dirk was laid-back, signed every autograph and posed for every photo, had a few words for everyone who wanted to talk to him...including my boyfriend. He's a Mavs freak, so he was all geeked just getting to say whassup to The Man and congratulate him on the season. I personally am not the biggest Nowitzki fan, but it was cool to see that he's so approachable and fan-friendly. Once he handled all the requests, he sat down and ate his yogurt, and chatted on the cell til he hopped his plane for Frankfurt -- heading home for the summer I assume, to whatever off-the-wall training program his crazy "mentor" has in store for him. Also interesting...no sign of a limp or any other lasting effects of the recent ankle surgery, so I guess he's all fixed up. Scary to think what he'll do next season if he was really rolling on a bad wheel all this year.
Peace,
Gia Parvita"

Hoopsmeister
06-13-2002, 03:35 PM
<< Also interesting...no sign of a limp or any other lasting effects of the recent ankle surgery, so I guess he's all fixed up. >>

that's the line I thought was most interesting.

Drbio
06-13-2002, 03:36 PM
Dirk is German for CLASS!

Murphy3
06-13-2002, 03:41 PM
good news... let's hope the inside game continues to improve..along with passing and defense.

if so, he's one of the top 3-4 players in the league instantly

Bayliss
06-13-2002, 03:47 PM
<< good news... let's hope the inside game continues to improve..along with passing and defense.

if so, he's one of the top 3-4 players in the league instantly >>

If he continues to improve, Shaq might just have to pass him the torch when he retires. He's that good and has that much potential.

TheKid
06-13-2002, 03:53 PM
That's what probably raised him and Nash in my eyes when I went to Dallas. They both were SO DAMN approachable it was funny that these guys are NBA stars. They were so down to earth with everyone it was refreshing to see.

It was also funny to see him wearing and going OUT in CLOGS. That showed me the man has a sense of humor too.

As far as that trade goes, I think it would be a decent move for the timberwolves, because they get depth obviously however the Nets LOSE depth but they get better for sure!

Murphy3
06-13-2002, 03:57 PM
yeah, the t-wolves get depth but suddenly there's no one on the team that can go score 20 a night..

the nets would be a better team but they still wouldn't have a go to guy late in the games

Drbio
06-13-2002, 03:58 PM
that's a pretty solid trade offer.

LakerMania
06-13-2002, 08:40 PM
I got a feeling K-Mart is going to be a monster if not this year, the next. It wouldn't suprise me one bit if he averages over 20 a game next year. But I think he is a thug and cracking on his teamates like he did after game 4 didn't help his image any, especially after his 6 point contribution to game 2.

Drbio
06-13-2002, 08:43 PM
HOLY CRAP...I agreed with lakermania....i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Drbio
06-13-2002, 08:43 PM
HOLY CRAP...I agreed with lakermania....i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

PeterVecseyisdumb
06-13-2002, 09:07 PM
I think that would be a bad trade for minnesota and a great trade for the nets.

I think Kenyon Martin is a solid player, however, he has a lot of holes in his game. Don't let the lakers/nets playoff series fool you. Kenyon Martin is a bad shooter. Kenyon martin isn't a good rebounder. Kenyon Martin is a good defender and a solid shot blocker. Offensively, kenyon martin really needs to improve. There is also the question about his injury past. Right now, he looks healthy. However, kenyon martin had two injuries that ended his season, both years. I think Kerry Kittles is a good player. However, his injury last season, scares me. I think Keith Van Horn is a good player, however, he has had injury problems. Keith Van Horn is a good shooter, and is an average rebounder. Other than that, keith van horn doesn't do much else.

I think KG is a good offensive player, a great defender, and a great rebounder. If the twolves made this trade(which I don't think would ever happen), they would probably get some salary cap relief. However, as far as talent, the minnesota timberwolves would be losing a lot of talent.