PDA

View Full Version : The beginning of the Dirk and Finley debates

LAM0015
04-19-2001, 12:42 PM
Dirk wins the Mavericks scoring title for this year....
21.8pts to 21.5 for finley

congratulations on dirk on your accomplishments... finley, better luck next year.

ReggieThetaChi
04-19-2001, 12:57 PM
Dude, Lam,
Who cares about who wins the damn scoring title? As a wise Michael Jordan once said, "There is only one title that matters. An NBA title". Both Dirk and Finley realize this. You should to.

Evilmav2
04-19-2001, 01:06 PM
I certainly don't think that Findog and Dirk care who scores a few percentage points higher on their average in the regular season... It's not like the bad old days with Mashburn and Jackson trying to outscore each other in meaningless regular season losses... Fin and Dirk know what matters- winning...

madape
04-19-2001, 01:07 PM
wow Lam, you deserve a pat on the back. You are the only one here who claimed all-year long that Dirk was a better player. Since he has scored more points this year, there is no longer any doubt in my mind. I should have trusted you all along.

Seriously, I've read several reports that Finley may be named as high as second team all-NBA. Wouldn't that be nice?

Evilmav2
04-19-2001, 01:11 PM
Since you have to play next to Shaq to be a first team all-NBA shooting guard (see Hardaway, Anfernee; Bryant, Kobe), that would be quite an honor... You might as well call it "Best shooting guard in the league who does not play with Shaquille O'Neal"...

TheKid
04-19-2001, 01:13 PM
I think he should get second team, but he won't. I would be surprised if he gets third team to be honest. Also, the winner is the Mavericks as a team, they won 53 games this year, the most in a LONG time. Give credit to whomever you want to, but this team is great!!! Hell I don't care if you say Najera is the best player on the team right now, I'm just HYPED!!!

giostar
04-19-2001, 01:17 PM
I thought Curley was a KEY contributer to this teams success when he was here!!!

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Evilmav2
04-19-2001, 01:21 PM
Bill Curley anchored us in the pre-season after Etan Thomas went down...

http://espn.go.com/i/nba/profiles/players/2645.jpg

LAM0015
04-19-2001, 01:50 PM
Hey..no big deal.. i just wanted dirk to win the scoring title with the mavs...

i guarantee that finley cares though. he's too selfish of a player to not care

Hoover
04-19-2001, 02:05 PM
<< he's too selfish of a player to not care >>

LAM....I try my damndest not to fall for your antagonizing ways, but this time I couldn't resist.

Where in the hell do you come up with some of this shit! Finley is not selfish...Kobe is selfish. If he were so damn selfish do you honestly think that he couldn't vie for the scoring title by throwing up 40 shots/game ala Iverson? I would also like to go on the record as saying that Finley is not my favorite Mav, and that I am not being a homer. My advice to you and everyone else.....quit trying to fabricate some b.s. controversy and enjoy the ride!

Hoover
04-19-2001, 02:07 PM
By the way you may want to put the shades back on....&quot;Mother Teresa&quot; isn't you today!

LAM0015
04-19-2001, 02:38 PM
quit kissing his a*s,

Hoover
04-19-2001, 02:51 PM
I was holding my breathe for a more educated and informed rebuttal....not something I could find on any grade school play ground during recess.

TheKid
04-19-2001, 03:15 PM
Kudos to you Hoover, I hear you. I like what you had to say and you said it very well... I'll enjoy this CERTAINLY!!!!!

madape
04-19-2001, 03:37 PM
There are too many people with their tongues sticking out in here. I am getting all confused!

LAM0015
04-19-2001, 03:46 PM
sorry hoover, didn't have time for a good smart aleck remark.... i'm at work and my break was over...
maybe next time.
nah..i don't think finley's selfish, but i do think he does tend to monopolize shots at times...sometimes taking bad shots when others are open.. but he doesn't do that much anymore.
finley is becoming a complete ballplayer, ... he needs to concentrate on defense a little more. i know he had a nice steals per game average this year, but i still don't think his man to man defense was anything outstanding this year.
finley's a high quality player.... we'll need him and dirk hitting on all cylinders..along with the supporting cast to get the mavs out of the first round

Hoover
04-19-2001, 03:52 PM
Glad to see your coming around. And I totally agree that Dirk and Fin will need to be hitting on all cylinders for us to have any succes in the playoffs.

TheKid
04-19-2001, 04:16 PM
I agree with your comments as well Lam, but don't tell me Dirk can't improve on his defense. He needs to REALLY improve on his defense.

LAM0015
04-19-2001, 04:23 PM
yeah...of course..i think dirk is making tremendous strides defensively... and sometimes, his defense is a big plus....but, other times, it's not. he does need to continue to improve on defense, and i've said that many times....but i think finley does also. people often overlook the fact that he flat out doesn't play solid defense at times..and there's no excuse for that because he's too good of an athlete.
dirk, well, being a small forward at his height..there's always going to be quickness problems with certain small forwards...but, he'll be able to make up for some of it because he's seven feet tall and will be able to recover and block some shots. but he does need to work on his defensive quickness.....

LAM0015
04-19-2001, 04:25 PM
coming around?...i've always said that finley is a very good player. but i also think that the reason he's not a great player isn't because of lack of ability. i think it is because poor decisions at times... shooting bad shots...not hitting the open man...
finley has the ability to average 20 points, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds a game... to go along with a couple steals per game.
but, i don't think he'll make that step and become a smarter player to reach that level.

scooterj5
04-19-2001, 06:11 PM
LAM- Finley's not selfish, you however are stupid. How come he can average 5 assists while often playing as a forward?

ReggieThetaChi
04-19-2001, 06:56 PM
Don't worry about Lam. He's just saying alot of this just to piss us off.

Bookit
04-19-2001, 09:49 PM
I don't think LAM is a real person but a fictitious character place here to stir up conversation and controversy. Nobody can be dumb enough to have those views about Finley. Djbackslash, is that you?

djb
04-19-2001, 10:04 PM
Haha ya got me Bookit i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

djb
04-19-2001, 10:06 PM
Personally I think LAM's somehow connected to mackdaddy! Hmmmm i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif

scooterj5
04-20-2001, 02:55 AM
Mackdaddy is in his cellar crying about how Dallas has a better chance of advancing than the Lakers...

Evilmav2
04-20-2001, 05:23 PM
Finley used to be called a poor man's Grant Hill... Now Grant Hill is a broke man's Findog... (I only say this in reference to Finley's career long surprisingly high assist rate- Hill is about the only other guy can put up the scoring, rebounding, and assists that Finley does...)

LAM0015
04-21-2001, 01:03 AM
&quot;coming around?...i've always said that finley is a very good player. but i also think that the reason he's not a great player isn't because of lack of ability. i think it is because poor decisions at times... shooting bad shots...not hitting the open man...
finley has the ability to average 20 points, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds a game... to go along with a couple steals per game.&quot;

what is wrong with saying that finley has the potential to average 20 points, 7 assists and 5-6 rebounds a game?
nothing, as far as i'm concerned. what is stupid about saying that? nothing. what is wrong with saying that he takes too many bad shots.. nothing. what is wrong with saying he has more ability than what he's currently getting out of himself,..that he could even have better days ahead of him if he made a few adjustments....Nothing, because it's all true

scooterj5
04-21-2001, 05:43 PM
Finley tries his hardest, therefore he does reaches his capabilities.

Murphy3
02-08-2002, 10:21 PM
bumping up another thread...just bored