PDA

View Full Version : Final ESPN Power Rankings

djb
04-20-2001, 03:30 PM
Mavs finish at fifth place behind the Spurs, Lakers, Sixers, and Kings.

MVP: First off, the Mavs finish No. 5? Unreal. Anyway, it's Dirk. He'll be scoring 25 a night soon. Unsung hero: Nobody will give Howard Eisley much credit, but he did a nice job when Nash was out. Goat: Let's all give a big hand to Gary Trent, for suiting up 33 times. That makes 44 games in two years. He is the weakest link. Goodbye.

Link: ESPN Power Rankings (http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/index.html)

LAM0015
04-20-2001, 03:45 PM
cool..thanks for the link
i think it should have been finley as the mavs mvp though, what about you?

madape
04-20-2001, 03:55 PM
Mavs should have finished ahead of the worthless sixers. They've stunk it up ever since the Motumbo trade. I wouldn't be suprised if the Pacers beat them in the first round.

Bookit
04-20-2001, 03:57 PM
Lam, do you have an agenda on every post?

LAM0015
04-20-2001, 04:03 PM
excuse me bookit?
why the personal attack?
i'm sorry if you disagree with my opinion that finley should have been the mavs MVP this year. but if you don't like it, you don't have to personally attack me. well, you can personally attack me if you have a valid sports opinion to back up your personal attack.
thank you, i hope you have a wonderful day

LonestarROB
04-20-2001, 04:14 PM
I personally think Nash is probably the Mavs MVP. The Mavs play like two totally different teams when he's in the game as opposed to not being in the game.

LAM0015
04-20-2001, 04:22 PM
Good point.. i don't think the mavs would have a chance to win this series without nash or dirk .. and or finley.
well, nash isn't the mavs MVP. but he might be there MIP.. most improved player and most important player.
the mavs have to have him running the point if they want to win a series in the post season

djb
04-20-2001, 04:49 PM
MVP should definitely be either Fin or Nash. Based on this season, I'd say Nash is MVP while Fin is MIP (Most IMPORTANT Player) if that makes any sense at all i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Uhm or maybe it's the other way around i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif Hell they're both MVPs!

djb
04-20-2001, 04:50 PM
Ok I just read LAM's latest post i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif I think you got it right - that's what I was thinking!

Evilmav2
04-20-2001, 04:56 PM
Findog is MVP... There is no question about that in the meager mind of Evilmav...

LAM0015
04-20-2001, 04:58 PM
truthfully, Most important player is more important than most valuable player.....
but i don't think the mavs have a shot without solid performances from dirk, fin, or nash. but, if nash isn't playing well, the mavs are almost assured of a first round exit.

Flying Tiger
04-20-2001, 06:06 PM
Lam, I sense a change in attitude...I like it. I agree that either Fin or Nash should have gotten the MVP. I think that they are both more vital to the Mavs' success that Dirk, but there is no way we could have gotten this far without him.

scooterj5
04-20-2001, 06:42 PM
LAM how come you think Fin is MVP then you bash him and praise Dirk??

Flying Tiger
04-20-2001, 07:28 PM
I was a bit curious of that too.

LAM0015
04-21-2001, 12:59 AM
if you will read a bit closer, you will see where i've said...probably 40-50 times that dirk needs to improve his defense and needs to drive more.
i don't think dirk will be the MVP of the mavs until his defense improves..(which it has done by leaps and bounds)...probably the mavs MVP next year and for the next 5-6 after that.

but, for now, barely...finley is the Mavs MVP, maybe.
he could be a great one if he worked on his shot selection and his defensive lapses....but, ...i guess we'll have to see about that