PDA

View Full Version : China's Yao Ming will not take part in next week's NBA draft. Details to come.

Dooby
06-21-2002, 07:58 AM
"China's Yao Ming will not take part in next week's NBA draft. Details to come."

This just popped up on teh Dallas Morning News Website. WTF?

I know it isn't directly Mavs, but what the heck. Ban me.

Dooby
06-21-2002, 08:11 AM
All right, let us assume this is true. We have no details. Perhaps, Houston did trade the pick and China is trying to bail. Perhaps, China wanted more than Houston was willing to give and China is playing hardball or just wants to keep Yao.

Question 1: Can this be put back together?

Question 2: Is it still the Rockets' call? Can someone else try to get this thing on track? Either GS, Chicago, etc...

Question 3: Can Yao take his name out of the draft? College players can't. But that may be an NCAA rule. Can you pull out of the draft less than a week before? I assume so, but don't know. This leads to a lot of questions.

Drbio
06-21-2002, 08:14 AM
Dooby- maybe another possibility is that he just couldn't make it over here due to other circumstances.

Dooby
06-21-2002, 08:17 AM
Yeah. Like maybe he has a haircut appontment in December and is afraid the NBA season will get in the way.

Please explain a possible circumstance that would keep you from being the no. 1 pick in the NBA draft.

Dooby
06-21-2002, 08:29 AM
Apparently, DMN confuses not Being present at the draft with not participating in the draft.

Yao is in the draft; Yao will not be at the draft.

Big difference, morons.

Sorry for the confusion. Ship this thread anywhere you want.

Base Line Guy
06-21-2002, 10:50 AM
LMAO Dooby!

BLG

MavKikiNYC
06-21-2002, 01:25 PM
<< &quot;China's Yao Ming will not take part in next week's NBA draft. Details to come.&quot;

This just popped up on teh Dallas Morning News Website. WTF?

I know it isn't directly Mavs, but what the heck. Ban me. >>

Well, it could certainly have a ripple effect all the way down to 55.

Drbio
06-21-2002, 02:14 PM
I still think Yao will be #1 even if he isn't there to put on the cap. I couldn't think of a good reason he would miss. Maybe he is getting circumcised or somesuch? Who knows?

Hoopsmeister
06-21-2002, 02:27 PM
<< I still think Yao will be #1 even if he isn't there to put on the cap. I couldn't think of a good reason he would miss. Maybe he is getting circumcised or somesuch? Who knows? >>

He's training with his team for the World Championships which will be followed by the Asian championships. Chinese leadership is letting him go in the Fall, but intend to get as much as possible out of him over the summer.

Murphy3
06-21-2002, 05:33 PM
<< I couldn't think of a good reason he would miss. Maybe he is getting circumcised or somesuch? >>

do they call it a wang in china?
if not, does zhi zhi find it offensive here in the states?

MavKikiNYC
06-21-2002, 05:36 PM
YOW!!!...Ming....

Drbio
06-22-2002, 04:36 PM
hahaha...

So if Wang buys a new pair of shoes and it makes him an inch shorter tha nthe old shoes is that a Shoecumcision?