PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets waive G Tim Hardaway

DTL
06-25-2002, 05:26 PM
link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news/20020625/hardawaywaived.html)
June 25, 2002

DENVER (TICKER) -- The Denver Nuggets on Tuesday waived veteran point guard Tim Hardaway.

Acquired from Dallas in a blockbuster seven-player deal prior to last season's trade deadline, Hardaway appeared in 14 games for the Nuggets before suffering a broken left foot on March 13.

A 12-year veteran, the 35-year-old averaged 9.6 points and 4.1 assists in 68 games last season.

By waiving Hardaway, the Nuggets could opt to select a guard with the fifth overall pick in Wednesday's draft. Memphis' Dajuan Wagner is one player Denver could target.

Denver also is hoping to use the extra room under the NBA salary cap to bring in a high-profile free agent next summer.

A five-time All-Star, Hardaway amassed 5,000 points and 2,500 assists faster than any player in NBA history, except for Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson. Hardaway has career averages of 17.9 points and 8.3 assists in 857 games with Golden State, Miami, Dallas and Denver.

Drbio
06-25-2002, 08:36 PM
Is Timmy done? Before anyone goes off about him coming back to Big D it ain't happening. To much bad blood spewed after the trade.

DTL
06-25-2002, 09:36 PM
double post to basically the same thread in two forums. MODS!!!

madape
06-25-2002, 11:10 PM
Dr. Bio - I really don't want to remind you of what Kurt Thomas said about the Maverick's organization after he left.

Drbio
06-25-2002, 11:31 PM
madape- I remember. I didn't propose that trade though...just weighed it on its merits. I made a point to say that if the Mavs could get a big guy with the exception, that I wouldn't do that trade. I am not a Thomas fan, but if he helps to win, then that's cool.

MavKikiNYC
06-26-2002, 02:37 PM
Knicks fans are hoping Thomas gets moved. Even the ones who like his game are saying that he can't be counted on not to implode psychologically. He goes mental for whole stretches of a season, has a terrible rep with referees league-wide, and is pretty edgy with teammates. He might make NVE look like a choir boy. Just hope the Mavs resist importing more bad chem potential.

madape
06-26-2002, 02:45 PM
I'm not worried about a chemistry problem. This team has survived Gary Trent, Dennis Rodman, Vernon Maxwell, Christian Laettner, Courtney Alexander, and Nick Van Exel. There will be no implosion if Thomas comes on board. As bad of a guy as he is, I doubt he can do what serveral bad character Mavs couldn't do.

Drbio
06-26-2002, 04:15 PM
that is a good point madape.

Hoopsmeister
06-26-2002, 04:34 PM
I remember hearing Cuban talking about this and he had a good point which was that basically the core of the team are all good guys with good chemistry. Having that means they can have a basket case or two on the team and the chemistry is strong enough to handle them.

TheKid
06-26-2002, 04:46 PM
Knicks fans are hoping Thomas gets moved. Even the ones who like his game are saying that he can't be counted on not to implode psychologically. He goes mental for whole stretches of a season, has a terrible rep with referees league-wide, and is pretty edgy with teammates. He might make NVE look like a choir boy. Just hope the Mavs resist importing more bad chem potential.

You are EXACTLY correct... KILLER KURT, is his nickname. He got that name because he sometimes looks like he wants to kill someone... However he really didn't start acting stupid in New York until Ewing was gone. Even though Ewing would bitch at times, when players really became stupid, he would get their ass in check real fast. So with Ewing not there, everyone else was just as ridiculous as Thomas at times. Instead of telling him to calm down, they joined right in with him bitching! So maybe the point is he'll go to Dallas and be able to keep his head together.