PDA

View Full Version : Best Line of the Night

Drbio
06-26-2002, 08:40 PM
Commish Stern just brought down the house. When Barkley and K. Smith wouldn't shut up to let him announce the Spurs pick of Salmons, stern busted in and says, "When Charles and Kenny came into the league, they couldn't speak English either."

Great line.

Drbio
06-26-2002, 08:51 PM
many minutes later...Charles fires back with "Hey Commish...I take great pride in the fact that when I first met you your hair was all black."

not as good as the Commish line, but not bad.

Dooby
06-27-2002, 06:59 AM
Absolutely, Doc. I laughed out loud at the dig on Charles and Kenny.

Big Boy Laroux
06-27-2002, 07:47 AM
I laughed when that woman was interviewing yao's national team coach and asked, "has he ever faced someone with the skills and size of shaquille o'neal?"

you could hear barkley in the background... "what kind of question is that?!"

Murphy3
06-27-2002, 07:54 AM
bbl, that is a rather ignorant question..

charles tells it like he sees it..more often than not..he's telling it like it is

Big Boy Laroux
06-27-2002, 07:59 AM
oh, i agreed with barkley 100%. i thought it was a STUPID question, not just ignorant.

Dooby
06-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Why did we have to keep going back to Fratello (sp?) at the Grizzlies HQ? I mean, Jerry West is one thing, but they are still the F'ing Grizzlies. What did they think was going to happen?

It wasn't like Gooden was going to come on to the podium, reach behind his head, take off his mask like in Mission Impossible and reveal himself to be Kobe and say, "Haha!! I fooled you all. It is I, Kobe Bryant. The Grizzlies have drafted me. Jerry West is a genius!!!"