PDA

View Full Version : Best Draft History Article.

Dooby
06-30-2002, 01:55 PM
Idiot's Guide to the NBA draft (http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/020626.html)

I know theis was posted earlier, but I wanted people to see this if they missed it. it is just fantastic.

Includes the following:

Top Tier: Michael Olowokandi, Mike Bibby, Raef LaFrentz, Antawn Jamison, Vince Carter, Robert Traylor, Jason Williams, Larry Hughes, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce

First dropoff point: No. 11 (Bonzi Wells)

Second Tier studs: Wells, Keon Clark, Michael Dickerson, Matt Harpring

Second dropoff point: No. 16 (Bryce Drew)

Third Tier surprises: Pat Garrity (No. 19); Ricky Davis (No. 21); Al Harrington (No. 28); Nazr Mohammed (No. 29)

Second Round surprises: Ruben Patterson, Rashard Lewis, Cuttino Mobley, Jahidi White

Top Tier if they did it again: Nowitzki, Pierce, Carter, Bibby, Olowakandi, Jamison, Lewis, Wells, LaFrentz

(Note: Maybe the deepest draft of all-time -- this baby yielded 21 starters, four franchise guys and at least 10 possible All-Stars. Tough to top. And it doubled as the most interesting draft to watch while it was actually happening.)

Drbio
06-30-2002, 03:04 PM
98 was a great draft. The thing is, they are just going to keep getting better.

Murphy3
06-30-2002, 06:33 PM
best thing about it is that the the best player in the draft is a mav.. (dirk, obviously)

Bayliss
06-30-2002, 06:38 PM
<< best thing about it is that the the best player in the draft is a mav.. (dirk, obviously) >>

You sure it wasn't Buckner? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

TheKid
07-03-2002, 04:30 PM
Without question is Mobley....

Seriously though, I think in a few years Rashard Lewis will be arguably one of the top guys from that draft.. This kid seems like skys the limit for him.

Bayliss
07-03-2002, 04:54 PM
<< Seriously though, I think in a few years Rashard Lewis will be arguably one of the top guys from that draft.. This kid seems like skys the limit for him. >>

Rashard Lewis is a nice talent, but much like Garnett, Pippen &amp; Worthy, he'll never be a first option star.

Hoopsmeister
07-03-2002, 05:16 PM
<< Rashard Lewis is a nice talent, but much like Garnett, Pippen &amp; Worthy, he'll never be a first option star. >>

Maybe Pippen. I don't think I've seen anything to indicate he should even be compared to Garnett or Worthy. Frankly, I think Lewis' potential is somewhat over-rated.

Bayliss
07-03-2002, 05:28 PM
I wasn't comparing them in the sense of &quot;stats&quot; but in the ability to be &quot;the star&quot; on a team. Worthy never had that capability... Pippen never did... and Garnett is proving that he doeesn't have the capability.