PDA

View Full Version : Hey Clipper Fan-We Told You So.

Dooby
07-01-2002, 06:51 AM
From the New York Daily News:

The Clippers are up to their old tricks ... Always looking to take the cheap way out, they also recently informed Elton Brand that he's not getting "max money." David Falk, Brand's agent, "went crazy," as one Clips exec put it. The Clips had the same bad news for Darius Miles. So expect both to be moved soon: or to leave, which has always been the Clipper way. As the source said "We'll never pay anyone around here."

Bra-f_cking-vo.

Congrats Clipper fans, you were warned. Since you have only been fans of the Clippers for a little more than a week, you may not have known. Sterling is a cheap-ass bastard and has never shown a commitment to win anything. Well, at least they make a profit, Clipper-fan. And isn't that really what you are rooting for?

Drbio
07-01-2002, 10:26 AM
Wonder if that applies to Kandi too?

sheesh...of course it does......

Murphy3
07-01-2002, 04:01 PM
hmm

Rhylan
07-01-2002, 04:08 PM
Let's get whoever we can from that sad-sack owner!!

Miles
Odom
Kandi

would fit in immediately.

Brand would take a little shuffling (bye Raef i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif) but he's a man, so I'd take him!!

MavKikiNYC
07-01-2002, 04:23 PM
I smell drecks and Kandi...

Drbio
07-01-2002, 06:26 PM
Who could come to Dallas?

The Kandiman can....

Kat
07-02-2002, 01:44 AM
Sounds like Christmas in July.

Dooby
07-03-2002, 08:37 AM
Remember when RealClipsFan/JoeJoe tried to tell us that Sterling was going to keep these guys together? What a jackass.

TheKid
07-03-2002, 04:28 PM
Well the ONLY person on that team who even deserves to MENTION max is Brand.. I'm in agreement with the Clips if they don't want to pay Miles the Max.. He hasn't done a damn thing to deserve the max. Neither has Kandi, neither has Odom, neither has Richardson or anyone on that team OTHER than Brand.. I'd even take a second to think about Brand before I gave him the max too.

Hoopsmeister
07-03-2002, 05:14 PM
<< Well the ONLY person on that team who even deserves to MENTION max is Brand.. I'm in agreement with the Clips if they don't want to pay Miles the Max.. He hasn't done a damn thing to deserve the max. Neither has Kandi, neither has Odom, neither has Richardson or anyone on that team OTHER than Brand.. I'd even take a second to think about Brand before I gave him the max too. >>

I agree, but all of them besides Brand can still demand big money even if its not the max. And the article says they told Brand he wasn't getting the max--at the start of negotiations that's a bad sign because he certainly is good enough to at least have the max discussed.