PDA

View Full Version : Savovic signs with Denver

David
07-11-2002, 08:20 PM
Savovic signs one-year guaranteed deal

By Andy Katz
ESPN.com

Hawaii forward Predrag Savovic signed a one-year guaranteed contract with the Denver
Nuggets for the league minimum with the option for a second year, Savovic's agent
Marc Cornstein told ESPN.com Thursday.

Savovic went undrafted last month, the consensus choice for the most surprising snub
by the NBA. The 26-year-old Savovic had offers in Europe and returned to his native
Yugoslavia to decide what to do with his career. But Cornstein said the Nuggets
guaranteed him a deal and he will be with the team Sunday and throughout its summer
camp.

"His NBA dream is going to come true,'' Cornstein said.

The 6-6 Savovic averaged 20.3 points in leading Hawaii to a record back-to-back WAC
titles and NCAA Tournament appearances.

"We're thrilled for him,'' Hawaii coach Riley Wallace said. "This will really help us with
the NBA.''

Drbio
07-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Shockingi/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Murphy3
07-11-2002, 08:34 PM
i thought he was drafted?
i'm shocked!!!!!!!, who else isn't shocked?

oh wait, i'm not shocked anymore..

oh yeah, i'm shocked again..

let me delete that

DTL
07-11-2002, 09:43 PM
Kiki's going to build a fine organization in Denver.

David
07-12-2002, 05:24 AM
I'm not shocked that he managed to be a FA who signed a guaranteed contract. He's ONLY 26.

MavKikiNYC
07-12-2002, 07:45 AM
Sorry for the duplicate post.

David, this shocking scoop is yours.

Dirk77
07-12-2002, 05:24 PM
See, I was right. You'll thought I was stupid, but look, he gets a GUARANTEED contract.

Drbio
07-12-2002, 05:28 PM
But he still went undrafted. Noone said he sucked...just that they weren't surprised he didn't get drafted.

David
07-12-2002, 06:03 PM
<< See, I was right. You'll thought I was stupid, but look, he gets a GUARANTEED contract. >>

I don't believe that thoughts about your stupidity are related to whether or not Savovic was drafted or signed by Denver. In my opinion, they are separate issues.

Drbio
07-12-2002, 06:05 PM
Chinese Proverb credited to Confuscious.

&quot;It is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.&quot;

Murphy3
07-12-2002, 07:07 PM
<< I don't believe that thoughts about your stupidity are related to whether or not Savovic was drafted or signed by Denver. In my opinion, they are separate issues. >>

I think i'll coin this phrase by david The New &quot;shot heard around the world&quot;

Drbio
07-12-2002, 08:39 PM
Only took one shot to nail the bullseye.

Dirk77
07-12-2002, 09:18 PM
No, NO, No David. You said NOBODY WOULD WANT A 26 YEAR OLD ROOKIE! But they did.

David
07-13-2002, 07:40 AM
<< No, NO, No David. You said NOBODY WOULD WANT A 26 YEAR OLD ROOKIE! But they did. >>

I think you need to go back and look. I questioned whether any of the teams would WASTE a draft pick on a 26 year old rookie. Now that the draft is over, Savovic is merely a 26 year old player, looking for a job. If you'll notice, Denver didn't WASTE a draft pick and still got a player of Savovic's calibre, which, uh oh, makes my point for me, thank-you-very-much. The reason Denver, or any other team, didn't draft Savovic is, because they didn't have to. Guys like him are available as FAs, after the draft.

A link to one of the numerous Savovic threads (http://www.dallas-mavs.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=2&amp;threadid=4541)

(I edited to insert the link)