PDA

View Full Version : Bowen resigns with Nuggets

MavsFanFinley
07-17-2002, 09:50 PM
Nuggets re-sign restricted free agent F Ryan Bowen
July 17, 2002

DENVER (TICKER) -- The Denver Nuggets signed restricted free agent forward Ryan Bowen on Wednesday.

Terms were not disclosed. Bowen signed a three-year, $1.9 million contract prior to the 2000-01 season and opted out after this season. Under the collective bargaining agreement, Bowen, a three-year veteran, must receive no less than $612,435 for the upcoming season.

Bowen played in 75 games last season, his third in the NBA, all with the Nuggets. He averaged 4.9 points, 4.0 rebounds and 1.0 steals per game, all career highs. The team outscored foes by 75 points when Bowen was on the floor.

"I'm excited to be staying in Denver," Bowen said. "My family and I love the city and the fans, and the community has been great to us."

An Iowa native, Bowen was a 1998 second-round pick and has averaged 3.7 points and 2.9 rebounds while shooting 48 percent in 184 career games.

"We are extremely happy to have Ryan back," said Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe, who is overseeing a huge rebuilding project for a team that has not made the playoffs since 1995. "He embodies the type of player we want here - a hard worker with a great attitude."

Bowen was one of nine free agents for the Nuggets. Among the more prominent members of that group are guards Calbert Cheaney, George McCloud and Voshon Lenard.