PDA

View Full Version : Third Thread on Walton going to ABC/ESPN

Dooby
07-25-2002, 04:57 PM
I just thought we needed three threads on the subject.i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Perhaps we should do a poll.

J/K Dirk77. Just look before ya post a new thread next time. OK?

Dirk77
07-25-2002, 05:25 PM
Oh, I did look. But my article talked about barkley too.

Rhylan
07-25-2002, 07:03 PM
If you have more info, next time, just stick it in the same thread.

Additionally, the article you posted was the exact AP article that had already been posted.

Dirk77
07-25-2002, 07:23 PM
are you blind rhylan, lol???? My thread, the article was an ENTIRELY different one then the one already posted.

Drbio
07-25-2002, 07:36 PM
*sigh*

Rhylan
07-25-2002, 07:36 PM
Dirk77 -- your article, followed by the first one:

Walton Moves to ABC/ESPN, Barkley Stays With TNT

.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (July 25) -- Bill Walton and Tom Tolbert are heading from NBC to Disney network stations ABC and ESPN to call NBA games, while Charles Barkley signed a new deal with TNT.

Walton, a Hall of Famer, will team with play-by-play announcer Brad Nessler for ABC and ESPN, which, along with TNT, are starting a six-year, $4.6 billion TV rights deal with the NBA next season.

Tolbert, who played in the league from 1988-95, will join Mike Tirico as an ABC studio analyst and also will be a game analyst.

Walton and Nessler will be the lead duo for ABC's coverage and for ESPN's Wednesday games.

"With the NBA returning to ABC Sports for the first time in nearly three decades, we have assembled an announce crew that provides credibility and instant name recognition,'' ABC Sports president Howard Katz said Thursday.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT WALTON!

ABC, ESPN set NBA broadcasting teams; Barkley stays at TNT

July 25, 2002

NEW YORK (AP) -- Bill Walton and Tom Tolbert are heading from NBC to ABC and ESPN to call NBA games, while Charles Barkley signed a new deal with TNT.

Walton, a Hall of Famer, will team with play-by-play announcer Brad Nessler for ABC and ESPN, which, along with TNT, are starting a six-year, $4.6 billion TV rights deal with the NBA next season.

Tolbert, who played in the league from 1988-95, will join Mike Tirico as an ABC studio analyst and also will be a game analyst.

Walton and Nessler will be the lead duo for ABC's coverage and for ESPN's Wednesday games.

``With the NBA returning to ABC Sports for the first time in nearly three decades, we have assembled an announce crew that provides credibility and instant name recognition,'' ABC Sports president Howard Katz said Thursday.

Who is blind here?

madape
07-25-2002, 07:57 PM
Dirk77 added the comment NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT WALTON! .

Can't you see the difference??!?!

Rhylan
07-25-2002, 07:58 PM
lol... as if there ever was a thread needed to address people's hatred for Walton. it's assumed and understood without so much as a word needing to be said! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DTL
07-25-2002, 09:15 PM
i'm totally confused now. where's the second thread on this?

Dirk77
07-25-2002, 09:21 PM
Are you sure that was the article I posted? I could of swore it was longer, oh well, I believe you.

Rhylan
07-25-2002, 09:29 PM
DTL, I moved it to the trash since it was the same.

DTL
07-25-2002, 10:12 PM
<< DTL, I moved it to the trash since it was the same. >>

oh. thanks for the explanation.

and i just now noticed you're a mod now, Rhylan! congrats! and can you please lock the fan club of the world cup korean girl thread for us, please?? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Rhylan
07-25-2002, 10:33 PM
No way!! That thread shall live on as long as the merits of the Korean girl allow it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Hell, I thought about making it appear at the top all the time...lol!

Drbio
07-25-2002, 10:51 PM
Rhylan- that's what he means. Lock it at the top with a &quot;!&quot;. We discussed it in the World Cup thread.

Rhylan
07-25-2002, 11:09 PM
I thought he meant lock it as in lock it. Lock it. Ya know? Lock it. So nobody can get in. That's whatcha do when you lock somthing. Lock people out. That, I'd never do.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

DTL
07-26-2002, 12:09 AM
my bad. i meant &quot;lock it to the top of the page&quot; forever, with a &quot;!&quot; on it.

please....?

Drbio
07-26-2002, 08:09 AM
If you lock it I will start another. And another. And another. Well, you get the picture. I would consider it to be community service.i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif