PDA

View Full Version : SheWebb Headed to Big House to become some Bad Man's Boyfriend

MavKikiNYC
08-06-2002, 06:20 AM
Kings' Webber might be indicted
08/06/2002

Associated Press

DETROIT The U.S. attorney's office is expected to seek an indictment of Sacramento Kings player Chris Webber on charges he lied to a federal grand jury about his dealings with a University of Michigan basketball booster, sources told The Detroit News.

A grand jury could be asked to indict Webber as early as Wednesday on charges of making a false declaration before a grand jury on Aug. 2, 2000, sources familiar with the investigation told the newspaper. If convicted, the former Michigan standout could face five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

In May, ex-Michigan booster Ed Martin pleaded guilty to conspiracy to launder monetary instruments.

Martin, 68, admitted he took gambling money, co-mingled it with earned income and money given to him from another person, then loaned it to at least four players, including $280,000 to Webber.

OzMavs
08-06-2002, 06:25 AM
Bad things happen to Chris Webber part 678!

Drbio
08-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Webber will not see the inside of a jail for this.

Red White and Blue
08-06-2002, 03:00 PM
I agree with Drbio, Chris will not see any jail time for this. I think the title of this thread is out of line, kids come on this site ya know.

MavKikiNYC
08-06-2002, 04:58 PM
<< I agree with Drbio, Chris will not see any jail time for this. I think the title of this thread is out of line, kids come on this site ya know. >>

Watch your language.