PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation2

Pages : [1] 2

Murphy3
05-05-2001, 10:31 AM
just got a play station 2 yesterday. actually, i bought it for my fiancee for her graduation gift.

anyone know any good games to get?

LonestarROB
05-05-2001, 11:11 AM
Country music, Playstation2. I really starting to like your style Murphy i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif .

Gotta get Madden 2001. That game is simply AWESOME. Also highly recomend SSX.

It really depends on what genre your into.

btw, if you go back a few pages, we got a Videogame thread somewhere already i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif .

djb
05-05-2001, 01:00 PM
Yea there's a lot of discussion in that Videogames thread. I haven't touched my PS2 in a while, but I plan on getting a bunch of games come summertime (Onimusha, DOA2: Hardcore, etc). I currently have SSX, Madden 2k1, NBA Live 2k1, Ridge Racer V, Tekken Tag, and maybe one other. I really don't play games much though..using it more as a DVD player i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
05-05-2001, 02:55 PM
I also highly recomend ATV: Offroad Fury. That game is really good. Or just wait a few weeks until the mother of all videogames comes out. Gran Turismo 3 : A-Spec . Ooooohhhhh baby I can't wait.

btw, the PS2 games I have:
Madden 2001
NBA Live 2001
Triple Play 2001
NHL 2001
ATV: Offroad Fury
SSX
Rayman 2
Smugglers Run
Sky Odysee
Star Wars: Star Fighter

ReggieThetaChi
05-05-2001, 10:24 PM
Haven't gotten a PS-2 yet. Want one, though. I made the fatal mistake of buying a Dreamcast. Now, they don't make games for it anymore. How lame is that?

LonestarROB
05-06-2001, 09:46 AM
It's lame for Dreamcast owners but I think it's great. All those games are coming to the PS2 now.

Murphy3
05-07-2001, 09:13 AM
i bought nhl 2001 on saturday,
i love sports games, but i'm also into games like Wizardry, Zelda, that type of thing.
also, racing games, (other than autoracing). like jetski racing, ...

what is SSX?
i haven't really played video games since i was 12-13 or so. the last thing i had was a basic nintendo. so, it's been awhile for me

LonestarROB
05-07-2001, 10:49 AM
SSX is a Snowboarding/Boardercross game that won Videogame of the year last year. Go Here (http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/14022.html) to find out all about it.

You like racing games(not autoracing though). I say check out ATV: Offroad Fury. I find that game to be a blast, especially with a friend.

And if you like Zelda type games, then check out Dark Cloud . They call it the PS2's Zelda. It's not out yet but should come out in a few weeks.

Big Boy Laroux
05-07-2001, 11:34 AM
DJ, i think you should check Murphy's IP address. I don't think he's LAM, i think he's $Rob$.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

djb
05-07-2001, 12:12 PM
lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
05-07-2001, 02:07 PM
How dare you insult me like that i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif . hehe

Murphy3
05-07-2001, 02:21 PM
hell, i'd rather be called lam than rob

LonestarROB
05-07-2001, 05:05 PM
Speaking of Dreamcast Reggie, have any of ya'll played Crazy Taxi? What's your opinions about it?

djb
05-07-2001, 05:30 PM
Aren't they porting that game over to the PS2? I played around with it in the store a few months ago and didn't really like it.

LonestarROB
05-07-2001, 06:44 PM
Yeah, it comes out next week on the PS2. And you've just set heavy doubt on my mind i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif . I was thinking of buying it. Anybody else played it?

Murphy3
05-08-2001, 08:58 AM
thanks for the game tips rob
yeah, i'll have to check out ps2's zelda like game.
and ssx sounds cool also

well, anyone have any suggestions for baseball?

LonestarROB
05-08-2001, 02:10 PM
"Anyone have any suggestions for baseball?"

That's a good question and one I have yet to find the answer to. I have Triple Play Baseball but have also played High Heat 2001 and All-Star Baseball 2001(that's all that's out right now).

Triple Play. It's got good graphics but arcadish gameplay. Some people like it, some hate it. I'm personally think it's kinda boring though. TP Review (http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/15848.html)

High Heat. Gameplay is AWESOME. Truest(is that a word i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif ) simulation of real baseball there is. But not Boring like the real thing. Graphics on the other hand are pitiful. Just a step(and a small step at that) above Playstation 1 graphics. Overall, a very solid game. High Heat Review (http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/15574.html)

All-Star Baseball. Mixture of both. Good gameplay and good graphics. And simulates the real thing pretty well. If you can get by all the minor little bugs, I'd probably buy this one. ASB Review (http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/14320.html)

And HERE (http://ps2.ign.com/previews/13805.html) is some info on Dark Cloud i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif .

djb
05-10-2001, 02:25 AM
Now that I'm finally finished with school, I think I'm going to head down to Best Buy and pick up some PS2/PC games i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Onimusha is tops on my list. Anything else been released lately? The list of PS2 titles has been looking pretty good lately, but every time I go to Best Buy, there are only like 10 or so different games (most of which suck!).

Also I think I can finally re-install Age of Empires II (AOE2) on my comp again. My grades slip and I fall pretty far behind in school and work whenever that game is installed!

LonestarROB
05-10-2001, 09:25 AM
I need some New PS2 games too but i don't know what to get. There's nothing out there that interests me right now. Been waiting for my Playstation Underground demo to come(supposed to be here already i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif ). I hear it has Red Faction(playable) on it. Hope it has some other good games on it too. I'm dying for something new.

djb
05-10-2001, 09:28 AM
Oh and that reminds me..I actually got the Red Faction demo in the mail a few weeks ago but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. Will let you know how it is if I can find that disc.

LonestarROB
05-10-2001, 09:37 AM
Cool. I guess your one of the lucky ones. I hear alot of people that ordered that demo haven't or aren't getting it. Well tell me how it is. I should be getting mine in the next day or two though. I wasn't really interested in Red Faction at first but over the last couple weeks, it's looking more and more promising to me.

Murphy3
05-10-2001, 03:59 PM
never heard of red faction
what is it?

LonestarROB
05-10-2001, 04:02 PM
Red Faction (http://ps2.ign.com/previews/15003.html)

LonestarROB
05-11-2001, 04:13 PM
ARRGH i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif I want my freakin demo disk i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif .

LonestarROB
05-12-2001, 11:09 PM
Spent any time with the Red Faction demo yet DJ? What's your thoughts? I hear the framerate sucks but other then that.

djb
05-12-2001, 11:14 PM
Nope still haven't gotten around to it yet. Will let you know when I do though!

Murphy3
05-14-2001, 03:01 PM
play station needs to come out with a game based upon the lord of the rings

LonestarROB
05-19-2001, 02:29 PM
Got Crazy Taxie yesterday. For the PS2. Kinda weird, when putting the disk in the SONY playstation2, the first thing you see is the SEGA logo i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif . lol. Anyways, it's an OK game. Kinda fun but it's relatively hard IMO. The controls SUCK! This game was clearly made for the Deamcast controller(Trigger buttons). Oh well, it's probably not worth the $50 price tag but it's a pretty decent game. It'll hold me over for a couple weeks I think.

LonestarROB
05-21-2001, 04:13 PM
YIIPEEE! Got my underground demo disk today, and Red Faction IS on it. Played it for a few minutes and don't really care for it. Don't know why but I can't get into First Person Shooters. I've always thought the controls SUCKED. But maybe that's just me. I does look really good though.

Flying Tiger
05-21-2001, 04:22 PM
Man...how lame do the Mario Brothers sound now. Can you believe we paid money to play a game with little Italians that ate mushrooms to grow and leaves to turn into a beaver or something. And what was up with the flowers that made you spit fire?

LonestarROB
05-21-2001, 04:24 PM
lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

MFFL
05-21-2001, 04:40 PM
Damn you guys make me feel old. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I remember when PONG first came out.

LonestarROB
05-24-2001, 09:41 AM
After more time with the Red Faction demo, I've come to the conclusion that it's a really good game. Haven't decided yet if I'll buy it or not though, but I'm seriously thinking about it. It's fun blowing peoples heads off i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

Oh and dj, If you play the demo, try placing a bomb on the back of your friend and watch him run around. Then step back and detinate the bomb to blow him to pieces. haha i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
05-29-2001, 04:19 PM
Million dollars to the first person who can find me a copy of Red Faction for the PS2. GAWD, everybodys freaking sold out i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif .

djb
05-29-2001, 04:28 PM
Why not buy it online off Amazon or EBWorld? BTW, if you liked Red Faction you should really try some of the new pc games out. I spent the last couple days playing and finishing Deus Ex, probably the best game to come out for the pc last year (released June 2000). It's really cool b/c there are so many different ways you can complete missions and you can interact with/kill so many different people. They're porting it over to the PS2 later this year too I think. But if you get sick of the PS2, you should definitely check out some of the newer pc releases! Only thing you gotta keep in mind is some of these new games require an incredibly up-to-date pc.

LonestarROB
05-29-2001, 05:01 PM
"Why not buy it online off Amazon or EBWorld?"

Well, I'd like to try and trade some other games in for it if I can. But none of the stores that do that will have it in stock 'till next week. Best Buy told me today that they'd get some in on Thursday though. I'll try then and if not, I may have to get it off the net.

I'm not into PC gaming, don't know why but never have been. Heard alot about Deus Ex, and yes it does come out on the PS2 later this year, but Red Faction's pretty much the only FPS I've EVER taking a liking too. Maybe this is the start of a new genre for me, who knows.

LonestarROB
05-29-2001, 05:03 PM
Oh,

"But if you get sick of the PS2"

That'll never happen i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

LonestarROB
05-31-2001, 04:29 PM
No luck at Best Buy i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif . They said they lost the shipment or something. Yeah right i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif .

LonestarROB
06-01-2001, 03:45 PM
Got it. Of all the places, found it at the little Wall-Mart down the street. i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

djb
06-01-2001, 03:58 PM
Haha guess we won't be seeing you for a couple days i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LonestarROB
06-01-2001, 05:43 PM
haha, I'll make sure to come visit some i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

Haven't played a hole lot yet but it's really good. My only complaint so far would be that parts of it are REALLY dark. To the point in some places that you can't even see really. Other then that, I'm happy.

I suggest you check it out DJ i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif .

LonestarROB
06-02-2001, 10:56 AM
1 day into Red Faction and I've already walked, swam, drove a Jeep, submarine, and a spaceship thingy. Something cooler after every door.

I'm playing on easy and it's still pretty tough. Got stuck last night and had to search the internet for help. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

So far, I'm loving this game.

LonestarROB
06-02-2001, 09:42 PM
This game is such a ripoff. You pay $50 bucks for the game itself and then you have to pay $35 bucks for a new controller after every time you throw it at the TV, and $500 more bucks for a new TV after hitting it so many times with the controller. This game is really starting to piss me off. Excuse me while I get this off my chest.

i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif
http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cwm/big/firemad.gif http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cwm/big/firemad.gif http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/cwm/big/firemad.gif
i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

Ah, that feels better i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif .

djb
06-02-2001, 10:58 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif AHAHAHAHAHAH i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
06-03-2001, 09:17 AM
http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/mfinger/thefinger.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LonestarROB
06-03-2001, 08:01 PM
WOOHOO!!!

Thanks to the heroic efforts of one Parker(me), Mars(or whatever planet it was) has now been saved and freed from all evil. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Man, that was a really good/cool/fun game.

djb
06-03-2001, 08:22 PM
You finished the entire game already?

LonestarROB
06-03-2001, 10:50 PM
Yep i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif .

LonestarROB
06-05-2001, 10:21 AM
Apparently I skiped alot of stuff because reading messages at a Red Faction board, there's several things that they did or found that I completely missed. Guess that's what I get for running through the game like a mad man. But what do you expect, there's guys constantly chasing you a$$.

Big Boy Laroux
06-05-2001, 10:57 AM
man! i hate that!

i beat both oddworld games, but when i got to the end, i hadn't rescued enough people to give me the best ending. and there was no way i was gonna go back and play it again just for that...

also, i hate how in those games like final fantasy, you have to walk around and fight lots of battles right before the end boss so that you're powerful enought to beat him. that sucks. takes forever. I'm actually talking about the legend of dragoon, specifically. cool game, actually with some cool game-play, but when i got to the end, even after having beaten all the previous levels and bosses and all, i was nowhere near powerful enough to beat the last boss. and i had rented the game, so i wasn't about to go walking around to earn experience.

also, my brother and i were playing FF 7, and we were to the end, but we had to walk around and fight to get experience. we still haven't beaten the game, because we got sick of doing that. that was like three years ago.

djb
06-05-2001, 11:35 AM
I played and beat this game Deus Ex last week and it turned out to have three separate endings. That REALLY pissed me off b/c the one I ended up with totally sucked! Since I'd already beaten the game, I just entered the cheat codes (I'm sure most, if not all, games have 'em) to watch the other two endings i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
06-05-2001, 12:02 PM
Dude, oddworld, those games are awesome. Pissed the hell outta me when they announced there leaving PS2 for X-Box. If I get an X-Box, it'll probably be for just that game.

Murphy3
06-05-2001, 12:11 PM
man, i love games like final fantasy and wizardry..where you create your own characters and build them up...it's sweet...i need to find a good game like that for play station 2

djb
06-05-2001, 12:12 PM
Do you guys like Diablo (1 and 2)? I've played the PS1 version of Diablo, and am thinking about getting Diablo 2 for the PC.

LonestarROB
06-05-2001, 12:13 PM
Never played it.

djb
06-05-2001, 12:14 PM
Diablo 1 for the PlayStation is a ton of fun, especially if you play it with a friend. The controls worked real well too (which is why I'm a little hesitant to get Diablo 2, which would require using a mouse/keyboard combo).

LonestarROB
06-05-2001, 02:41 PM
Is it an FPS? I think I'm gonna have to try more of those kinda games out.

djb
06-05-2001, 03:48 PM
No it's not a FPS..check out the Blizzard (http://www.blizzard.com) website for more info and some screenshots.

LonestarROB
06-05-2001, 07:42 PM
Oh, I see. Doesn't look like a game I'd be interested in, but I wasn't interested in Red Faction at first either, and that game ROCKS i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

djb
06-07-2001, 12:08 AM
Rob, this isn't PS2-related but I thought you might be interested in this. Fill in a quick questionnaire and get a free Conker's Bad Fur Day Soundtrack CD i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

here (http://conker.com/BFD/blockbuster/survey_page.html)

LonestarROB
06-07-2001, 02:38 PM
haha, Better not, I'm might start talking like that i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

LonestarROB
06-12-2001, 07:53 PM
Almost about to beat Red Faction for the second time. Seems to be taking alot longer this time for some reason. Maybe because last time I ran through it like a wuss. This time I'm not backing down from any gun fights they try to put up against me. And I'm making sure every single person I come across is killed DEAD. Even the "good" guys. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Oh well, Any games you looking forward to DJ or anybody else for that matter? I'm dying for Gran Turismo 3 to come out.

djb
06-12-2001, 08:38 PM
There really aren't any games I'm looking forward to. Aside from an occasional game of AOE2, I just don't have time for gaming right now. My personal trainer certification exam is coming up and I'm constantly racking my brain over the layout of this site (frustrating, to say the least).

Hmm I take that back, pc games like Warcraft III and Age of Myth (successor to the AOE line) definitely look interesting. I'm not sure what's coming out on PS2, so the next game I buy will probably be NBA Live 2k2 when it comes out later this year i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Let me know if anything good comes out though! Gran Turismo 3 and the sequel to Metal Gear Solid look pretty cool!

LonestarROB
06-12-2001, 09:11 PM
Well, NBA Street is said to come out next Wednsday. Pretty much a given i'm gonna get that . Probably trade Live in for it. After that it's Gran Turismo 3 on July 11 for me. Don't know what after that though. There's alot of games coming out later this year that I got alot of interest in.

djb
06-12-2001, 09:14 PM
Oh yea I remember wanting to get that game. Might have to pick it up..just as soon as you get it first and report back with a review i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
06-12-2001, 09:16 PM
haha, will do i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif .

djb
06-18-2001, 06:36 PM
Rob, just wanted to let you know that right now you can get 25% off any EA game over at the EA.com store! I think the special ends in a couple days so hurry and grab a copy of NBA Street for $37.46! Just add a game to your shopping cart and the 25% will automatically be taken off.

Fidel
06-18-2001, 07:28 PM
Hey guys, just discovered that thread. Yipiiee a gaming thread.
DJ I´m pretty much into PC-gaming, I´m a pretty decent Quake player. I was playing quake1 and action Quake when I was younger. Also played a lot of Quake3. I am member of two decent german clans, but I´m no longer active, cause of a simple lack of time. I´ve never been into real time strategy games, but I love round based strategy like Jagged Allience, Panzer General, Battle Isle.
RPG games are also good. Especially Fallout 1 and 2. Diablo 2, well I´d recommend it for single player, I played it for some time at Battlenet (have a LVL 99 lord), but there are more and more cheaters, and this sucks.
For online gaming, I´m still into Quake3, and have an Everquest account (but I really haven´t had time to play much recently).
The latest games I got are Operation Flashpoint (a tactical shooter like CS), Startopia (like Dungeon Keeper, only it plays in space), and Serious Sam (a simple shooter like the old Doom 2, gosh I can´t wait till Doom3 comes out, Carmack really is a genious).

LonestarROB
06-18-2001, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up DJ but I HAVE to sell some of my games. There collecting way too much dust. And that's not really a good deal really. $38.00, plus tax, plus the $7-$8 for 2 day shipping, that still comes out almost the same. Just a couple bucks less. I figure I'd trade in NBA Live and NHL and get Street free(or atleast maybe only a few bucks). The longer you wait before selling the less you get, so I'm not gonna wait any longer. Probably waited too long already. Thanks though i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

djb
06-18-2001, 08:55 PM
What are all the PS2 games you're interested in selling and how much do you want for them?

LonestarROB
06-18-2001, 09:02 PM
Right now. NHL 2001, and NBALive 2001. I'm ready to get rid of both those NOW. 'cause they suck.

I'm about ready to sell Smugglers Run, Rayman 2, and Triple Play 2001 too. Maybe even Crazy Taxi aswell.

Don't know for how much though. I guess however much their willing to give me. Somethings better then nothing. I'd say probably between 20-25 each.

Sold SSX for $25 the other day.

Flying Tiger
06-18-2001, 11:35 PM
Don't sell Crazy Taxi! I've played that before...that is the greatest game ever!

Fidel
06-19-2001, 04:35 AM
Hey DJ, what about the games I mentioned. Did you play any of these?

Big Boy Laroux
06-19-2001, 10:28 AM
rob, ever hear of renting games? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
06-19-2001, 10:51 AM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Yeah, I rent games all the time. But also, it takes soo long for my Blockbuster to get new releases in, so I just get tired of waiting and go buy 'em.

Tiger, Crazy Taxi was good for a while but it gets tiresome. The PS2 version also has some annoying bugs that really effect the game play. And besides, I already beat it. It's time for it to go I think.

djb
06-19-2001, 11:59 AM
Fidel~

Back in highschool, I was as obsessed with DOOM II as anyone out there! This was before the days of online gaming, so I had to pay to play on a local gaming network called DWANGO that supported the id games as well as Warcraft II. The network was later bought by Microsoft and eventually died once online gaming became popular. Anyway, DOOM II and Warcraft II consumed ALL my time back in highschool! As for Quake, I absolutely loved it and played it all the time on my school's LAN, but then I just stopped playing games (college life ruled i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif). I also just wasn't impressed with Q2 when it came out. I started gaming again a few years later when I installed the Age of Empires cd that came with my laptop. Now THAT was a killer game! Aside from the occasional bout of Age of Empires 2 (AOE2), I hardly ever play games now. My PS2 is just sitting there, collecting dust (though I KNOW I'll get more use out of it once I move to cali with a buddy of mine). I played and finished Deus Ex a couple weekends ago and absolutely loved it, though I doubt I'll be playing any more fps games in the near future. There's just no time for it! Plus I've gotten incredibly rusty with the keyboard/mouse combo i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Right now I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Warcraft III and the follow-up to AOE2 (Age of Myth). And I'll also probably buy any NBA game that comes out on the PS2. Oh and I've also been meaning to give Diablo II a try, since I spent countless hours playing the original on the PlayStation (two player mode rocks!).

djb
06-19-2001, 12:00 PM
Let me know when you're thinking of selling Red Faction i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I might want to give it a try!

LonestarROB
06-19-2001, 01:11 PM
It'll probably be a while before I want to sell Red Faction. It's just soo damn COOL i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif .

LonestarROB
06-19-2001, 10:47 PM
NBA Street Review (http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/15993.html) and Another one (http://www.psxnation.com/reviews/ps2reviews?idnumber=000094)

Another must buy title they say. I'm gonna try and get it tomorrow. Will report back as soon as possible. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

djb
06-19-2001, 10:50 PM
Sweet! I'm DEFINITELY getting it!

LonestarROB
06-19-2001, 11:11 PM
Oh btw, I saw someone on a gaming board who bought NBA street from the eagames.com website, where they got the 25% off thing you mentioned. He said the total amount came out to $53.67. So it's not really a good deal. Didn't know if you might take that rout or not, just wanted to let you know though. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

djb
06-19-2001, 11:14 PM
That doesn't sound right..unless the guy's not in the US. After the 25% discount, the game is about $37. Shipping is another $5.

LonestarROB
06-19-2001, 11:20 PM
Good point. He didn't say where he lived. He may have chosen next day air too. Which was $15 I think.

djb
06-19-2001, 11:22 PM
I still have $60 left on a Best Buy gift card someone gave me so I'll probably use that to buy the game. Oh and if anyone's interested, I picked up the Robotech DVD set today for $35 i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I LOVED Robotech when I was a kid!

LonestarROB
06-19-2001, 11:25 PM
Mmmmm, can't say I've ever heard of that.

djb
06-19-2001, 11:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear you were so deprived as a child! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

LonestarROB
06-19-2001, 11:29 PM
lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

LonestarROB
06-20-2001, 01:22 PM
4 calls to the local GameStop. Street still hasn't arrived yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif . I'll keep trying.

LonestarROB
06-21-2001, 02:40 PM
Ok, found NBA Street today. Only played 1 game put here's my EARLY impression. Very Good. I'm not good at giving reviews, It's much easier for me to answer questions. So if you got any DJ, I'll try to answer them the best I can.

One nifty thing I did notice though, was the Mavs uniforms. The new logo and mock-up jersey's featuring the new logo are both in the game.

Big Boy Laroux
06-21-2001, 03:03 PM
hey rob, is it a 5-on-5 game, or an NBA Jam type of game?

LonestarROB
06-21-2001, 04:00 PM
3-3 but you can have more then 3 to a team. For instance the Mavs. Nash, Dirk, Finley, Bradley, and Howard are all selectable just before tipoff. You pick the 3 that will best matchup against the other team(it shows who the computer controlled team is picking so you can match accordingly). Then if you win that game, you pick 1 player from that team to add to yours(ex. If I beat the Raptors I could add Carter to my team if I wanted. Or Antonio Davis so on and so). And you would be able to select him for your team before the start of the next game. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Btw, Jordan is avalible for your team from the get go.

LonestarROB
06-21-2001, 04:03 PM
Btw, I've played 6 games and I'm 0-6 so far. That's with Jordan. And as mush as I hate to admit it. You can't win without Bradley.

Big Boy Laroux
06-21-2001, 04:09 PM
so with each win, your roster builds? so you could have about 30 guys on your team?

LonestarROB
06-21-2001, 04:17 PM
Yep. don't know about 30 though. I don't know how many rounds there are. If there's 30, then I guess you could have a 30 man team. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

If I could ever make it past the first round, I might be able to tell you. I can't even get past the first team. 0-6 against the Freaking Grizzlies. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif And that's with Jordan, Finley, and Dirk on my team.

Big Boy Laroux
06-21-2001, 04:26 PM
oh, so it's built up like a tournament?

in NBA Jam or NBA on NBC or NBA Showtime, you have to play every team once before you can move on.

LonestarROB
06-21-2001, 04:32 PM
From what I can tell, Yes. You travel to different cities and play at different street parks. I believe Rucker Park(in NY) is one of the stops along the way. You start off in Vancover, playing in the rain. After that, who knows. I HAVEN'T FREAKING MADE IT PASS IT YET i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif . lol

Flying Tiger
06-21-2001, 08:31 PM
Rob...if you can't beat the Grizzlies how do you expect to eventually beat the Lakers?

LonestarROB
06-21-2001, 09:23 PM
Hopefully by then I will have amassed a good combination of players to throw at 'em. I did beat the Grizz(took Shareef from there team), and the Raptors(took Carter). Also beat a boss team called BIGGS(Boss man Biggs was added to my team. And then I beat the Hawks(took Jason Terry).

This game is tough. Every game comes down to the last shot and unfortunately I'm on the wrong end most of the time. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Oh well, it is a good/fun game. The controls are what's giving me trouble.

LonestarROB
06-21-2001, 09:38 PM
But it is/was over hyped IMO and not really a "Must Buy" so to speak.

djb
06-22-2001, 12:42 AM
I'm going to drop by Best Buy tomorrow and see if it's available. It sounds pretty cool!

djb
06-22-2001, 12:47 AM
Hmm I take that back. I'll probably spend all my money on DVD's tomorrow since there's a 20% off sale at Best Buy i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
06-22-2001, 08:51 AM
Just curious, do you use your PS2 as a DVD player also? Or do you have another DVD player?

djb
06-22-2001, 09:48 AM
Both

djb
06-22-2001, 11:23 AM
I've actually been looking for a remote for my PS2 but all the ones I've seen (Best Buy has like four different kinds) have looked cheap and not very functional. Do you use your system to watch DVDs? The quality's actually not bad (looks just like my set-top DVD) and the controller really isn't too hard to use as a remote.

LonestarROB
06-22-2001, 11:28 AM
Nah, I don't/or haven't used mine as a DVD player yet. I'm thinking about trying though, just to see how good(or Bad) it looks. I don't watch movies much though.

djb
06-22-2001, 11:32 AM
I don't know why but I love getting DVD's i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I was never big into buying movies until I got a DVD drive (first one was my old laptop actually). I guess I just like not having to rewind or search through movies for a particular scene. Plus I bought half my DVD's for probably less than $10 each through online specials (BigStar.com used to give out free DVD's if you spent like $15).

I highly recommend buying the 3-disc Robotech DVD set at Best Buy for $34.99! It'll be a great way to start off your collection i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
06-22-2001, 11:41 AM
The only movies I own are Cowboy Way, Twister and Forest Gump. lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Flying Tiger
06-23-2001, 12:05 AM
That's a sad collection Rob.

Murphy3
06-23-2001, 09:13 AM
actually..i'm huge into buying the tapes now...
since i can find so many for 5 bucks.
yeah..anything that needs to be on dvd, i buy on dvd, like the matrix or something like that...
but, some of the comedies i like don't necessarily need to be on dvd.
so, i'm getting what i want cheap.

MFFL
06-23-2001, 11:50 AM
I've been getting a huge number of DVD's lately. The store I work at is starting to carry them.

LonestarROB
06-23-2001, 08:22 PM
Ugh, Street is freaking tough. It's hard to play defense but you MUST do so or you'll lose, BAD. And the computer cheats like crazy. Otherwise it's a cool game. Managed to get my record back over .500(after a 1-8 start). My record is something like 24-17 or something.

LonestarROB
06-24-2001, 01:37 PM
Hey DJ, they have a DVD remote for the PS2 in todays Best Buy ad that looks pretty good. Alot of different buttons for different things. Just letting you know. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Btw, I think it was made by Zenith.

Flying Tiger
06-24-2001, 01:49 PM
Lots of buttons are always a plus.

LonestarROB
06-25-2001, 11:01 PM
Finally made it through every round and beat the game. Finished with a 43-20 record. Pretty damn impressive considering how bad I started out, something like 2-8.

Anyway, it's a cool game. I highly recomend it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
07-03-2001, 09:06 AM
1..Week until the Greatest videogame of all time hits the store shelves.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/181981.jpg

And I'm scared to death that it'll be sold out and I won't get it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif

Murphy3
07-03-2001, 09:15 AM
damn, i got freaking motion sickness from red faction

LonestarROB
07-03-2001, 09:30 AM
haha, yeah, I did too at some parts.

Murphy3
07-03-2001, 09:48 AM
i'm never playing that game again..i was near puking from playing that game for about 20 minutes

LonestarROB
07-03-2001, 09:52 AM
haha, sell it to DJ. He might buy it from you. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Murphy3
07-03-2001, 10:09 AM
it's not "technically" mine.
kinda my girlfriend's..so, i can't really sell it..well, let me know, maybe we can figure something out

Murphy3
07-03-2001, 10:11 AM
fidel, have you hear of the hawk brothers?
a couple of U.S. guys..one of them plays occasionally, i think he played in the australian

LonestarROB
07-07-2001, 10:26 AM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif . Awesome Gran Turismo 3 movies. Check 'em out. There kinda big so they may take a few minutes to download. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Movie 1 (http://viewer.ign.com/media_page.jsp?width=512&height=384&media=http://ps2movies.ign.com/media/previews/video/gt3/gt3cotedazur.mov&media_src=embed&media_type=N&obje ct_id=36377&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2%26adc hannel%3Dps2%26pagetype%3Darticle&ign_section=17&m edia_name=Cote+d%27Azur+%28Monaco%29) My personal favorite and the shortest.

Movie 2 (http://viewer.ign.com/media_page.jsp?width=512&height=384&media=http://ps2movies.ign.com/media/previews/video/gt3/gt3tokyor246.mov&media_src=embed&media_type=N&obje ct_id=36377&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2%26adc hannel%3Dps2%26pagetype%3Darticle&ign_section=17&m edia_name=Tokyo+R246)

Just 4 more days until Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec takes over the Nation. WOOHOO i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
07-07-2001, 11:38 PM
What the hell? i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif . Snoop Dogg has a song on Gran Turismo 3 called Dogg's Turismo 3. LOL i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Flying Tiger
07-07-2001, 11:43 PM
Is he dead?

LonestarROB
07-07-2001, 11:46 PM
Snoop Dogg's not dead.

Flying Tiger
07-07-2001, 11:53 PM
Ok...just needed to get my facts straight. But at the rate they're droppin' he could be dead and you just don't know it yet.

Flying Tiger
07-07-2001, 11:56 PM
That last comment was a little twisted...I appologize.

djb
07-08-2001, 12:49 AM
When I went to watch "Kiss of the Dragon" the other night, they played a preview for what at first appeared to be a freaky horror/suspense flick. But then Snoop Dogg is introduced as the bad guy/ghost/demon and the whole theater starts laughing their asses off. Snoop Dogg for life yo i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif Man where's Hales when ya need him?

Flying Tiger
07-08-2001, 12:52 AM
Where has he been? He hasn't posted in a ling time.

djb
07-08-2001, 12:55 AM
Last time he checked in he said he was working all summer long. He'll be back in full force (he was probably the third most active member here before) once he goes back to school and has easy access to the Net.

djb
07-08-2001, 12:56 AM
BTW Rob, do you still play NBA Street? I was meaning to go pick it up today but after spending all afternoon at the gym, I was too exhausted to go anywhere when I got home. Hopefully I'll be able to swing by Best Buy tomorrow and pick it up.

Flying Tiger
07-08-2001, 12:57 AM
Yeah...he was definantely one of the big guys. Like Evilmav2...but he's gone too.

djb
07-08-2001, 12:59 AM
Well Evilmav's lack of net access has been well documented the last couple weeks i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Hales is just busy working I guess.

LonestarROB
07-08-2001, 08:42 AM
"BTW Rob, do you still play NBA Street?"

Yeah, play it all the time. My record is something like 75-22 and I'm still a long ways from beating the game. One of the best things about the game(or atleast I think it is) is that the games only take 10-15(20 at the most) minutes to play. It's not like NBA Live where you need almost an hour to play 1 season game.

You should definitly pick it up.

LonestarROB
07-09-2001, 02:31 PM
Ok, got Gran Turismo 3 reserved at 2 places. They both tell me it'll be here on Wed. I hope there right, but we'll see(you never know with these things). EB World's got a great deal too. Trade in 2 PS2 games(not just any PS2 game though) and get GT 3 for FREE. What a great deal.

Anyway, I'm soo excited right now.

Btw dj, you were looking for a good DVD remote for the PS2. Sony will be releasing a DVD remote specificly for the PS2 in September. I got a picture of it(looks really cool. Looks like it has alot of different functions) but I can't find a picture on the internet. So I can't post it. It'll retail for $19.99. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

djb
07-09-2001, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the info Rob. BTW, what's the big deal with Gran Turismo? I mean, I have the original PS1 game, and thought it was ok. I've never really been into racing games but I did have fun with it (though I must say, racing against the comp was always damn hard). I have Ridge Racer V for PS2 and played it for a bout 10mins TOTAL.

LonestarROB
07-09-2001, 02:42 PM
I think the big deal with Gran Turismo is that it's easily the Best racing videogame EVER made. On any console. And it's also incredibly deep too. Most games can be beaten in just a few days or weeks. GT has a life span of something like 1 year. It took me several month(7-9) to beat the original and I still have not come close to beating GT 2(granted I don't play it anymore but..). I don't know, it's just AWESOME! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
07-09-2001, 02:51 PM
Btw, I played Ridge Racer too and didn't like it much. That's an arcade racer. Gran Turismo is pure simulation.

LonestarROB
07-09-2001, 03:39 PM
Ooh, found a pic.

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/news/image/anoop/001128update/ps2remote.jpg

LonestarROB
07-09-2001, 03:39 PM
*EDIT*

LonestarROB
07-11-2001, 08:12 PM
Finaly got Gran Turismo 3 today and well, it's GREAT. Graphics a great, as is the game play. Haven't bought a car yet though. Just been messing around in the Arcade mode and getting all the licenses in simulation mode.

If you love all aspecs of cars(buying/selling, upgrading, tweaking, and racing), you'll probably love this game. If your not really into cars, you'll probably find this game long/slow and boring. Overall, I highly recomend it.

djb
07-11-2001, 11:08 PM
Hmm which game to buy..GT3 or NBA Street..

LonestarROB
07-11-2001, 11:14 PM
Why not both? Your rich i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif . To be honest, that's a tough choice and I'm glad I don't have to make it. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

djb
07-11-2001, 11:16 PM
Since I'm sure you'll be busy playing GT3 the next couple months, I'd be more than happy to take that copy of NBA Street off your hands i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Flying Tiger
07-11-2001, 11:17 PM
That game looks sweet...It's like NBA JAM in 2001.

LonestarROB
07-11-2001, 11:18 PM
haha, I think I can find playing time for both. Red Faction IS getting a little dusty though i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif .

djb
07-11-2001, 11:19 PM
With all the hype surrounding GT3, I think I'll pick it up if I see it tomorrow (gotta go to Frys still to compare digicams). If not, I'll just stick with NBA Street. Can't go wrong either way i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
07-11-2001, 11:19 PM
Street blows AWAY NBA Jam, Tiger.

Flying Tiger
07-11-2001, 11:21 PM
Yeah...I'm sure it does. But NBA JAM was the cooooooooolest!

LonestarROB
07-11-2001, 11:21 PM
Why not just trade 2 of your older games in? EB has a deal to trade in 2 PS2 games get GT3 for free. Don't even have to pay tax. That's what I did.

djb
07-11-2001, 11:24 PM
Oh really? That sounds pretty cool, though I like my PS2 games (with the exception of Ridge Racer). I hear GT3 is addicting as hell though, so maybe I should stick to Street! Since I'm probably exchanging my digicam for the smaller/cheaper one, I'll have enough left over for the game i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
07-11-2001, 11:34 PM
Street is pretty damn addicting too. Probably more so then GT3. First few nights I could put the thing down.

Btw, bought my first car tonight. Didn't know a P T Cruser could kick butt so bad. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Flying Tiger
07-11-2001, 11:38 PM
Is Street with real teams or street players?

Flying Tiger
07-11-2001, 11:39 PM
~~~Double Post~~~

LonestarROB
07-11-2001, 11:40 PM
Both

Flying Tiger
07-11-2001, 11:40 PM
Oh...cool.

LonestarROB
07-15-2001, 11:07 AM
Mustang Cobra's kick BUTT.

Got Street or GT3 yet DJ?

djb
07-15-2001, 02:29 PM
ftp.mindspring.com/users/rrev/cpit.jpg

djb
07-15-2001, 02:30 PM
No I haven't gotten either yet i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif My gf went to Best Buy yesterday and said they were all sold out (of both).

LonestarROB
07-15-2001, 02:39 PM
Link doesn't work. i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif

djb
07-15-2001, 02:45 PM
Just copy/paste that link.

LonestarROB
07-15-2001, 02:47 PM
*DROOL*

Holy crap dude. Where'd you find that at? That would kick a$$.

djb
07-15-2001, 02:48 PM
Hahaha I thought you'd get a kick out of that! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
07-15-2001, 02:53 PM
I actually don't really like steering wheels though. Had one for GT2 and didn't care for it much. I'd like to do a few laps in that thing though.

LonestarROB
07-18-2001, 11:02 AM
Damn, finished an endurance race this morning. 100 laps i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif . Took 1 hour and 3 minutes to finish. Luckely it was a short course(about 36 second lap time), otherwise it would have been MUCH longer. The thing that sucks is that I didn't win the car I wanted to i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif . Still got a good one though.

djb
07-18-2001, 12:37 PM
Good god man! How could you possibly sit there and do 100 laps! i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

LonestarROB
07-18-2001, 02:16 PM
haha,

I have no idea but beleive me, it WASN'T easy. I'm not very good at having to sit in the same place for extended periods of time. I paused the game a few times(to get up and walk around) during the race but that's it. The time really wasn't THAT bad. It went by faster then I thought. The toughest part was the track. It was just a circle. Boring as hell! If it had some turns and stuff(like the Seattle endurance race I did. 1 hour 4 minutes total time, but only 40 laps), it would have been much easier.

There's 10 endurance tracks and these tracks(Seattle and Super Speedway) are the 2 shortest ones. Just wait 'till I decided to try one of the 2 HOUR tracks. That's gonna be brutally tough. But they have to be done. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
07-20-2001, 05:44 PM
Gran Turismo 3 has become the Fastest selling videogame of all time. Sweet i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif

djb
08-03-2001, 04:52 PM
For Rob: Pre-order X-Box (http://www.gamestop.com/default.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&sect=1160)

08-04-2001, 07:10 AM
GT3 is soooooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!

LonestarROB
08-10-2001, 02:59 PM
GT3 is AWESOME!

Flying Tiger
08-10-2001, 09:25 PM
Rob...is it too hard to make both flags work at once?

LonestarROB
08-10-2001, 10:56 PM
haha, it takes alot of work to keep both flags blowing at the same time i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif . Nah, for some reason they keep going away. Guess I gotta change my sig now.

Flying Tiger
08-12-2001, 12:02 PM
Well they're both working now. I played this hockey game on PS2 yesterday at a friend's house. It was really sweet!

LonestarROB
08-14-2001, 03:10 PM
Tell me it wasn't NHL 2001? That game SUCKED!

Btw, rented this game called Klonoa 2 the other day. It's cool. Graphical power of the PS2 but old school(Mario type) game play. Pretty sweet.

Big Boy Laroux
08-15-2001, 09:59 AM
ROB! i need some help man! i'm seriously considering a PS2... mainly cause it can play DVDs and i need a DVD player. so i figured why not kill two birds with one stone.

so basically, guys, is the PS2 a good DVD player, average, or what? will i be disappointed if i play DVDs on it?

LonestarROB
08-15-2001, 11:54 AM
From what I've read and heard, it's supposed to be really good. I can't really tell you if it's any better then a regular DVD player though. I've only seen 1 DVD in mine but it looked really good. But I also have it on a Sony WEGA tv with Monster S-Video cables, which greatly enhances the picture quality over a normal setup. If your getting it JUST for DVD's, you could probably get a good DVD player for less.

Maybe DJ can help ya out more. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

djb
08-15-2001, 12:51 PM
Rob's right. If you plan to use it primarily as a DVD player, then maybe you're better off buying an above-average Sony or Toshia DVD player for around $200 or less. You can get a Panasonic 5-disc DVD player for around $149 now since they're moving out their inventory to make way for next year's model (doesn't have built-in decoding though I don't think, but that's useless unless you have the surround sound gear).

But if you plan on making use of the PS2 for gaming as well, then why not go for it? They're finally coming out with some good games (none of which I've gotten yet but I'm sure Rob can back me up on this one!) and for DVD viewing, the player is definitely average to above-average. Unless you've got a huge projection tv with a surround sound setup, I doubt you'd be able to tell much difference between the PS2's image/sound quality and that of a $200 set-top. I use my PS2 more for DVD viewing than my $399 JVC set-top (which I'm too lazy to setup). The only downfall is using the controller as a remote, but you can buy DVD remotes for the PS2 for $15-25 at Best Buy.

I think the new PS2/Gran Turismo 3 bundle sells for around $329 now. Find a coupon online (Buy.com usually has $10-30 off coupons) and get it even cheaper (buying it online also usually means no tax). That lowers the PS2's actual cost to about $270-280 not including the game.

Big Boy Laroux
08-15-2001, 01:58 PM
yeah, that's how i was looking at it, too. i plan to use it as a gaming system, of course, i just didn't want to go out and buy a separate DVD player, if this was close to being as good. and i have seen the controllers as well. i'll have to check into that.

i think i'll check into it online... i won't buy one like tomorrow or anything, but i wanted to get some info on it.

great insight, guys. thanks!

djb
08-15-2001, 02:03 PM
If you get the PS2/GT3 bundle and decide you don't like racing games, I might be willing to take it off your hands i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
08-15-2001, 02:03 PM
Well, if you want to use it to play games too, there really isn't any other choice. Dreamcast, GameCube, and X-Box won't help you much for doing both.

Btw, the PS2 price will probably drop in the next several weeks(2 months or so) with the release of the GameCube and X-Box.

djb
08-15-2001, 02:05 PM
If I didn't already have a PS2, I'd probably hold out for the Xbox. It'll play DVDs as well (GameCube won't). Though games like Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Gran Turismo, and Metal Gear Solid probably won't be ported to Xbox.

Big Boy Laroux
08-15-2001, 02:24 PM
well, i figure it's also a no-brainer for me to get a PS2 over an x-box because i have old PS1 games that i still want to keep around...

maybe i should hold out for a PS3? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
08-16-2001, 11:08 AM
If ya get a PS2, I could kick your A$$ in some Madden or NBA Live when it goes online too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Btw, Madden 2002 comes out next week. I'm Pumped!!

Flying Tiger
08-19-2001, 03:05 PM
Man...I rule at Madden! I almost beat my friend the very first time I played PS2. I was going in for the game winning touchdown, but I ran out of bounds. I'm used to playing Blitz where you can't run out of bounds.

Big Boy Laroux
08-20-2001, 01:00 PM
hate to break it to you, FT, but "almost" beating your friend (who could suck royally), does not mean you "rule at madden."

Murphy3
08-20-2001, 02:00 PM
i've got gran turismo 3 or whatever..and i'm going to have to say.. it's very overrated

LonestarROB
08-20-2001, 02:52 PM
That's probably because you don't have the patience or the attention span for such a long and deep gaming experence. Or maybe you just suck i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif .

Gran Turismo 3 ROCKS!

LonestarROB
08-20-2001, 08:06 PM
Games coming to the PS2 in the next couple months.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/204674.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/205061.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/182664-mock.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/206093.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/201549.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/181983.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/198102.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/204677-mock.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/205956.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/200009-mock.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/203373-mock.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/201855.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/206091.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/200871.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/206095-mock.jpg http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/204679-mock.jpg

At that's just to name a few.

Man I'm gonna be broke i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif .

djb
08-20-2001, 08:48 PM
Oh man Grand Theft Auto 3's gonna be sweet! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif My next game will probably be NBA Street though (nope, STILL haven't gotten it!).

Big Boy Laroux
08-21-2001, 07:56 AM
i'm interested in seeing how the sega sports games will match up with the EA sports installments. and to see if nba live 2002 doesn't blow goats.

Murphy3
08-21-2001, 09:49 AM
actually evilmav..you're probably right..i just haven't had the attention span to play it much...but, it seems relatively easy so far.
i haven't had much time because of summer school and working full time...
plus, last week, i had to go to amarillo for business purposes.. and i'll be going back today...so, too busy to properly appreciate the game, i guess

LonestarROB
08-21-2001, 10:02 AM
I'm interested in that too BBL. Not much really in NFL 2K2(Madden's better IMO) but definitly NBA 2K2. Live really dissapointed last year. Hopefully with some stiff competition from SEGA this year, EA Sports will go the extra mile with Live this time around.

LonestarROB
08-21-2001, 01:02 PM
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm am holding a hot off the presses copy of Madden 2002 PS2 in my hands. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
08-21-2001, 05:03 PM
Madden 2002 Review.

Few steps above last years version. Best Madden EVER made. Best football videogame EVER made. Go buy it. NOW!!!

djb
08-22-2001, 12:05 PM
I guess we won't be seeing your around for a while huh? i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I'm just now starting to get the hang of Madden 2k1. I'm rooming with a friend now who's totally into football games, so that's why I finally decided to dust it off and give it a shot!

LonestarROB
08-22-2001, 02:24 PM
Man, this years Madden's alot tougher and more realistic. I'm having trouble beating the Texans. I know, I know, I'm using the Cowboys, but still...

Big Boy Laroux
08-22-2001, 02:36 PM
what players are on the texans, rob?

LonestarROB
08-22-2001, 02:40 PM
#1, #2 , #3 ,#45, #67, #32, #21, #77........ lol i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

LonestarROB
08-22-2001, 02:40 PM
In other words, there aren't any names for the Texans, just numbers.

Flying Tiger
08-24-2001, 05:42 PM
BBL...yeah, I don't "rule" in Madden on PS2, but I was unstopable on Sega Genesis!

LonestarROB
08-29-2001, 04:11 PM
The Sony DVD remote, you know the really cool one that comes with DVD driver upgrades, hit stores today. Just came back from Best Buy and they have them for $19.99. There alot smaller then it looks in the pic. The buttons are kinda small too. Other then that, it's pretty cool. I may just have to buy one i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif .

djb
09-05-2001, 01:25 PM
Looks like Atari should be credited for designing the PS2 i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

http://www.hchistory.de/comppic/microbox.jpg

Original PS2 Designers or Fake? (http://www.xbox365.com/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid999016909,79166,.shtml)

LonestarROB
09-05-2001, 02:31 PM
i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif Hmmmmmmm.......Interesting?

I've got a magazine that has several pictures of the original Playstation, or concept Playstations if you will, of all the different designs before they settled on the one they did. Pretty interesting stuff. The original Playstation was actually going to be made by Nintendo, The Nintendo Playstation was going to be the name, but Sony and Nintendo had trouble agreeing on certain things and thus split. I'll try to find pic's that I can post. It's pretty cool to see the evolution.

LonestarROB
09-06-2001, 09:01 AM
ahh ha, found the magazine. Apperently Sony and Nintendo joined in 1988 to make a videogame console, which was to be called the Nintendo Playstation(looked like an ugly Super Nintendo(I got a pic)). But the 2 couldn't agree on the type of software. Nintendo insisted on a Cartridge based system while Sony wanted CD-Rom. So they then split and 3 years later Sony began developing it's own gaming console. The Sony Playstation. And the rest is history. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
09-06-2001, 12:50 PM
SEGA 2K2 series revealed for the PS2. Enjoy i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif .

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nba2k2/nba2k2_1.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nba2k2/nba2k2_2.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nba2k2/nba2k2_3.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nba2k2/nba2k2_4.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nba2k2/nba2k2_5.jpg

LonestarROB
09-06-2001, 12:53 PM
http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nfl2k2/nfl2k2_1.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nfl2k2/nfl2k2_3.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nfl2k2/nfl2k2_4.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nfl2k2/nfl2k2_5.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nfl2k2/nfl2k2_6.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nfl2k2/nfl2k2_8.jpg

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/previews/image/nfl2k2/nfl2k2_9.jpg

djb
09-06-2001, 02:09 PM
Good lord Rob! I feel sorry for the guys on dial-up who have to wait for all those pics to download i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
10-19-2001, 01:38 PM
Just a few more days until....

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/198102.jpg

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Big Boy Laroux
10-19-2001, 01:40 PM
hey rob, isn't GTA3 3-d now? like, no more overhead view of everything?

LonestarROB
10-19-2001, 01:41 PM
Yep. I's gonna go get some screens. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
10-19-2001, 01:49 PM
Get out fat boy, Put you hand in the air!
http://www.gouranga.com/images/gta3/gta3_368.jpg

What's that in the trunk?
http://www.gouranga.com/images/gta3/gta3_366.jpg

You wanna FIGHT?
http://www.gouranga.com/images/gta3/gta3_322.jpg

Oh no, The police choper's after me.
http://www.gouranga.com/images/gta3/gta3_312.jpg

Drive by.
http://www.gouranga.com/images/gta3/gta3_304.jpg

Big Boy Laroux
10-19-2001, 02:04 PM
ok, i liked gta... but it got frustrating with all the overhead stuff... this looks awesome.

LonestarROB
10-19-2001, 02:11 PM
Here's what the gaming press had to say about GTA3.

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------

Play Magazine review score: 98%

"The BEST game in the WORLD" - Play Magazine

"As PERFECT as it is violent, anarchistic and offensive" - Play Magazine

"Only a pact with the devil could produce a game of this perfection" - Play Magazine

"The finest game the planet has EVER seen" - Play Magazine

"Beyond BRILLIANT! - Play Magazine

"Grand Theft Auto 3 in STUNNING 3D" Official PlayStation 2 Magazine (Review score 8/10)

"Huge 3D Cities, jaw dropping spot effects, AWESOME lighting, this will deliver one of the games of the YEAR" Total Station (Review score 10/10)

91% - Games Master October 2001

"Crime doesn't pay, but it's a hell of a lot of FUN, Grand Theft Auto 3 " - PSW (Review Score 9/10)

Some general press comments...

"The God Father of crime simulation looks STUNNING" - P2

"A slice of HIGH SPEED gangster adventuring stuffed with AMAZING features"
Games Master

"The MOST extreme game EVER! You won't believe what you can do "

"A STUNNINGLY good game"

"You can spend hours and hours playing this game and having FUN without even thinking about playing any of the missions."

"Grand Theft Auto 3 reveals something new with every play, original, comical and shocking, it has it ALL!"

"Grand Theft Auto 3 is a COMPLETE riot, if you want to make a gangster omelette, you're going to have to break some heads"

"Grand Theft Auto 3 is an astounding achievement DMA design and Rockstar have sired another landmark videogame"

"Bursting with originality, GTA 3 is a BRILLIANT cartoon and the humour is blacker than ever"

"DMA delivers on its promise to bring GTA into the 3D era. You`ll get away with murder."
"There's nothing quite as sick, funny and inventive as this on the shelves.

".... This thing is unbelievable"

".....the best game we`ve ever played."

" The day after its arrival we played GTA3 for 14 hours! 12.30pm to 4.30am, …….without a break."

"No Metal Gear Solid 2, No GoldenEye, no Final Fantasy comes close."

"This game is beyond brilliant"

"If we could have dedicated the entire magazine to GTA3 we would have"

"The game that resets the gaming calendar to year zero"

"Grand Theft Auto 3 is a remarkable achievement of proportions we never imagined possible."

"It has single handedly changed the way we see all videogame entertainment...."

" In one fell swoop your entire games collection has become obsolete, all other other games seeming pathetic attempts to waste your time"

" Look in the back of the magazine and see the scores we have given every other PlayStation game then deduct twenty percent, because a new standard has arrived......"

"Beautiful"- Play - November 2001

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and by the way, you can play in the overhead view GTA3 if you want.

Big Boy Laroux
10-19-2001, 02:20 PM
holy crap! i may have to get a PS2 just for this game!

http://rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto3/flash/main.html

ok, seriously, i haven't even played it yet, but by looking at the site, it already looks like the best game ever.

LonestarROB
10-19-2001, 02:27 PM
No Kidding. I may have to get a....oh wait, I already got one i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

Go to this site for alot of GTA3 info and TONS of pic's and movies. About 3/4 down the page. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Gouranga.com (http://www.gouranga.com/nf-info-gta3.htm)

LonestarROB
10-20-2001, 03:24 PM
Here's some good movies that show how the game is played. Kinda funny too i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

Get His A** back home (http://viewer.ign.com/media_page.jsp?width=512&height=384&media=http://ps2movies.ign.com/media/news/video/gta3/garage.mov&media_src=embed&media_type=N&object_id= 39314&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2viewer%26adc hannel%3Dps2%26pagetype%3Darticle&ign_section=17&m edia_name=Getting+his+ass+back+home)

Random Fight with an old Man (http://viewer.ign.com/media_page.jsp?width=512&height=384&media=http://ps2movies.ign.com/media/news/video/gta3/fightwitholdman.mov&media_src=embed&media_type=N&o bject_id=39314&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2vie wer%26adchannel%3Dps2%26pagetype%3Darticle&ign_sec tion=17&media_name=Random+fight+with+an+old+man+)

Rooftop Carnage - Must See (http://viewer.ign.com/media_page.jsp?width=512&height=384&media=http://ps2movies.ign.com/media/news/video/gta3/uponaroof.mov&media_src=embed&media_type=N&object_ id=39314&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2viewer%26 adchannel%3Dps2%26pagetype%3Darticle&ign_section=1 7&media_name=Rooftop+carnage+--+a+must+see%21)

Unreal Carjacking and Roll sequence (http://viewer.ign.com/media_page.jsp?width=512&height=384&media=http://ps2movies.ign.com/media/news/video/gta3/carjackandroll.mov&media_src=embed&media_type=N&ob ject_id=39314&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2view er%26adchannel%3Dps2%26pagetype%3Darticle&ign_sect ion=17&media_name=Unreal+carjack+and+roll+sequence %21)

djb
10-21-2001, 03:14 PM
Toys 'r Us is having a buy 2 get 1 free deal for all PS2 games. Verrrry tempting..

LonestarROB
10-21-2001, 03:34 PM
hehe, yep. You can use the coupon at Best Buy and Target and other places too. Atleast that's what I've been hearing. I've gather up 2 coupons so far. Don't think theres 8 good games out there that I don't already have though.

LonestarROB
10-22-2001, 10:41 PM
IGN Reviews GTA 3. 9.6 outta 10. Check it out (http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/15548.html)

djb
10-22-2001, 10:49 PM
As soon as I get around to it, I'm going to do the 2 for 1 deal over at Amazon.com (same as Toys 'r Us, and there's an extra $10 off coupon) and get GTA3, NBA Street (STILL don't have it!), and either Batman Vengeance or Gran Turismo 3. I'm leaning towards Batman b/c I miss old school platform, beat-em-up games like that, and I really doubt I should be getting something as involved as GT3. The last thing I need is to screw up my grades playing that game i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Hmm and NBA Live 2k2 is coming out soon too..

LonestarROB
10-22-2001, 10:55 PM
Soo many games soo little time and money. Ace Combat4, GTA 3 this week. Tony Hawk 3, NBA Live 2002, Half Life next week. Then Metal Gear 2, Splashdown, SSX Tricky 2 weeks later. i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

LonestarROB
10-23-2001, 03:50 PM
Oohh sooo tempting. Gamestop has GTA3 right now i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif . Toys R' Us won't get it until tomorrow i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif . That means no buy 2 get 1 free i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif . What should I do? Ohh the agony i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif . HEEEEELLLLLPP!!!!!!

LonestarROB
10-23-2001, 03:51 PM
BTW, Best Buy doesn't except the TRU coupon. Neither does GameStop. Damn them both i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif

LonestarROB
10-24-2001, 02:18 PM
Got it. Haven't had much play time yet but I was able to steal a few cars, beat up a few people and stole there money, but BY FAR the best thing I've done was pick up a Hooker, took her to a empty alley and we did our business(car rocks and everything), then as she steped out of the car I killed her and got my money back. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

So far it seems pretty good. Graphics are SOLID. Controls are good to.

Big Boy Laroux
10-24-2001, 02:25 PM
man, how is this game even released? sounds so violent!

rob... you're dirty.

LonestarROB
10-25-2001, 09:25 AM
<< man, how is this game even released? >>

I have nooo idea. That's basically the concept of the whole game though. Kill people.

Overall, I think it's one of the better games the PS2 has to offer. It does get kinda repetitive though. Graphics are SOLID. Not the best we've ever seen on the PS2 but they fit the style of the game Perfectly. Control is really good overall but the camera angles does get in the way sometimes(not much though). I'd say if you like alot of violance, it's a great game and well worth a purchese.

I wouldn't call it the Best game Ever though, BBL i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif .

Fidel
10-25-2001, 07:50 PM
Just saw previews of the upcomming XBox games to day. And I don´t want to offend any PS2 users here, but XBox will kick ass. There were ingame graphics that looked like the movies of other games. Some games were shit, but the good ones were unbelievable.

LonestarROB
10-25-2001, 09:12 PM
Personnaly I haven't been too impressed with the big 'Box. A few of the games look good but nothing mind blowing really. Nothing the PS2 and Gamecube can't do. And it always comes down to gameplay anyway. I don't know, we'll see how it all turns out. Toooo many GREAT PS2 games coming out so I can't afford one anyway. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

LonestarROB
10-26-2001, 01:56 PM
Happy B-day to the PS2. 1 year old today i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif hehehe.

Anyway.........

Big Boy Laroux
10-26-2001, 02:09 PM
ok rob, i think we can officially call your fixation with all things PS2 an OBSESSION...

i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
10-26-2001, 02:39 PM
You mean I hadn't made that clear until now??? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
10-29-2001, 11:31 AM
GTA 3 just keeps getting better and better. Made it to the final city finally. Basically just causing mayham most the time. Shot down several police choppers with my rocket launcher i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif . FBI don't like that too much though.

Anyway, I LOVE this game. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
11-05-2001, 11:43 AM
WOOHOO! This computer/internet illiterate country had his 1st EVER online gaming expearance this weekend i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif . Tony Hawk 3 on the PS2. Played some dudes in St.Louis, Jersey, and some guy from Cal. I still kinda suck at the game but I was able to win a few rounds. Pretty fun time overall.

djb
11-05-2001, 11:54 AM
How did you do that? The PS2 has a network adapter now?

LonestarROB
11-05-2001, 11:57 AM
Tony 3 supports 8 different modems/network adaptor thingy's . All I had to do was plug a cable from my modem I already had, into the USB port on the front of the PS2.

djb
11-05-2001, 11:58 AM
You plugged in a standard computer modem into the PS2? Did you have to dial into a gaming network to connect with the other players? I'm not following..

LonestarROB
11-05-2001, 12:05 PM
lol,

I don't know what the hell I did. I just followed the instuctions in the manual, and got some help from my dad.

I just got a cable(dont know what it's called), plugged it in the modem I already had for the computer. Plugged the cable into a tiny little box thingy, put another cable into that. And plugged that cable into the USB port on the PS2. Put the game in and select &quot;options&quot; to set your settings and then hit &quot;Network Play&quot; and your in. Pretty easy actually.

LonestarROB
11-05-2001, 12:08 PM
Here's how I did it.

&quot;BELIEVE THE HYPE.

Launching in the US on October 30th!

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3&Ocirc; will be the first online enabled title for the PlayStation®2. Using either an off the shelf

USB Ethernet Adaptor, a USB Modem, or Sony's Network Adaptor, players can go online to challenge friends and foes across the globe.

Q: So what do I need to get online?
Network hardware, cables, and *internet access. That's it.

Q: What hardware is supported?
You have three choices:
1) Sony's Network Adaptor - coming soon

2) a supported USB Ethernet adapter:

A. LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 USB Network Adapter USB100TX
B. D-Link DSB-650TX USB ETHERNET ADAPTER
C. SMC EZNET-USB 2102 USB
D. SOHOware 10/100 Mbps USB Network Adapter NUB100

3) a supported USB Modem:

A. Zoom FaxModem 56K USB Model 2985L
B. USB Pocket 56K NetSurfer NMT00700
C. MultiTech Systems MultiModemUSB MT5634ZBA-USB
D. Actiontec Call Waiting USB modem USB56012-01CW

Q: Where can I get these devices?
Online at www.buy.com or any major computer retailer (Fry's, Best Buy, Comp USA, etc.)

Q: What kind of Internet Access* do I need?
A standard dial-up account, or high speed access via a cable modem, DSL, or existing network.

Q: Can I plug straight into my cable or DSL modem?
Yes. THPS3 supports DHCP, Static IP addresses, and PPPoE

Q: What if I want to share my broadband connection with my PC and PS2?
You'll either need a router, or you will need to configure you computer to share the connection with your PS2. There are many resources online to help you get this set up. You may want to take a look at Practically Networked.

Q: How easy is it to get online?
Plug you hardware device into your PS2, and plug an Ethernet cable or phone line into the hardware. In-game setup is even easier.

Q: Do I have any excuse NOT to play online?
No. None whatsoever. Go get your gear and get online! Who knows - you might even see Tony there...&quot;

djb
11-05-2001, 12:11 PM
I see. So you were able to play with multiple people on a standard dial-up connection (phone line)? Was there noticeable lag?

LonestarROB
11-05-2001, 12:14 PM
You can only play 4 at a time on a given server. But no lag what so ever.

djb
11-05-2001, 12:18 PM
Sound sweet i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif I won't be buying any new PS2 games or hardware for a while though..working my ass off and saving up to buy a new car in the next couple weeks.

LonestarROB
11-17-2001, 11:42 PM
Ugh, spent $105 thursday at best buy. Got Metal Gear 2 and Half-life for the PS2. MG2 is great so far. Looks like Half-life was a waist of money though i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif . I gotta give it more time though. Haven't played it much.

LonestarROB
01-24-2002, 03:46 PM
Had to bump this thread back up. It should NEVER be that far away from the top of the page i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

Anyway, Got NBA 2K2 the other day. Pretty good(but not great) game. It is the best bball game on the PS2 though. And probably the best I've ever played aside from Street.

Big Boy Laroux
01-24-2002, 03:49 PM
well, i won't be buying a PS2 anytime soon. got a dvd player, and i am now ADDICTED to getting DVDs.

LonestarROB
01-24-2002, 03:52 PM
Did you know that Grand Theft Auto 3 is the GREATEST Game EVER!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Big Boy Laroux
01-24-2002, 04:00 PM
dude, can't believe i forgot to tell you! i was in atlanta this weekend, and a friend had GTA3. man, it was, simply put, awesome.

taking the drugs was funny. i couldn't tell if the guy on the game was high, or if it was just me... i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

LonestarROB
01-24-2002, 04:57 PM
the adrinalin(spl?) pill is cool for getting in fights but it's basically useless other wise. I just like killing random people. Perferably cops though i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

LonestarROB
01-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Oh yeah, and Rockstar(maker of GTA3) has a new game coming out in a few week called State of Emergency. It's basically a riot simulator. It's lookin pretty damn sweet.

djb
01-25-2002, 12:11 AM
Saw a preview for that..looks cool! I still need to get GTA3 one of these days though. Hopefully when I have some free time over Spring Break or whatever.