PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets

Nash13
09-30-2002, 11:54 AM
Everybody says the Rockets are going to do really good this season. I think they will get 3 more wins than what they got last season.

I bet, off the top your heads, 3/4s of the people on this message board couldn't name their starting five, and 3 players on the bench.

I predict their record would be 31-51.

Hoopsmeister
09-30-2002, 12:09 PM
<< Everybody says the Rockets are going to do really good this season. I think they will get 3 more wins than what they got last season.

I bet, off the top your heads, 3/4s of the people on this message board couldn't name their starting five, and 3 players on the bench.

I predict their record would be 31-51. >>

If Francis is healthy, that alone will get them 10 more wins than last year. I do think a lot of people here overvalue them (mainly because even when they are mediocre they have just the right match-ups to make them a problem for Dallas) but I think they will go close to .500 this year.

Maringa
09-30-2002, 12:34 PM
Two players will be key for the Rockets this year: Ming and Griffin...If Griffin continues his progress from last year, and Ming shows he's a better version of Shawn Bradley, I believe they will hit .500 this year. Their other rookie, Nachbar (Boki), will show he belongs in the NBA, but won't be much of a factor. I predict the Mavs lose 3 games to them this year.

Rhylan
09-30-2002, 04:27 PM
Nah, I hope we're tired of pussy footing around when it comes to the Rockets. We better get some attitude and go 4-0 or 3-1 on them this year. Cuz I said so. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

I see them getting 35-40 wins, though, if Franchise stays healthy.

Nash13
09-30-2002, 10:37 PM
I think Francis will stay healthy, but I also think he won't average his usual number. Next to centers, point guards have the best defenders in the NBA.

Nellie
10-01-2002, 10:54 PM
The Rockets, when healthy, are a contender for the 7th or 8th playoff spot but no more than that. 2 years ago they won 45 games and missed the playoffs just cause the west is that good. Last year Francis was hurt. I definitely think they are good enough to make the playoffs as a low seed and I don't see that as overvaluing them at all.