PDA

View Full Version : Camby

MavsFanFinley
10-10-2002, 07:44 PM
Too lazy to copy and paste the article right now, but Marcus Camby is out indefintely with a hip injury.

MavKikiNYC
10-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Not at all surprised. Knew it was more serious than the NYKs were letting on.

Camby to Undergo Hip Surgery

Oct. 10 - Denver Nuggets center Marcus Camby will have surgery on his injured hip today, the team announced. A timeline for his return will be determined at a later date.
Were certainly disappointed for Marcus, said Nuggets General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe. He was having an outstanding camp and has worked so hard to get back to the court. We look forward to his healthy return.

Last season, Camby suffered a torn iliopsoas and a bone contusion as a member of the New York Knicks on Feb. 1 and missed the rest of the season. He was acquired by the Nuggets this summer in a trade with New York. A routine MRI was performed on Oct. 7 by the Nuggets, and team physician Dr. Steve Traina detected a possible tear in the cartilage that lines the hip joint.

Dr. Traina referred Camby to Dr. Marc J. Philippon - one of the worlds leading orthopaedic hip surgeons - who confirmed the injury. Dr. Philippon will perform the surgery this evening at 8:00 p.m. EDT at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.

Following surgery, Camby will begin physical rehabilitation. This will include non-weight-bearing continuous passive motion exercises.

Im anxious to get this corrected and return to the court as soon as possible, said Camby. Im disappointed that my debut with the Nuggets in front of our fans will have to wait.

Drbio
10-10-2002, 10:41 PM
Following surgery, Camby will begin physical rehabilitation. This will include non-weight-bearing continuous passive motion exercises.

It's not like Camby has ever REALLY put weight on this hip....the guy is just fragile.

edit- freaking type-o

TheKid
10-11-2002, 08:55 AM
Yes and there was talk about people wanting to TRADE Fin for him... Last year there were people willing to Trade Fin and NVE for Spree and Camby.... WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!

MavKikiNYC
10-11-2002, 09:15 AM
Well, Kid...

at one point I would've considered Howard for Camby/Spree. But never Fin.

TheKid
10-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Oh I know it wasn't ALOT of people who would have done it, but there were some on this board who were VERY high on Camby.. I'm actually a Knicks fan too and I know I wanted his ass out of New York, I wouldn't want him to come to my other favorite team.

Drbio
10-11-2002, 02:53 PM
good grief. Camby for anything more than a bag of balls is a screwjob.

FilthyFinMavs
10-11-2002, 03:53 PM
AHHHHHHH. Again another rumor of a player Mavs would trade for has gotten injured. Can Mavs see the future or some ish? Im playin but I was one of thsoe guys who was in favor for gettin him but no one of our top 5 guys tho.