PDA

View Full Version : Why has nobody picked up Jim Jackson?

grbh
10-31-2002, 01:56 PM
I thought he sort of rejuvinated himself with Miami last year, but he still has no takers.

Dooby
11-01-2002, 08:50 AM
Why has nobody picked up Jim Jackson?

Why has noone posted in this thread?

I think the answer to both questions is the same.

grbh
11-01-2002, 01:45 PM
You can't tell me there isn't a team out there he could help. He had a nice year with Miami last year.

Are you telling me Dooby that a guy who can bring 11 points a game, 5.5 rebounds, and shoot 47% from three like he did last year should not be able to find a job. Just need a clarification.

Blonde Bomber
11-01-2002, 01:51 PM
actually, like I've said before, I would have liked to see him back with the Mavs this year, but what can you do. Everybody else just wants to talk about Wang...go figure.

FilthyFinMavs
11-01-2002, 04:19 PM
I am thinking the same reason JR Rider cant get a job. Both talented but there are risks into taking them.

grbh
11-01-2002, 04:38 PM
Obviously JJ has had his share of problems, but I thought he was on his best behavior last year. I think I even rememer reading a couple articles where Riley was pretty comlimentary towards him.

Who knows there could be more to the story. He will get picked up by somebody before the season is up.

Dooby
11-01-2002, 05:08 PM
I was being fecesious.

In truth, Jackson is an average player these days; he could help somebody and I expect he does make it on somebody's roster sooner or later. But because of the luxury tax, it just isn't worth it for some teams right now. If a player goes down to injury, I expect Jackson to be acquired.

That, or there is a personal issue we aren't aware of.

MavsManiac
11-01-2002, 05:20 PM
<< That, or there is a personal issue we aren't aware of. >>

8 teams in 6 seasons speaks volumes on what kind of a teammate he is, IMHO

signoftimes
05-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Not that anyone was deadly opposed to Jackson in November, but there was no rally cry for him. People knew why he wasn't being picked up. Sac got lucky and now everyone regrets it.

Dooby
05-16-2003, 04:27 PM
<< In truth, Jackson is an average player these days; he could help somebody and I expect he does make it on somebody's roster sooner or later. But because of the luxury tax, it just isn't worth it for some teams right now. If a player goes down to injury, I expect Jackson to be acquired. >>

Called it right. Just wish it wasn't the Kings that pulled the trigger.

mavsfanforever
05-16-2003, 06:20 PM
Jackson has a reputation of turning over the ball too much. Also he sucks.

Drbio
05-16-2003, 06:40 PM
He didn't suck last night.

David
05-16-2003, 08:14 PM
The best time to mention a player is right after he has a big game.