PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Which NBA Franchise would you purchase if you could?

Blonde Bomber
11-13-2002, 05:17 PM
If you could purchase any NBA Franchise in the league, which one would you buy. Consider Talent, Coach, Location (like where you would like to live). You are the owner. So noone pick Dallas because of what Cuban is doing here.

Let's get some well thought out answers...

Blonde Bomber
11-13-2002, 05:33 PM
I voted for Orlando.

The Franchise is well established with great players like T-Mac and G. Hill. I love the state of Florida and they have great weather year-round.
I just like the area all-around. It's a great place to live and have been there numerous times (though I have never took in a Magic game).

The Magic are a fun team to watch just like out Mav's and things are looking pretty good for them in the east..

Lakers make it a close second..

Dallas third...

aexchange
11-13-2002, 06:02 PM
the clippers, and i would move them somewhere to a city that would appreciate them.

veruca salt
11-13-2002, 06:04 PM
I voted GS, because they're a young team with a lot of talent...and you watch, they'll
trade it away if someone doesn't stop them.
I also took into consideration where i'd like to live i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MavKikiNYC
11-13-2002, 07:33 PM
NYKs so that I could use Layden as a human sacrifice at halftime of the 82nd loss of the season.

Rhylan
11-13-2002, 09:16 PM
Why, the Knicks, of course!

You get to hear rumors every other day about how you're going to trade pocket lint and a slinky for Shaq!!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MFFL
11-13-2002, 10:35 PM
I voted Boston. That way I could say that I owned the team that my favorite player once played for.

Chiwas
11-13-2002, 10:49 PM
Knicks īcause I like very much Manhattan. (I havenīt been in Dallas i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif)

And I'd buy Nájera to change the 0-82 in a 82-0 i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

southern_sweets
11-13-2002, 10:59 PM
I went with New Orleans, so I could change their name from the Hornets. It doesn't fit, it's wrong for New Orleans, and a bunch of other "stuff" I won't say because it would offend my friends here.
What the he** does a hornet have to do with New Orleans?! Sure you might find one or two hovering over a trash can on Bourbon Street. But, lets not name the team for them.
The Jazz name should return or, as was discussed at length at Black and Gold Nation, the BBall team should also be the Saints (no one knows if that can really be done).

Sorry for the rant.

Drbio
11-13-2002, 11:00 PM
I'd buy Denver. The Nuggets remind me of Dallas a few years ago. They have some great young stars and they play in a kickass city.

mcsluggo
11-14-2002, 06:54 PM
<< I went with New Orleans, so I could change their name from the Hornets. It doesn't fit, it's wrong for New Orleans, and a bunch of other &quot;stuff&quot; I won't say because it would offend my friends here.
What the he** does a hornet have to do with New Orleans?! Sure you might find one or two hovering over a trash can on Bourbon Street. But, lets not name the team for them.
The Jazz name should return or, as was discussed at length at Black and Gold Nation, the BBall team should also be the Saints (no one knows if that can really be done).

Sorry for the rant. >>

You are absolutely right! they should change their name to:

The New Orleans &quot;Show your tits&quot;

Base Line Guy
11-15-2002, 10:53 AM
If money is NO object, I'd take LAL, but that would be buying at the top end. I think you can find some other franchises at a better deal, like the Mavs in 2000. I'd go with Orlando. Great local, nice talent, decent tv market &amp; etc. Not sure what their price tag is, but it would not compare to any LA teams. I also thought about Memphis with Jerry West and some incredible young talent, but you have a TV market that replaced Salt Lake City as the smallest in the NBA, but the Grizz sold for only $165m in '99.

B L G

Nash13
11-15-2002, 03:09 PM
I would buy the Clippers. Then the first thing I would do is fire Elgin Baylor.

dallmav
11-16-2002, 04:42 PM
I would buy the clippers and move them to South Carolina. They have enough talent, that I could make them a contender with a few trades.

Epitome22
11-18-2002, 04:55 PM
I too would like to purchase The Clippers and entertain the idea of moving them to another city. Question. If you hypothetically owned the Clips and could move them, which city would you want to move them too? I think I would either keep them on the West Coast in San Diego or possibly the Bay Area like San Francisco, or mayhaps move them to some place like Las Vegas

Blonde Bomber
11-18-2002, 06:20 PM
NBA Players and Vegas just would not mix.

Can you imagine the stories that would come out of there?

OutletPass
11-18-2002, 06:55 PM
Golden State....San Francisco is the best city in the U.S.; I like the young talent and young coach; and Veruca would be there with me!

MFFL
11-18-2002, 07:44 PM
If I bought the Clippers I'd move the team to Honolulu. What a home court advantage - the distractions for the other teams would be insane. Plus think about how easy it would be to recruit free agents.

mcsluggo
11-19-2002, 07:32 PM
<< NBA Players and Vegas just would not mix.

Can you imagine the stories that would come out of there? >>

Name that team...

The Las Vegas Gambling Hookers

BiteMeVescey
11-20-2002, 10:22 PM
Gimme Chicago, like the talent, good arena, and call me nuts but it is my favorite city in the U.S.A.

Chiwas
11-20-2002, 10:58 PM
nuts

aidzhsiah
11-26-2002, 02:30 AM
<< I would buy the Clippers. Then the first thing I would do is fire Elgin Baylor. >>

The Clippers' problems aren't Baylor. He does decent trades, picks decent draft picks...Donald Sterling is the main culprit of Clipper mediocrity. Buy the franchise, resign your free agents and watch them lead their division in 4 years.

This is in stark contrast to Golden State (my purchase of choice) where the team is mired in mediocrity due to years of GM incompetence... They've lucked into some young talent now... someone needs to keep it together!