PDA

View Full Version : Ben Wallace at it again!

OzMavs
11-21-2002, 05:09 AM
Wallace posted another triple double, 19 Boards, 12 points and 10 blocks against Miami. Great Stuff.

Chiwas
11-21-2002, 01:45 PM
10 blocks is huge.

Wallace is playing very well.

Maverick
11-24-2002, 03:05 PM
Wilt Chamberlain would have averaged at least 20 blocks per game if that statistic was counted in his day. Many former NBA players recall that Wilt would block over 10 shots in the first quarter.

Epitome22
11-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Assuming that Ben Wallace is only about 6'7 at the most (as if 6'9 wasn't short for his position already) I'm still amazed at how he does it. Rebounds? ok, there have been guys Wallace's size who could really crash the boards, maybe not quite as well as Wallace does, but that's not too unfathomable. But how is he blocking all those shots? That's one thing when some guard comes in the lane and floats one up only for Shawn Bradley to send it back down but Wallace has got fricken 7 footers thinking twice about 8 foot shots because he is jumping up and swatting them. I don't know what to make of Wallace since he definitly doesen't have the height or size to be a center as was pointed out all last season but if the truth is to really be told, he doesen't really have the height to be considered a legitimate Power Forward either. He's a 6'6 guy who rebounds like a 7 footer and blocks shots like a 7 foot 6er. I wouldn't know what to do with Wallace if he was on my team, but it wouldn't hurt to have him on there.

Chiwas
11-25-2002, 02:35 PM
<< Wilt Chamberlain would have averaged at least 20 blocks per game if that statistic was counted in his day. Many former NBA players recall that Wilt would block over 10 shots in the first quarter. >>

It's amazing.