PDA

View Full Version : why kobe is a punk. part 1

aexchange
11-27-2002, 11:47 PM
excerpt taken from here.
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=221127019)

this is why i hate kobe. hes just the world's biggest punk. i'd take anybody from the jailblazers over this selfish ass. as an addendum, 1:30 left in the game, shaq in the post - singled up, kobe double teamed with ball, kobe drives to the baseline and throws up a shot from BEHIND the backboard and CLANKS it.

thank god for our mavericks.

"I'm not happy with the way guys are coming off the bench and their heads are not in the game,'' said Bryant, who made 14 of 31 shots. "If you're going to come off the bench and spell a player for five minutes, you can't have mental lapses.''

Bryant also called out teammate Samaki Walker, who was placed on the injured list Tuesday with a strained lower back.

"He is not hurting any more than I am,'' Bryant said. "I am out there playing, and he should be, too.''

Super Slow Mo
11-28-2002, 03:07 AM
why does this guy get so much attn on this board anyway? The Mavs and the Big 3 are 14-0, not Kobe/Shaq and the Lakers.

David
11-28-2002, 06:40 AM
<< why does this guy get so much attn on this board anyway? The Mavs and the Big 3 are 14-0, not Kobe/Shaq and the Lakers. >>

Here is a quote from the heading of this section:

&quot;AROUND THE NBA
Here you can discuss what's going on elsewhere in the NBA. Who's going to the Finals next year? Will the Clippers ever get a new logo? Why does Shaq always have that blank look on his face? Uhm you get the idea..&quot;

If you want to talk about how great the Mavs are doing, that's under GENERAL MAVS DISCUSSION.

Super Slow Mo
11-28-2002, 01:39 PM
That's fine and all, but 1 thread is enough for the Lakers but they have alot more than 1. Do some of you guys like the Lakers are something? These overrated Lakers will continue to get alot more attn around the world than the Mavericks as long as we talk about them so much on a Mavs board in my opinion, because this still is Dallas-Mavs.com right Dave?

aexchange
11-28-2002, 06:37 PM
this is around the nba.

duh.

if you want to talk mavs, go talk about it in the general mavs section. geez.

Chiwas
11-28-2002, 11:01 PM
I didn't like Kobe either. If he was for free and I was Cuban, I woudn't take him.

UsapaBay
07-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by: Chiwas
I didn't like Kobe either. If he was for free and I was Cuban, I woudn't take him.

LOL!

cookies_n_mavs
07-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Wow, Chiwas..you must REALLY not like him! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

If I was Cuban I'd go buy something really big like a sports team or something...

i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

(BTW: I agree that Kobe is 100% PUNK)

Mandyahl
07-05-2003, 11:22 PM
kobe's a may be a punk, but he is a helluva basketball player.

Nash13
07-06-2003, 12:02 AM
Here's a funny stat of Kobe's:

Kobe led the league in FG made, but was 53rd in fg%.

Mandyahl
07-06-2003, 12:03 AM
true, but also he is a guard and isn't expected to have as high of a shooting percentage as a center or pf.

ClipFan
07-06-2003, 12:11 AM
Like him or not, he is one of the top 3 players in the league. Not just by Lakers fans, but quite a few people. It's not like some fans do with their own players where noone besides them rank their guy in the top 10 or whatever, but this guy is considered one of the top 3 in the league, period.

Mandyahl
07-06-2003, 12:13 AM
top three would be arguable. top five for sure though.

ClipFan
07-06-2003, 04:11 AM
not for me, the 3 rings seperate him from the TMacs, KGs, Iversons, Kidds, Pierces, Marburys, etc etc

ocelot_ark
07-06-2003, 04:27 AM
As does his connection with the consensus number 1, Shaq.

Shaq and Michael Finley would have 3 rings. Kobe is nothing more than this generation's Scottie Pippen.

Evilmav2
07-06-2003, 09:38 AM
If Kobe had spent his career playing in Charlotte instead of LA, methinks he would look an awful lot like the second coming of Alex English...

Mandyahl
07-06-2003, 01:08 PM
kobe would still be a good player without shaq. but the only thing that separates him from t-mac is that he plays with shaq. so then i don't think he is necessarily any better than t-mac. therefore, he is not in my top three.

ClipFan
07-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Shaq and Michael Finley would have 1 ring, and that's a maybe. There was a time in the playoffs when Shaq went down, and Kobe completely took over. Finley does not have that in him, not on a playoff level anyway IMO. Let's not mention Kobe Bryant and Michael Finley in the same breath, please. It's not like Shaq did it with no help, I mean Kobe was averaging over 25, 5, 5, and not to mention his 1st team all NBA awards he has recieved. Shaq needed Kobe Bryant to win the 3 rings, where as if Finley was there they might of won 1 title, if that. Kobe averaged over 25 5 and 5 over the time when they won the titles, and Finley just haven't shown that he can do that on a team where he is the 1st option. Kobe has done it, when he was the 2nd option behind Shaq. Shaq needed Kobe, maybe not as much as Kobe needed him but Shaq definitely needed Kobe.

Mandyahl
07-06-2003, 11:09 PM
umm, game 5 in the san antonio series. dirk went down, and fin took over. i don't think that fin is as good as kobe. but i think the lakers could've won three titles with him, too.

Drbio
07-06-2003, 11:18 PM
Jay Harp is gay.

The Crippler
07-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by: Drbio
Jay Harp is gay.

That's pretty funny to those in the know...i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Mandyahl
07-07-2003, 11:54 PM
i am so confused...explanation?