PDA

View Full Version : Both East series going to 7 games

MFFL
05-19-2001, 08:59 AM
It's a measure of how BAD the East is this year that none of the teams were able to control their series. They have all went to seven games and who knows what will happen now. Frankly, who cares. They are just going to be 5 game Spurs/Lakers fodder.

MFFL
05-19-2001, 04:36 PM
Sunday is game 7 for both series. This will further define which team will lose to the Spurs/Lakers.

Hales233
05-19-2001, 08:37 PM
I actually think your comments are pretty ignorant. Other than Mavs-Jazz, the Western Conference Playoffs have been pathetic.

Philly-Toronto has been a great series, with Vince and Allen playing "Can you top this?" Milwaukee-Charlotte has also been extremely intriguing.

So, I do care. What I don't care about are your comments i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif.

MFFL
05-19-2001, 11:32 PM
Bite me. I'm allowed to make comments. You don't like it - tough. The teams in the East are so evenly matched (bad) that of course the games are close. But none of the teams will do well against either the Spurs or the Lakers.

scooterj5
05-20-2001, 03:19 AM
The Sixers/Raptors series is absolute madness!!!!

Hales233
05-20-2001, 08:59 PM
wow MFFL, chill out...i used a smiley face, you need to calm down and stop being so defensive.

MFFL
05-20-2001, 09:13 PM
a smiley face means that you can call somebody ignorant?

Hales233
05-20-2001, 10:18 PM
Actually, I called your Comments ignorant, not you. Get the facts straight buster.

LonestarROB
05-20-2001, 10:48 PM
WOOHOO!! I'm no longer #1 on Hales Most Hated List i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

MFFL
05-20-2001, 11:10 PM
I don't see how you can call my comments ignorant without calling me ignorant.

scooterj5
05-21-2001, 02:11 AM
Well by your definition, everyone is ignorant because they don't know everything.

Hales233
05-21-2001, 08:42 AM
Rob, LOL.... Scooter, good call.

Murphy3
05-21-2001, 10:47 AM
maybe we should just call hales ignorant and leave it at that

Hales233
05-21-2001, 12:08 PM
How about you get yourself a life Murphy...oh that's right, you're too ignorant to even get a decent job.

Murphy3
05-21-2001, 12:24 PM
actually, i have a life, but thank you for being concerned.
yes, i do have some free time at work. i hope that's ok with you, and i would hardly say i'm too ignorant to find a good job.
once again, thank you for your concern. it is greatly appreciated.

MFFL
05-21-2001, 01:41 PM
Damn hales - you sure have an attitude. Maybe you need to get laid. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hales233
05-21-2001, 03:09 PM
MFFL, I have no problem getting laid, unlike your perverted middle-aged fat ass. Stay the hell away from me you dumb hick.

Murphy3
05-21-2001, 03:13 PM
there's no place for that hales

MFFL
05-21-2001, 03:22 PM
hales - you forgot the smiley face. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Remember you can say whatever you want about somebody if you put a smiley face at the end. I put a smiley face at the end of MY post. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hales233
05-21-2001, 03:30 PM
whatever you schmuck

MFFL
05-21-2001, 03:33 PM
hales - I've always had a theory that the first person who stoops to personal insults has lost the debate.

I guess that means that you are a loser. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Hales233
05-21-2001, 07:36 PM
i may have lost the debate, but you're the loser in life i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MFFL
05-21-2001, 08:39 PM
LOL - if you need to think that to get through the day, then OK.

Hales233
05-21-2001, 09:30 PM
Hello, My name is MFFL, I say things that don't make any sense. Nice to meet you, Goodbye. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MFFL
05-21-2001, 11:23 PM
Please allow me to explain. If it is necessary for your self-worth to think that I am a loser, you have my permission to do so. Your opinion of me does not matter. In fact, I cannot remember you having an opinion that wasn't asinine. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

scooterj5
05-22-2001, 04:11 AM
MFFL, I have no problem getting laid, unlike your perverted middle-aged fat ass. Stay the hell away from me you dumb hick.

Sory I found that funny

Hales233
05-22-2001, 09:15 AM
MFFL, I actually thought we agreed on a lot of things, especially threads that were Mavericks related, but I guess to you I'm just an idiot. You might want to read my posts a little more carefully before judging me.

Murphy3
05-22-2001, 09:24 AM
hales fits the description of Lam0015 from what i've heard.

always starting something. one thing i've noticed is that hales instigates everything and tries to blame it on someone else, like this instance with mffl.

MFFL
05-22-2001, 09:43 AM
hale - I apologize. I got caught up in the whole insult war and forgot my manners. You do have very good sports opinions and I am sorry that I insinuated otherwise.

Again my apologies.

Murphy3
05-22-2001, 10:31 AM
don't lie, hales doesn't have good sports opinions.

and i'd like to apologize for mffl's apology,. his apology was uncalled for

TheKid
05-22-2001, 03:45 PM
Well I'm voicing my opinion and I'm starting to see that maybe the western conference isn't as strong as we thought it was. Lakers seems to be going on cruise control through the western conference.

Murphy3
05-22-2001, 04:07 PM
and we are all glad we have your opinion.
thank you.
what does it prove that the series in the eastern conference are going down to the wire?
it proves nothing in comparison to the western conference because the two conferences aren't playing each other.
once again, flawed logic on your point.
you use one thing to prove a point that has nothing to do with the point you're trying to make.
try again

MFFL
05-22-2001, 04:39 PM
murph - the comparison I was trying to make was that there is not a dominant team in the East. Both the Lakers and the Spurs dispatched their opponents in a quick fashion. No team in the East could do that.

Murphy3
05-22-2001, 04:52 PM
oh, i know..
the east is a group of evenly matched pretty good teams.
i agree, my post wasn't directed at you, but towards others.

the west, a bunch of good teams and a better team, the spurs, and a great team, the lakers

MFFL
05-22-2001, 05:07 PM
What's funny is that Philadelphia WAS a dominant team - until they made a trade that I thought would put them over the top.

Mavinator
05-22-2001, 05:34 PM
Everyday I praise god that Philadelphia got to Mutumbo before we did... That could have been a disaster.

TheKid
05-22-2001, 05:40 PM
Well did you ever think about better parity in the east compared to the west. That was my point, but I forgot, your logic is the greatest, everyone else's is flawed.

Hales233
05-22-2001, 05:45 PM
hey murph, your sister/wife is calling you (yeah, that's the right, your sister IS YOUR WIFE). i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

TheKid
05-22-2001, 05:57 PM
I didn't say all that, I'm not even going to go there.

Mavinator
05-22-2001, 05:57 PM
Does anyone think teams like the Raptors or the Magic would have even made the playoffs in the west, let alone be a shot away from the finals?

Hales233
05-22-2001, 10:43 PM
Murph, I expected a decent comeback from you by now i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

MavsFanFinley
05-22-2001, 11:49 PM
Im not sure the Raptors would of made the playoffs out in the west this year...the Magic, I think would of beat out Minnesota--maybe. That's a pretty good team and once Hill is back healthy they'll be even better--especially if they can add Antonio Davis to the mix.

scooterj5
05-23-2001, 02:10 AM
Murph everyone knows you ARE lamo.... I mean, you post using the same style. No capital letters and always pressing enter. You also have the exact same opinions about all the Mavs players.

scooterj5
05-23-2001, 02:16 AM
I can't see how a series that goes to 7 shows weakness. It only shows teams are evenly matched. I mean the Lakers/Spurs could go to 7 and the Sixers could win in 4, but that doesn't prove anything.

Murphy3
05-23-2001, 08:18 AM
i'm sure alot of people don't use capital letters. what's the big deal with that. we'll see how much better the west is once the finals get here. I didn't say that winning in seven games or 4 games makes a difference. the east is playing the east and the west is playing the west, therefore, it's hard to look at the playoffs and compare the two conferences against each other that way. we'll just have to wait until the finals

TheKid
05-23-2001, 12:47 PM
To base whether an entire conference is better off of what two teams do, doesn't make much sense either. Just because the Lakers may beat the Sixers doesn't make the Western conference better than the Eastern conference.

I think the stronger teams are in the Western Conference (Lakers and Spurs), but the question you ask Mavinator would the Raptors have made the playoffs in the Western conference? They ended up with the same record as the Timberwolves, so I'd have to believe they would. Who knows how they would have faired against the Lakers playing them 6 times a year compared to twice a year. That's why it's hard to say which conference is better FROM TOP TO BOTTOM THAT IS!

Granted, no team in the East is better than the Lakers or the Spurs IMO, however after that, it's a toss up. With the exception of Indiana on down, I don't believe there is an eastern conference team that made the playoffs this year that wouldn't make the playoffs if they were in the western conference.

Mavinator
05-23-2001, 05:54 PM
Um, put the Raptors in the west, and their record is no where near as good as it is in the east. Every team in the east is a one-man show (except for the Bucks and Pacers)... If the Mavericks were in the east, we would have won the east and gone to the finals. As would have the Jazz, Kings, Lakers, or Spurs. The Blazers, Suns, and Timberwolves would have at least made it to the second round and probably the finals in the eastern conference. I'm doing my best to be perfectly blunt here- the Eastern Conference is utterly inferior. It sucks. Everyone over there is worthless except for the Bucks and at times, the Sixers. East == Crap.

MFFL
05-23-2001, 07:59 PM
Well said Mavinator. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

MavsFanFinley
05-23-2001, 08:03 PM
The East is pretty sad, isn't it?

That's why I hate when certain players from the West, whose team may not have faired well in the playoffs, move to the east knowing if they pick the right team--they could go a lot farther.

That remark isn't directed at Webber alone. I would be disappointed if Finley went to the east coast.

MFFL
05-23-2001, 08:06 PM
I would LOVE it if Webber goes East. That would move the Mavs up a notch in the West.

djb
05-23-2001, 08:08 PM
Yes and it would also keep Houston from significantly improving (should they acquire CWebb).

MavsFanFinley
05-23-2001, 08:17 PM
I understand completely about wanting Webber out of the west, whether it's helping the Mavs move up a notch (passed the Kings) or not helping the Mavs (by improving Houston).

My point was a good player like Webber leaving the more competitive west because he could advance farther in the weak east. Having not gotten over that hump in the west and knowing it would come in the east. I just think it's a disappointment i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

Murphy3
05-24-2001, 08:32 AM
wow, thanks, i'm glad that finally some people came to back me up on the east sucking compared to the west

scooterj5
05-25-2001, 08:10 PM
I agree that the East is weaker than the west, but how can you make the judgement off of the length of playoffs series???

Murphy3
05-26-2001, 09:17 AM
you don't make that judgement based upon the playoffs, you make that judgment based upon how dominant the west was when playing the east this year.

MFFL
05-26-2001, 10:00 AM
scooter - my point was that dominant teams dispatch their opponents quickly in the playoffs. No East team could do that, therefore no East team is dominant.

scooterj5
05-26-2001, 06:32 PM
I actually agree with murphy here. Are you saying that if the Sixers played say the Nets and swept them, that the East would be strong??? Length of series only shows two teams relative to each other, it can not be used for comparing conference. A better measure of East V West would be total interconference records.

Murphy3
05-28-2001, 09:51 AM
i think my point is correct.
the west is much better than the east based upon the records versus each other this year.
but, i also think mffl's comment fits in as well. yes, the west is much better than the east, AND the lakers are dominating the west in the playoffs. What does that mean? the best team in the west is dominating other teams in the west that are better than any team in the east. all that means is that east is in alot of shit when the finals role around

MFFL
05-28-2001, 02:20 PM
thanks murph - I was having trouble expressing myself on this topic.

Murphy3
05-28-2001, 10:06 PM
yeah, i agree with you, but i think there's more to why the west, in particular the lakers are going to dominate the nba finals.
i hope they sweep just to further prove how inferior the east is

scooterj5
05-29-2001, 03:10 AM
Errr I'll just leave this one alone now

TheKid
05-29-2001, 12:55 PM
Well Murph correct me if I'm wrong, but now you're contradicting yourself. When I said earlier in another post that both the Sixers and Bucks faired well against the Lakers in the regular season you said the regular season doesn't matter. Now you're saying to show the west is more dominant than the east, look at how the west faired against the east all season. Which one is it? Use the regular season as a measuring stick or throw it out the window? I think your second opinion is correct, USE IT! That's why I said anything could happen and we'll see because really the ONLY teams who had an answer for the Lakers this year on a REGULAR basis were in the East.