MavKikiNYC
12-18-2002, 07:57 PM
Not sure this was Kiki's best trade.

Super Slow Mo
12-18-2002, 07:58 PM
and they waive satterfield, the mavs should blow these boys out tonight

Base Line Guy
12-18-2002, 08:05 PM
JP is a good pick up for HOU. The Nugz got nothing.

BLG

ÜberDirk
12-18-2002, 08:08 PM
Kenny Thomas is a good pick up too.

Art long and Bryant? wtf, those are guy's you waive, lol.

I guess they are clearing minutes for nene and skeeta and anderson, lol.

FilthyFinMavs
12-18-2002, 08:33 PM
I like the way Kiki is going with his franchise but trading James Posey for nothing? Other then the rookies he was there most valuable trade bait and I am suprised they didn't try to get a draft pick for him. I don't care if it was a second round pick that would have been better then Art Long and Bryant. Rox got a huge deal in this one Kenny wasn't performing the way he was last season.

OutletPass
12-18-2002, 08:45 PM
Good Lord, you can say that again Mavskiki...what in the world is going on ? this is hard to figure unless it's just as uber says.

MavsFanFinley
12-18-2002, 08:55 PM
Didn't the Nuggets get Philly's first round pick and a 2nd round pick from Houston too?

MavKikiNYC
12-18-2002, 08:56 PM
Yes, MFF. Nugs got Philly's #1. That makes more sense.

MavsFanFinley
12-18-2002, 09:20 PM
It makes sense only for the fact that the Nuggets are completely rebuilding and they've gotten a good start by getting some nice young players in there. If they do that again in this years draft, they'll have a great foundation.

Still a lot of work to turn it all around, but they have some nice young talent and if they can convince just one so-so free agent in the off-season, they might be on there way.

Long way, but there going about it the right way.

Super Slow Mo
12-19-2002, 01:19 AM
great post, mff. i agree

Dooby
12-19-2002, 10:39 AM
Denver is setting up for the off-season. They are going to try and trade a first round pick for a high-dollar player because they'll have the caproom to pull it off. I say this because I can't see anybody going to Denver voluntarily.

I still think that Denver should trade Howard if they get the chance. Cap room is worthless if nobody wants to play for you-ask Chicago.

My prediction is that Denver will be the FA one night stand of the NBA next year. Lots of players will visit, lots of players will talk and nobody will stay for breakfast. "____ is in talks with Denver" followed shortly by "_____ resigns with original team."

Rhylan
12-19-2002, 11:29 AM
According to Marc Stein, the Philly #1 is in 2005!

Drbio
12-19-2002, 09:46 PM
This was a good trade for the Nuggets. It's no great return mind you, but Posey was gone after the year anyway. In return for essentially Posey and cutting Satterfield (who will sign with Philly later this week), they get back two players and two draft picks. At least study the team before bashing them. Kiki V is doing a damn good job over there.

Drbio
12-19-2002, 09:49 PM
The Philly draft pick is 1-8 protected in '05 or unrestricted up to '07. The 2 rounder is unprotected.

Denver has the most cap room available next season. They should score two decent free agents. Combine that wiht this years first rounder, and then with Nene Hilario and Nik Tskitisvili and the Nuggets are 2 years away from completing consistently.

Super Slow Mo
12-19-2002, 10:54 PM
they have the cap space but will players sign there is the question. i do agree, kikis doing a damn good job. you can see hes still working with guys like harvey, nene and the rest. harvey impressed me last night, wish we could get him back

Nash13
12-20-2002, 04:32 PM
why would you trade your best player if you were Denver?

OutletPass
12-20-2002, 05:21 PM
I'll wait a while before saying that kiki is doing something GREAT up there. Now if he had Yao and Amare instead of Nene and Nik, then I could get with his Kikiness...but I also agree that Denver is next year's "Bed and Breakfast for FA's". And with all due respect to ya Doc...Mark Bryant and Art Long are not "players".

Kiki had one skill as a player and I bet he's gonna be a one skill GM.

MavKikiNYC
12-20-2002, 05:36 PM
<< why would you trade your best player if you were Denver? >>

Because he was going to be FA after this season, and the Nugs didn't think he was worth what they'd have to pay to retain him. So they traded for a future first-rounder, rather than lose him for nothing.

The players shuffled around were purely accounting tokens.

Super Slow Mo
12-20-2002, 08:57 PM
kiki is definitely doing some good things up there, i agree with doc. just wait and see, the nugz are going in the right direction folks. nene and skita will both be great players in this league, if you have watched any of their games, you know that. posey wasnt that good of a player to begin with. and if denver can get a 9, or 10th pick out of it, then they definitely won. and if they can get a steal in the 2nd round, like golden state did with gilbert arenas. yes, anyone who knows anything about basketball knows kiki is doing some great stuff up there, only wish he was still here.