Murphy3
05-24-2001, 10:03 AM
rum and coke
madori sour,
goldschlagger

Big Boy Laroux
05-24-2001, 10:21 AM
beer
cuba libre (rum and coke with a lime, basically)
tequila

damn, speaking of whiny...
midoori sour? girly, man... i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

on that note, we as guys are so limited when it comes to alcohol. All the good-tasting drinks are considered to be girly drinks. now, i don't like froo-froo drinks with umbrellas, but yes, midoori sours are good, so are whiskey sours, so are white russians, and margaritas, and long island ice teas (which will give you a buzz quick), and harvey wallbangers, etc.

we guys are in a bind.

oh, here's one more. Captain's Cream Soda. half captain morgan's spiced rum, half 7-up or sprite. Tastes just like a cream soda.

anyone ever had a flaming Dr. Pepper? SHot of amaretto with 151 on top. light the 151, drop the shot into a beer, and then down the beer. i swear it tastes just like dr.pepper.

MFFL
05-24-2001, 10:52 AM
You guys are going to laugh -

Zima
Tom Collins

Big Boy Laroux
05-24-2001, 10:55 AM
tom collins isn't a bad drink. forgot about that one... sounds manly, too. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

but zima? ah, you're killing me here!

LonestarROB
05-24-2001, 10:56 AM
Root Beer. That's about as close to beer as I get i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif .

Murphy3
05-24-2001, 12:36 PM
my question is about wine coolers.
why is a wine cooler considered a girly drink when almost all wine coolers have a higher alcohol content than beer?
i guess it's because they are fruity tasting.

turbo.mav
05-24-2001, 01:18 PM
longgg islanddd iccee teaaaa... - good

also.. squirt mixed with vodka... one of my friends at school drinks that everyday at lunch desguised in like an dasani water bottle..

Big Boy Laroux
05-24-2001, 01:21 PM
aren't you in high school, turbo? (no disrespect meant if you aren't)

kid's got alcoholism in his genes for sure...

Murphy3
05-24-2001, 01:40 PM
long island ice tea is good also.
but i'll stick with my rum and coke.

TheKid
05-24-2001, 02:24 PM
I can't stop laughing about the ZIMA!!!!!!

MavsFanFinley
05-24-2001, 02:47 PM
I like Bloody Mary's and Whiskey Sours and the always reliable Margarita...

I abused Long Island Ice Teas but that needs to go on the other post i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

MFFL
05-24-2001, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry - I just like drinks that are tart. Squeeze some lime in a Zima and it's an enjoyable drink.

TheKid
05-24-2001, 03:30 PM
Hey, whatever does it for you. It's just funny because a friend of mines wife always wants Zima. We can NEVER find the stuff and everytime we go to the liquor store the people look at us like we're weird when we ask for it. Or when we go out, she always ask for Zima and they look at her weird again.

MFFL
05-24-2001, 03:37 PM
Zima is disgusting unless you add lemon or lime to it. I'm suprised that your friend has trouble finding it. Zima is very easy to find. i get mine at Sam's club or Albertson's.

This site will suggest drinks you might like.

http://www14.mixeddrinks.activebuyersguide.com/abg/nav/PrimerPageHandler.cfm?PID=0X14X104X10837X2571a&Sub mit=Decision+guide%3E%3E

TheKid
05-24-2001, 04:47 PM
I'll be sure to pass that info on to her.

madape
05-24-2001, 04:52 PM
Zima is OK if you are just drinking one or two. But has anyone ever tried binge drinking with Zima? YUK! Plus, if you are a guy, there is a very good chance you will get into a fight if you drink Zima at a bar.

I'm not a big fan of flavored beers much, but I have enjoyed some hard lemonade on occasion. Its a good summer drink. Think of it as an alternative to regular lemonade if you feel like a wuss.

Murphy3
05-24-2001, 04:55 PM
rum and coke or straight vodka, or goldschlager,
my drinks of choice when i do drink.

anyone ever try goldschlager and big red mixed? not bad

MavsFanFinley
05-24-2001, 04:59 PM
I like Brandy and 7up (aka brandy and 7) too. YUM!

I was a sophmore in high school when Zima hit and that was the rage. We'd each have a 6-pack of it and then share everthing from snhapps (sp) to tequila to whatever anyone else brought along. Now there was some bellyaches. I just look back and laugh about it now.

Murphy3
05-24-2001, 05:03 PM
a soph. in high school when zima hit?
dang, you must be getting old
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

TheKid
05-24-2001, 05:08 PM
Binge drink Zima??? Wow, now that might be the definition of alcoholic. I would MUCH rather drink a couple of shots and get it over with than to drink a ton of that stuff i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

MavsFanFinley
05-24-2001, 05:09 PM
Hey now, I just turned 25 on Monday--Im not that old i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif

Im not sure when Zima hit the markets, I just know I was a sophmore in high school when it was the rage for us to be drinking it.

Big Boy Laroux
05-24-2001, 05:10 PM
it came out when i was in high school (i think... or maybe it was just popular) and everyone thought it was the next best thing. then it was just the girls who drank it.

i do agree with madape, though. those hard lemonades (mike's, doc otis, hooch, etc.) are pretty good. and high alcohol content. i don't drink them that often. and i don't drink too many of them. the bitterness makes you sick after a while... same with cider, i get sick of the taste.

words of wisdom. don't drink them on an empty stomach. you'll be belly-aching for hours.

anyone tried that new hard ice tea? i saw it at the store the other day, but didn't get it.

Murphy3
05-24-2001, 05:12 PM
uhoh, well, maybe you're not getting old.
i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif
i guess i must have been a freshman then

scooterj5
05-25-2001, 08:26 AM
wine coolers are nicccccce

LAM0015
05-25-2001, 11:18 AM
Vodka, Goldschlagger, and Tequila mixed. Throw in a table spoon of sugar and a teaspoon of salt. I like to call it Golden Sugar tits.

Murphy3
05-25-2001, 01:43 PM
am i the only one that feels like getting screwed up tonight?
man, what i wouldn't do for a bottle of goldschlager right now. throw in some rum and coke and i'd be set.

madape
05-25-2001, 02:37 PM
I'll be boozing it up at a keg-party/crawfish boil tonight. I plan on being in rare form. I hope my liver is up to the challenge.

Murphy3
07-13-2001, 05:09 PM
hey madape, how was the crawfish boil?