PDA

View Full Version : Nazr Mohammad

scooterj5
05-27-2001, 03:55 AM
Did the Sixers make a blunder letting him go so cheaply?

The market for young talented centers is very very strong, they could have played him as trade bait and got at least a talented piece (Nazr was a throw in, in the Mutombo trade)

MFFL
05-27-2001, 08:48 AM
I'm beginning to think the whole Mutonbo trade was a blunder. The Sixers went from the best team in the NBA to a second-tier team. I don't understand how it happened, the trade should have worked.

LonestarROB
05-27-2001, 10:15 AM
I don't know but Nazr's a free agent and I'd like to have him in Dallas if at all possible. He'd be a really nice pick up IMO.

giostar
05-27-2001, 11:00 AM
Well Phil wanted to win something this year... not next year. When their center went down, they needed a replacement. And since the hawks were willing to trade Mutombo, they went out and got him.

I still think that Phil will bounce back and win this series. And could even make it interesting for LA... provided they get somewhat healthy. As much as I hate LA... I'd love to see the Iverson vs. Kobe, and Shaq vs. Mutombo matchup.

If Mutombo and Iverson get healthy...

MavsFanFinley
05-27-2001, 09:11 PM
I've heard this guy's name come up on other boards and people seem to think he would be a good pick up...Im not familiar with him but more people seem to think he would be a good pick up than not.

Could someone tell me a little bit about him?

scooterj5
05-28-2001, 01:37 AM
I thought Sixers coach was Larry Brown gio???

Murphy3
05-28-2001, 09:47 AM
the sixers don't have enough offensive firepower now.
they gave up too much. yes, defense wins championships but not when you're offense is as impotent as philadelphia's is

giostar
05-28-2001, 10:20 AM
Phil = Philadephia, not Phil Jackson. Just making sure you all don't think I'm an idiot and don't know the difference.

scooterj5
05-29-2001, 03:35 AM
Oh yes that makes sense now gio. And murph, the Sixers offence is awesome because of that Iverson fella.