PDA

View Full Version : WWWWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiwas
01-22-2003, 10:14 AM
<< Adelman earned the earned the honor to coach the Western Conference All-Stars as a result of the Kings' 109-102 victory Tuesday over the New Jersey Nets at ARCO Arena. With their victory the Kings (31-11, .738) clinched the best possible winning percentage in the Western Conference. >>

I don't get it. How could they clinch the &quot;best possible wining percentage in the Western Conference&quot; if we have better percentaje now with less games played?

NELSON has a better record than Adelman this season, he must coach the All Star.

Does somebody want to explain me this weird decision?

aexchange
01-22-2003, 10:15 AM
nelson cant coach this year because he coached the game last year.

i believe it was the same reason that phil jackson couldn't coach the game last year, allowing nellie to coach.

Chiwas
01-22-2003, 10:18 AM
I was angry for a moment.

That's better.

mcsluggo
01-22-2003, 12:54 PM
actually it was adleman who couldn't coach it last year (giving Nellie the shot)

nellie and adleman just flipped places this year

TripleDipping
01-22-2003, 01:01 PM
Does it matter who coaches the ASG?? I just wanna see some high-flying ridiculous dunks.

Blonde Bomber
01-22-2003, 01:29 PM
The only thing that sucks with Adelman being the coach is that he will most likely pick some Kings players to be reserves, instead of maybe some others that may be deserving.

You can forget about him picking the Big 3.

Nowitzki makes it...but Nash and Finley...I don't know

TripleDipping
01-22-2003, 01:55 PM
No big deal... our guys need the rest anyway.

WayOutWest
01-22-2003, 02:01 PM
<< No big deal... our guys need the rest anyway. >>

Agreed. He'll probably play Shaq, Kobe, Dirk and Duncan 40 minutes to try and burn them out. i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Chiwas
01-22-2003, 02:06 PM
<< Agreed. He'll probably play Shaq, Kobe, Dirk and Duncan 40 minutes to try and burn them out. >>

hehehehe. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Nash13
01-22-2003, 03:20 PM
<<

<< Adelman earned the earned the honor to coach the Western Conference All-Stars as a result of the Kings' 109-102 victory Tuesday over the New Jersey Nets at ARCO Arena. With their victory the Kings (31-11, .738) clinched the best possible winning percentage in the Western Conference. >>

I don't get it. How could they clinch the &quot;best possible wining percentage in the Western Conference&quot; if we have better percentaje now with less games played?

NELSON has a better record than Adelman this season, he must coach the All Star.

Does somebody want to explain me this weird decision? >>

Last year, Adelman had a better record than Nelson, but he was coach

LRB
01-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Chiwas: It's called the &quot;Pat Riley&quot; rule which doesn't allow the same coach to coach the allstar game 2 years in a row. This stemed from the 80's ShowTime Lakers where almost every year they had the best record and Riley would be the allstar coach. So to get a little variety, this rule was put in. We benefited from it last year. This year Adleman benefits from it.